It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Role Eyed In Latest European Terror Plot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Bin Laden Role Eyed In Latest European Terror Plot

uk.reuters.com

Reuters) - Osama bin Laden and top al Qaeda leadership are likely behind the latest European terror plot, U.S. officials said on Friday.

The plot, revealed earlier this week, appeared to be in its early stages. It aimed to launch coordinated attacks in European capitals, with gunmen opening fire in Britain, Germany, France and possibly elsewhere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.forbes.com
news.yahoo.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mumbai Style terror attack on the UK....or france....or germany

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This has popped up on Reuters within the last 3 hours, even though I have heard rumours on several websites in the last few says, this is the first 'official' word on the matter.

My question to you is: Is Osama (I actually nearly wrote Obama there) still alive? I was of the mind that he was killed several years ago or died after becoming ill.

Is this just another ill fated attempt into trying to instill fear in people? I don't know about France or Germany, but here n the UK no-one is in fear over these planned terror attacks. I don't know if that is because we are sick of the 'threats' and don't see them as credible anymore, if we are dumb, or if we just don't believe what we are being told anymore?

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just a snippet fro mthe alternative source:

The group controls the area in north-western Pakistan where intelligence officials suspect Osama bin Laden may be hiding.
American officials declined to comment on specific plots in Europe or elsewhere but acknowledged that targeted drone strikes in Pakistan were meant to disrupt militant networks planning attacks.

All I see here is a loose association at best. They are using him as a figure head for the so called 'Terrorist' party. Even if they do honestly think he is alive, which I doubt, implicating him every major terroist plan just becuase he is believed to be hiding in North Eastern Pakistan, an area or land which is very substantial, seems desperate.

Then of course they deny to discuss the plots themselves or how they discovered them in the first place. One guess is that they planned the attacks alongside Osama over tea and biscuits.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't believe Bin Laden is still alive. I find it odd how a man in his position who has seen wealth beyond our comprehension sends out audiotapes of only his supposed voice. Know one he knows has a camcorder? He supposedly ran an empire in Afghanistan and he has no High Def?

I wonder what the benefits of using audiotapes are if you wanted to fake someones voice? Oh yea, you don't have to fake the video also.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Old bins ghost sure gets around lately.. What with pakistan.. Now uk .. Wheres bin ghost popping up next ? Victorias secret ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I don't believe Bin Laden is still alive. I find it odd how a man in his position who has seen wealth beyond our comprehension sends out audiotapes of only his supposed voice. Know one he knows has a camcorder? He supposedly ran an empire in Afghanistan and he has no High Def?

I wonder what the benefits of using audiotapes are if you wanted to fake someones voice? Oh yea, you don't have to fake the video also.

some say he was never involved in the first place!
many claim "Bin Laden" is the name used by false-flag activists...

maybe Mossad, CIA??

some good explanations on ATS in past forums.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Osama will live longer than Hitler in the control of the Al Queda.
The work of Hitler still lives in the recollection of history.
Osama warned of 911 but can't say he did any ground work.
All we know is his constant grabbing of network time to say
bad things are coming are way
Hitler has his films.
Osama had the wire services and networks.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think the sheep are waking up to the fear card. At least I hope so. Hunger will replace fear soon and that will probably lead to anger. Why in the hell are we fighting multiple useless wars while poverty and hunger are reaching new highs?

I'd rather be killed by a 'terrorist' than enslaved by my own govt!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think it is pretty obvious that if Osama is still alive, he lives in Saudi Arabia. He was born there, all of his family money is there, the U.S. doesn’t bother anyone there, and most importantly Mecca is there. He could be living pretty comfortably in one of the Bin Laden family castle's guesthouses.

I have no idea of knowing if the tapes are authentic as they provide virtually no proof to prove to us that they are, so intend to believe that they’re fake. They probably are Osama's voice, but they are mash ups of him talking back in the 80's when the CIA was working with him and most accordingly, secretly recording him.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Some basic info on Osama and the Uk Terror Plots:

Osama Bin Laden

Is he dead or alive?

If you guys have never heard of the Conspiracy Files, it is a BBC documentary that investigates several so called conspiracies and looks at the evidence. In all fairness, they look at some pretty good evidence, what you don't always see in the news, but in my opinion towards the end of every programme they do a U-turn and go back to 'All conspiracy Theorists are Nutjobs' stance. The videos are very well done though.

As already said, there are plenty of threads about this, what I think is important to take not of is that if they have brought this elusive figurehead back to the table, are we to expect to see a lot more of him in the future? Mid-term elections? Olympics 2012? Commonwealth games?

Not to stir things up, but when searching google for information, I was suprised to see so many references of Barack Obama actually being Osama Bin Laden. I have attached a video jsut for good measure:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I used "Bin Laden" because just like the OP I about wrote Obama instead of Osama and so I figured just write Bin Laden instead so I don't do that in the future.

There is nothing that convinces me that he had anything to do with 9/11. I'm not saying he's innocent of terrorist activity but I think he is just the face of terror they like to use because we like to put a face with everything. I think he was just to convenient to pass up. Other attacks like the U.S.S. Cole were guerrilla like warfare and nothing like the mastermind that was used to plan and carry out 9/11.
History shows that America retaliates 10 times stronger than attacked (Pearl Harbor) so I don't see the advantage of attacking New York and not being prepared for the enormous retaliation that would surely follow. All one would have to do is watch a Superbowl game to see the kind of comradery and passion that is shown from just a pigskin being thrown and fought over and then associate that with how Americans are going to act when you attack U.S. cities. Gung ho.

