It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphics card Driver difficulties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I bought an ATI Radeon 9200 SE graphics card

Upon inserting the Driver CD a message appears saying:
"Please install ATI series display card first!"

Which I have no idea what that means..Any comments would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You mean RIGHT when you put the CD in?? Or After you run the EXE?? Try running the driver install program...or have Windows install its generic drivers...then goto the device manager and update the drivers for it and have it look in the cd drive where the Driver CD is located.

Edit...Also No Offense...but ANY SE card is crap.

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
You mean RIGHT when you put the CD in?? Or After you run the EXE??

During autoplay of the driver CD.

BTW I have the previous graphics card on my motherboard. To disable it someone said I have to configure the Bios properties????
any ideas

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Forget about that...just insert the card...then put the Driver CD in....if it doesnt let you install the drivers that way...go to My Computer-->View System Info.-->Hardware Tab-->Add Hardware Wizard...then follow the instructions. And yes...to get an AGP video card to work you have to go into your BIOS and turn off the onboard graphics.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i just wish you could upgrade the graphics card in laptop. id put the new ATI 128 mg in mine. sad. i wanted a portable gaming machine.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
And yes...to get an AGP video card to work you have to go into your BIOS and turn off the onboard graphics.

any ideas on how to do that?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It all depends on what motherboard you have....so off hand...no.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Never mind.. The problem was that I didn't insert the card in properly. How stupid was that. The worse part is that my dad fixed it. My jaw dropped in amazement. I'm more like banging my head against the wall, since I had to owe him a thank you.

I played Need for speed 2 hot pursuit...
and dammmn, $70 for a graphics card isn't that bad... and thats canadian dollars. I seriously recommend getting one. and to think I was saving up for an acoustic pair of headphones priced at $115, which I will probably get later.

But the reason I got it was to play FIFA 2004, and Age of Mythology, and Rise of Nations. I am awe struck right now. BEST $70 I ever spent.

top topics

join