It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[!HOAX!] Pic of UFO very close range. [!HOAX!]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Mpbdsnu.....

I agree. Its 100% fake. By zooming in close enough (at least by 600%) you can see the work that was done to blend the colour in with the background. Why do people try this on?

Did you have a chance to read that which was written about this issue?

As per the expert commentary in this & many other threads, I don't think you can draw that conclusion based on the available information.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

This is hilarious:

you can see the work that was done to blend the colour in with the background.

The blending, sure such hardly any work for an actual craft.
Not saying it is.
Course from some perspective thats a good maybe.

Good pick up Maybe, perhaps one who actually checks these posts.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

TeslaandLyne.....

Any info on details of witnesses.

L1U2C3I4F5E6R posted details about the sightings (including information pertaining to witnesses) on several occasions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 3-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
What about the police drones that were withdrawn this year. They are only 70cm in size. The same drone is available to the emergency services and military as well. It's worth a thought if only to exclude it.

Smurfy.....

I included some information here pertaining to police UAV's.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

TeslaandLyne.....

This is hilarious

I'm not sure I'm with you.....

What "is hilarious"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

This does get difficult.
Having never seen a disk UFO I still say UFO based on other sightings
and the many photographic similarities.
I saw a high flying trail maker with a dark cloud in front and an illumination
at one side at the aft like a lightning ball.
I'd say I saw UFO especially as it came straight at me and overhead as I
arched back to see it pass right above me.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

TeslaandLyne.....

This is hilarious

I'm not sure I'm with you.....

What "is hilarious"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

hilarious

Or thinking a hoaxer takes the time for details he has no ideas about.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

TeslaandLyne.....

Any info on details of witnesses.

L1U2C3I4F5E6R posted details about the sightings (including information pertaining to witnesses) on several occasions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 3-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

Yeah thanks.
I think I picked it up in the ED.

ED: So was it smoky and like a dark rain cloud perhaps. The photos seem to pick up black images.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To those of you claiming the ufo was shopped.. HERE is a TRUE* enlargement taken from that area of the ORIGINAL full-size image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e09afd1840de.jpg[/atsimg]

By 'TRUE' I mean that is NON-interpolated (interpolating adds false detail) and it is from the ORIGINAL, not the reduced and RESAVED image shown on the first page (resaving adds jpeg block boundary artefacts).

I have adjusted the levels slightly to better highlight any artefacts or 'paste' edges - could those claiming it is 'shopped' please point out (with coordinates) the evidence, on THIS image?

Seriously, if you are using the ridiculous enlargement posted earlier, that contains much added false detail and falsely enhanced jpeg boundary blocks, you really need to do a little more homework on image editing and be aware of the traps for beginners. It is ironic that those claiming it's a cut and paste, have actually done some of the 'shopping' themselves...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Hey there,

Thanks for the comments. The pics you referred to that I posted on another thread are from 2.9 miles down the road the year before.

I just had to find out where from and then measure on google maps.

The person who took the photo is no longer alive as he passed away but he gave me those pics a day after he took them.

I said the pic LOOKED like an alien. I did not SAY It WAS just asked if it did. The Houses in the surrounding area look very similar and are built at the same time.

This particular object has been seen by the residence of the area on separate occasions and too me are similar.

However the object my sis photoed is very different to the other one in my

edit on 043131p://f40Sunday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: Added Data

edit on 043131p://f42Sunday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: Added Data

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hi Charlz,

I am trying to see if I can find more pics from before and after this one.

The camera very similar to the one I posted a link to. It looks the same and my sister sent me the link. I asked her today and she said its like that one she posted to me. So im just going on relayed info im afraid.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by torsion

I think you're on to something
I think we have a serial hoaxer on our hands, reminds me of the Greenville triangle UFO hoaxer.

edit on 3-10-2010 by cripmeister because: just because

Hi there,

Well, I posted these pics as I have them.

Lets say I am a hoaxer as you put it. I would have to been very good as a few very knowledgeable people on here have looked for photo shopping and find none. So lets say i did photo shop it, then why would I do that with such a poor "UFO" pic and not paste in something that looks far more believable and clear.