What kind of military tactic is it to attack a weaponized, to the teeth, country on their own soil and then pray they don't figure out who did it? The real tactic however was to do just that and make the people believe someone else did it. Someone like Osama Bin Laden. Therefore now I believe the man is dead. Dead men tell no tales.

edit on 2-10-2010 by TheLieWeLive because: wrong word

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think you make some good points about 911. I think all one has to do is ask 'Who benefited?', and you will know that it was a Mossad Op w/ CIA help. Like you said, no one in their right mind goes up and kicks the biggest guy around square in his ass without knowing the outcome.

As far as using this persona for further psyops, I can only hope that the american sheep have woken to the fact that the only thing this guy equates to is them losing more of their rights at the hand of their govt.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
In an interesting turn of events, it seems that there is now a new Bin Laden tape, the first since March this year. The tape alledgedly discusses Pakistans flood victims and the dire effects of Global warming.

Why do I feel like im watching a stage show right now? The worlds a stage, thats what this is. I think they are going to use the Bin Laden card again soon to exploit something.

Thanks for your contributions to htis thread guys, level headed opinions, I like it. What I would ask is; if this 'Mumbai' terror plot had been in the US and Osama Bin Laden had been implicated, would this thread generate a lot more discussion!?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Some one else can do a thread on the article its self if there isn't one already, but i found it fascinating the majority of the people in the comments think he is dead.
news.yahoo.com...-container

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Calstorm, why do you find it fascinating? I thought this was the general concensus among people. Do you think he is dead? If you watch the videos they examine some pretty damming information that supports the theory.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Let's apply logic and reason to this situation.

The war against terror had been launched since 911 happened. Billions of dollars and jobs had been created since then to fight against terrorism. Even constitutionally loyal Americans were willing to sacrifice their freedoms and allowed the Homeland Patriot Act to be enacted.

That terrorism still exists only proves one thing. Utter failure on the govt as well as govts worldwide who supported the fight against terror for 10 long hi-tech years.

Or more sinisterly, terrorism is nothing more than a card to be played out upon the masses to stoke fear and regain master control over populations.

There is nothing that govts cannot do, more so with funds from the masses and the powers given, to set a direction or course of action to their liking to create a homogenous and silent sheep society, devoid of freedoms and dignity, more so in these turbulent times when many are finally awakened, espacially in Europe, to the manipulations and mistakes made by those in power, hidden or public, to stay in power.

Best the govts come clean on their positions - admit to their failure in the war against terrorism, and if found any real evidence of terror plots to charge such animals, instead of labelling anyone who protest against mismanagement of TPTB as 'terrorist' and trump up charges.

Mankind can take alot of crap. But there are limits, and so much crap can be taken till the anger boils beyond logic and reason. There are not enough bullets and WMD to kill off everyone without wiping out the entire planet.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

That terrorism still exists only proves one thing. Utter failure on the govt as well as govts worldwide who supported the fight against terror for 10 long hi-tech years.

Or more sinisterly, terrorism is nothing more than a card to be played out upon the masses to stoke fear and regain master control over populations.

Which one do you beleive? I think mainly the secons, but there would have been people in Government who thought they were doing the right thing and tried to eradicate terrorism, and failed.

You raise some interesting points, do you believe though that Osama Bin Laden had ties to this plot?

Another question to all the psoters here, has this terror plot got any attention in other parts of the world? It has been forgotten about here with 48 hours.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
With the real Osama Bin Laden dead, and the people waking up to it and refusing to be scared, they need to create new mad bogeymen. That's why they created the likes of Adam Gadahn (real name Pearlman - and a good Jewish boy to boot!), not only waved about as being the "American Al Qaida", but serves the purpose of portraying "home grown terrorism" too.
A lot of what the corporate media reports on this subject, the videos / audio tapes / postings on "Jihadi" websites etc, all seem to trace back to a single source - SITE Intelligence - run by one Rita Katz, in fact a MOSSAD fronted propaganda organisation. They punt out the stories and the corporate media do their part in getting the message out. Of course, none of what they usually say can be confirmed, we just have to believe them!

Without an enemy, constant war will cease and more importantly, so will the bankers' control of such events and the ensuing debt - which they control. If peace broke out all over, just think of the job losses and again, more importantly, the effect on some stock portfolios. So, best to keep the wars going, prolong the carnage for as long as possible to make a few more $/£Millions before the scam is realised.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

When i read the 911 timeline. There was a file there that explained how CIA wanted to stage different terror plots in Europe to get the European policy makers to support their future plans in the middle east. Personally i think that agenda is still active now more than ever, since Israel and the US have a grudge with Iran and want more players on their team.

I think this Bin Laden plot is a false flag.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Well activity i nEurope has definitely been increasing. Over the summer we had the explosions in Russia, there seems to be a low hum of activity in Northern Ireland again, the Eiffel Tower has been evacuated twice and UK and Germany are now reported targets, with our terror level being increased.

If they were planning a false flag, why this show of the US disrupting the attacks and 'saving' the day. Good cop Bad cop?

I believe there are different factions at work here, and sooner than later one will trump the other and there will be a serious International Incident.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join