It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting go

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallinstar
reply to post by mossme89

no i dont think thats how it is. being alone and miserable for a moment so we can learn, i think we are all really alone, a reality that is scary and uncomfortable from being used to living in this world. i didnt read this in a teaching or anything, its happened by default, im not saying that i should forget them and not think of them, its more deeper and when i say let go i mean that we will hold on and its just good to let go so that you can move on.. u can see that its a hard thing to explain really.

I would disagree that we are all really alone. I think some people never feel it at all. Other people vaguely feel it but it's not enough to bother them. And some people have probably felt exactly what you have felt, being alone and miserable, but then found someone who has made them complete again. I think we feel alone and miserable because our life at this point is not as fulfilling as it was at some time in the past. When I was in middle school I loved my life because I didn't give a damn about school and I was always hanging out with my friends and we were all pretty close. But when high school came around we all went our separate ways, one of my friends moved back to Japan, we all got busy with school, and life just wasn't the same. But if life at one point was fulfilling, there's no reason why it can't be like that again in the future. You know what you have to do to get to that point, now you just gotta do it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

ya this is a good thread, good people here. thx !

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just let go of everything and see what remains, its fun and revealing.... the pain makes you stronger... everyone can do with a time in their life of being alone with their thoughts.... if you cannot live by yourself how can you live with someone else? Now survival is different lol

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

yes we all should be alone for a time, really i was alone for four years. i didnt connect to anyone, well i did with a few. but really.....

i have also been reading up on philosophy and different religions, one that catches my attention is buddhism and the belief in no self. i think i am on the process of letting go of my self and my ego and becoming who i am.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallinstar
reply to post by fonenyc

yes we all should be alone for a time, really i was alone for four years. i didnt connect to anyone, well i did with a few. but really.....

i have also been reading up on philosophy and different religions, one that catches my attention is buddhism and the belief in no self. i think i am on the process of letting go of my self and my ego and becoming who i am.

Zen Buddhism has a book about "Zen Archery" where a man used archery to achieve zero/nothingness. The Universe we are in is reaching Zero and that is explained as perfect balance. I on the other hand prefer to keep my ego but perfect it before discarding it. Maybe in perfect balance, zero, experience is rendered obsolete and all things are revealed to the achiever of this state of being but with no way of being sure I go for what I know. Superman had a "fortress of solitude" to clear his mind and reflect with the aid of his father's consciousness. I feel we all need a fortress of solitude or a place where we can get away and achieve a state of relaxation with ourselves. This "place" I speak of doenst normally, from what I have heard and experienced, present itself easily and a long stretch of time alone can show you the way to be at peace with yourself. I thought of a retreat once and it does seem enticing to have a nice get away but the retreat of my mind is suitable enough..... " Finding Forever" is a book that can help you to understand nothingness in a western way.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
true perfecting the body will result in peace. one thing though the solitude one can create can be a hindrance and a escape sometimes, i kno i do.

i completely agree with you btw
edit on 6-10-2010 by fallinstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

wow good advice

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join