How am I a serial hoaxer. I have a lot of pics of something in the air. Could just be nothing, or could be something.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

So you are saying that can not possibly be a ship.
That its a photographic artifact.
Thanks for the review cause it looks similar to a eyewitness drawing
of a very large craft.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by CHRLZ

That its a photographic artifact.
Thanks for the review cause it looks similar to a eyewitness drawing
of a very large craft.

Hi there Teslaandlyne,

Did you mean that you have an eyewitness drawing? that would be really good. Are you from Sussex in the UK.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by CHRLZ

So you are saying that can not possibly be a ship. That its a photographic artifact. Thanks for the review cause it looks similar to a eyewitness drawing of a very large craft.

TeslaandLyne.....

I'm not sure CHRLZ is drawing any conclusions as yet.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 3-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Format

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by torsion

I think you're on to something
I think we have a serial hoaxer on our hands, reminds me of the Greenville triangle UFO hoaxer.

edit on 3-10-2010 by cripmeister because: just because

The strange halo surrounding the object and the vertical lines.
Just ignore those for a cause.
ED:from a sighting:

There was a ‘dark space” around its immediate periphery, beyond which there was a purplish “Tesla corona”, which extended out for some distance in advance of the ship, and fanned out along the sides as it moved through space. A ship of that size would be large enough to carry a whole battalion.

edit on 10/3/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

Image posted from this page.

Indicating fuzziness surrounding the object.
Plus we have some vertical lines in the zoom in magnification.
I think its supportive of an upward driving force.

Yeah no ship just a photo analysis.
The witness reference was for this image due to similar edge fuzziness.

edit on 10/3/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
So lets say i did photo shop it, then why would I do that with such a poor "UFO" pic and not paste in something that looks far more believable and clear.

If you've been around the board for a while (and I think you have) you know that stuff that looks "believable and clear" usually equals hoax. The lifespan of a blob photo (look at the Sydney UFO thread for example) is usually longer than that of a typical saucer photo.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
What about the police drones that were withdrawn this year. They are only 70cm in size. The same drone is available to the emergency services and military as well. It's worth a thought if only to exclude it.

Smurfy.....

I included some information here pertaining to police UAV's.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks Maybe, but I do know what they are. BTW I don't go for the sensor spot thing at all as related to in just a sunlight context, and I don't think it is a big lump of dirt either, since Sis was taking a picture of an object. MW make the drones, at £40,000.00 a unit,
www.mwpower.co.uk...
I wonder have they any connection to HMV? they market a similar expensive toy for around £300

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great work CHRLZ, wish there were more like you. We would have these UFO pics done and dusted.

That new picture clealy does not contain JPEG artifacts. So we are now waiting for some other pics from that camera to see if it is a camera malfunction.

I wait in anticaption. Thanks for this.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
clearly photoshopped.

look at the distorsions around the object.

Cut and pasted and blended.

If it was a real photo it wouldn't have that nonsensical lines around that are from a clear cut and paste.

Those are "blocking artifacts" due to jpg compression.

These naturally occur around a object that is in a background of a contrasting tone. The compression software gets a little "confused" where dark colors meet light colors, and the resulting artifact is in groups of 8 x 8 pixel blocks.

I'm not saying it is an extraterrestrial craft -- or any kind of craft, for that matter. I'm just saying that this could be a picture of a real object. The odd pixels around the object are completely normal.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
So lets say i did photo shop it, then why would I do that with such a poor "UFO" pic and not paste in something that looks far more believable and clear.

If you've been around the board for a while (and I think you have) you know that stuff that looks "believable and clear" usually equals hoax. The lifespan of a blob photo (look at the Sydney UFO thread for example) is usually longer than that of a typical saucer photo.

Hi Crip, that's true just like the McMinniville UFO, although it's only partly "blob" it's never been really "debunked" a bit like this thread, witness testimony and a fairly unambiguous picture.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join