It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by myselftokeep

Thats an interesting theory and makes some sense to me.
If "Bigfoot" are able to sense humans from a distanace perhaps they quickly climb a large tree and people from the ground would be unable to see them.

Cheers
edit on 8-3-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Today i went to Plattsburgh to return some things to the store. Its about a 40 mile drive from where i live in the Adirondack Mountains in NY.I usually dont drive through the area where i saw the BF, but i did today on my way back home.

I noticed something, I really hadnt before. I had always looked where the BF had gone, not where I would assume it came from. Today i looked. A gully. Then it hit me, thats how it moves undetected.

so I pulled up google maps.

close up of where it crossed:

you can see a clup of trees in the middle. You can make out the gully on the south(bottom) side. You can see the gully continue upwards. There is a little creek in there.

When i saw this i gasped. This shows that there is a lot of land there for it to roam. Its a pretty rural area for the most part. kind of like a developing suburb at this point.

the blue line is where it crossed.

and then this shows roughly how the lay of the land is. Via that gully the bf could cross one major route, and one glorified driveway to bridge two large land areas.

there is a gas station up the road a little bit, so i stopped. i asked the guy working the counter if he had ever seen anything odd. he said no. So then i came right out and asked if he had seen a bigfoot. told him my story, he said he didnt know, and i left. there must be someone local who has seen it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Set up a game cam in the gully and maybe you will get lucky.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by myselftokeep

Its pretty far from my house, and I dont know anyone that lives there. Im going to try and figure something out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by SLAYER69

This is still Big mystery with many sightings per year. yet there isn't many proof to prove it ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yourtweeter

Well until they shot and killed one many thought the Mountain gorilla and or Panda were myths...
So could this be simply a as of yet unidentified creature?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Some new proof has to be left behind sometime ?? Unless its impossible to find any left !!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well it's not just in North America but Russia, China India even down-under. There are too many sightings for it all to be mass hallucination IMHO.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im ambivalent about proving its existence. We have all seen the movie where some novel creature is tested and then dissected. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and i dont want to see the thing hurt. i think it would be worse than killing a human to see it shot. The thing is trying to remain outside our awareness. It might be aware of something about us, we are not aware of.

I have camped my whole life in the Adirondacks and never felt or heard anything in the woods. Then i see it while in the car. just weird.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Too many sightings yet little proof you say ?? .. Somebody better get major proof about this sooner then later. What about people researching this ??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Unfortunately unless someone captures one the only other way to prove it is real is to kill one
either from a hunter shooting it or it getting hit on a road by a car or truck and bring the body to scientists. Only then will people believe even then though I'm sure there will people who think it's still a hoax.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

To prove Hoax or not you still need body or some sort of proof, But there isn't any yet ?? This means any real research has been done yet ?!?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Admittedly only circumstantial evidence has been found thus far, Foot prints, Unknown hair samples and low quality video and picture evidence and now the big focus is on foot prints with dermal ridges etc also attempting to extract DNA out of supposed hair, feces and tissue samples etc.

Stay tuned, nothing is impossible IMHO.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well, they better do some real investigations then some sit-com tv shows. Its about time to get real facts !!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Well I appreciate the thread interest and opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There are actual researchers out there. But many of them will tell you that it's hard, or darn near impossible, to get funding for this.

"Crackpots". "Delusional". "WildGoose Chase". Just some of the terms of endearment used to describe people looking to prove the existance of Sasquatch.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm willing to bend my way around rational, proven reality to accept theories if they seem to make sense and fill in gaps without completely denying existence as we know it. I believe these creatures exist, but I came to some thoughts about them years ago.

My main theory, and again this requires a measurable amount of "quasi-faith", is that these creatures are multi-dimensional. I've had my experiences in my life that lead me to believe there are concurrent multiple dimensions, layers of existence. What if these creatures don't spend all of their life in our plane of existence? What if these sightings are of actually instances where these creatures have "bled through" the barrier between their reality and our own? We never find bodies. They quickly disappear. We may find evidence of their involvement in an event: throwing of rocks/branches, broken trees, foot prints, smells, etc. But we, like nearly every skeptical argument, have yet to hold scientific, physical evidence of these things. How? Why?

Writing this off as hokey is the same, to me, as writing off Bigfoot as hokey in general. We have no way to prove there exist or do not exist this species of creature. Therefore, we have no way to prove or disprove that my theory is anymore right or wrong than the next.

Bottom line is that we all take to these stories, these myths, these fables, that are handed down by families and friends for generations. Why do we? They're entertaining. They interest us. Let it be what it is. If someone believes the stories or maybe believes they have sighted one of these insanely elusive creatures with their own eyes, let them. They aren't hurting anyone. Sure, they can't prove that they really saw what they say they did. But you can't prove that they didn't.

Its all about accepting each other and what we all believe. That's what makes us all different.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysinn

No bodies is easily explained. Natures little cleaning crew. Coyotes, Bugs, any number of other creatures will soon dispose of any remains.

The "interdemensional" aspect is a little more suspect, IMHO... But given that my encounter had a profound "scared the crap outta me" effect...who knows?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by jaysinn

No bodies is easily explained. Natures little cleaning crew. Coyotes, Bugs, any number of other creatures will soon dispose of any remains.

Yes its easy to explain, just like you said natures cleaning crew.
Also there has never been a recorded case of a grizzly bear carcass being found in the wild as well.

Several years ago I was on a MTB ride in a fairly remote river canyon nearby, and we came across the carcass of a horse that had been injured on the trail and had to be put down.
We rode this trail a couple of times a week, and within 4 days the carcass had been sectioned up and dragged around, 50 yards in the case of one piece and within 10 days was completly gone. Ive also recently learned that skunks are notorious bone eaters and will devour any bone they find.

edit on 10-3-2011 by punkinworks10 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Who's to say the government hasn't captured one? They never tell us anything so why would they disclose Bigfoot? I thank you for this thread cuz I need a distraction from this day.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join