It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you encountered weird "people" appearing out of nowhere and/or disappearing into thin air?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
On the thread www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread615275/pg1 a general question was asked about someone's experiences seeing aliens. A few members talked about these weird "people." I think we need a separate thread talking about these particular individuals.

These "people" tend to wear clothes that are not quite right. Like they are trying to imitate fashion but can't quite do it. The fabric is wrong. The style is wrong. It looks both futuristic and old fashioned. Everything in you screams that they're not normal. I was afraid to touch the guy I saw. They look perfect, too perfect.

Who ARE they? Why do they have unusual powers? What do they want? Why do they seem to know everything about you?

edit on 1-10-2010 by Waiting2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My mother said she seen one, she described it as a fairy lady.
Said she was dressed really funny, walked behind a tree and vanished.

Not a wooded type place, just a tree on a lawn.

Just asked my mom about it, she said she was wearing something that looked like a costume, or play clothes.
They were orange, and blue or green.

edit on 1-10-2010 by dementedtheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Waiting2

I have encountered at least 2 men that fit that description. Once I was with some friends at the beach almost 20 years ago, he approached us and started telling us that we needed to be baptized in the river Jordan to be saved. One of my friends told him we already believe in Jesus and we kept walking. Me and her swear we heard him say 'see you in hell' as we left and when we turned around to look at him, he was gone. He looked like a normal caucasian male though. Nothing unusual about his appearance.

At another time when I was even younger I saw a man with reddish hair, wearing a crown and a black robe and the sight was so strange I couldn't speak or break the stare. When I finally managed to I asked the others if they could see him and when they looked there was no one there.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
These "people" seem to disappear after they make contact with you. I want to know why they have the need to make contact in the first place. What is their motive? Are they from the future? Are they alien? Do they have a negative purpose or a positive one? Who ARE they? And how can they disappear so fast?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is it bad that I actually like to wear weird clothes and talk to people before going somewhere quickly out of sight just to freak them out?

I mean, there are plenty of weird people in the world. It doesn't make them aliens.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Is it bad that I actually like to wear weird clothes and talk to people before going somewhere quickly out of sight just to freak them out?

I mean, there are plenty of weird people in the world. It doesn't make them aliens.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about people who disappear right in front of your eyes.

I never said aliens. I did say "people" because I'm not sure who they are.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have also experienced this, at least once that I can clearly recall. The man demonstrated supernatural abilities, as if to try and prove something, like popping out of thin air wasn't enough to scare the crap out of me. He said something to the effect "we need to talk", but in truth at that point I was way to freaked out to talk, it happened on a busy street and he had stepped onto the sidewalk out of thin air only moments after making a part fall off my brand new bike to which he had done to stop me walking, or presumably. I put the piece back on my bike with shaking hands and he just "made" the piece fall off again by what I assume was sheer will, second time I picked it up but was way too freaked out to put it back on. At that point he said in a calm voice "see this is real, otherwise how could I do that?" he pointed to the bike, and then continued speaking in a calm but authoritative voice "we need to talk." He looked like a normal person with the exception that his clothes look present day but yet he looked out of place and oddly surreal but I can't say why. I didn't know if he was human, alien, demonic, all I knew was this was impossible and shouldn't be happening in broad daylight, on a busy street of large downtown city and it was freaking me out badly. I remember telling the man something to the effect "No I am leaving I don't want to talk to you, I am going now!" to which he said something to the general effect "you can walk away but we are not done talking" he said more but I was moving away and was too scared to listen. I turned to see if he was following me, and again, I watched him step off the curb, onto the road and disappear into thin air, as if there was an invisible door there. Just like how he appeared. Many years later I still don't know what to make of the experience but had an impulse to good key words and on this and see if other had such experiences.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have encountered a female in down town Lima Peru while visiting but there is more in Peru than the eye can see there is another race present.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Interesting.What unusual powers are you referring to?s+f
Edit
h the appearing+disappearing.Yes that would be unusual.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smkngnz

This is interesting.I would have talked to it,no matter how freaked out-i can't imagine not.And then sussed out from what it said,if I should carry on listening or walk away.
Not bashing you for not listening,please don't think that.I just know myself-i would've driven myself doolally for my remaining time here if I did'nt at least listen to the first "paragraph" of what he wanted to say,I am like that.
But I would'nt have left a public place and gone somewhere isolated for the talk.He would've just had to spit it out right there+then,no funny bizniz.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by castillo80

Hi there castillo80,I found it fascinating,what you posted.Peru is a mysterious place,I have'nt been there,but to me that came across clearly enough through watching doccies.One of those places I would love to visit,if I am ever in a position to be able to travel.Was the encounter you had just weird,or threatening/positive? Your post made me feel Really curious,it keeps popping into my mind

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why do they have unusual powers?

What unusual powers do they have?

These "people" seem to disappear after they make contact with you. I want to know why they have the need to make contact in the first place. What is their motive? Are they from the future? Are they alien? Do they have a negative purpose or a positive one? Who ARE they? And how can they disappear so fast?

Care to explain?

Disappear so fast? examples?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm talking about people who disappear right in front of your eyes. I never said aliens. I did say "people" because I'm not sure who they are.

How have you concluded they are real people or aliens or what ever your asking?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

omg - yes - it's happened to me twice.

One was not a person I don't think. I don't know what "it" was or whatever. I was leaving my office job, walking with a sea of people through the lobby area to head out the door (downtown city) to walk over to my parking garage. Walking fast, deep in my own thoughts, whatever.

Suddenly, a person-like being was calling to me, and I thought it was a homeless person (as there are some panhandlers and homeless type downtown around this major building, and sometimes they might come in to the common area).

This person was the tallest person I've ever seen in real life. Very tall. Very thin. If I had to guess, I'd say 8 foot tall. Covered in weird clothing combo, way too warm for the weather. Again, so fast, I thought it was just a homeless person wearing all of their clothes at one time (which I've seen).

I mumbled something about not having any cash or whatever, and kept walking, but suddenly it was like time slowed. This person was saying something beautiful to me and handing me the most incredible orange/red rose, a color so beautiful I was mesmorized. I want you to have this and I want you to be happy, the person said. I could not tell if it was a "man" or "woman" by the voice or appearance.

I said, I don't have any money on me, I can't give you money. I tried to look at his or her face, and this is the part that was so strange. I swear to god that person looked like a bird, not a person. Hood, hat, sunglasses, and nothing that looked like a person's face -- it looked like a real "beak" - large, and a rounded head -- like an eagle or hawk's head. No "jawline" --

Voice was odd too, strange.

I was so taken aback trying to process the tall, hidden bird being, I said thank you and hurried away, thinking "what was that and what was that all about?" -- and I turned around and they weren't there. But I had the flower. I took it home and it stayed alive for the longest time in water. I looked at it every day, wondering what had happened that day.

Earlier that day, a small bird (or young bird?) was either dazed or hurt or something, on the sidewalk as I walked to work from my car. I moved it from the sidewalk to right next to the building so no one would step on it. I stayed and wondered what to do, I didn't know if I should come back to the spot with a box and take the bird home, or leave it there. I agonized for about 10 minutes, and folks walking by ignored me.

Eventually I left and left the bird there, and the rest of the way to my office the sidewalk had white feathers. I mean, every couple steps there were feathers on the ground, all the way up one street, cross it, and up the other. I was amazed and did not understand where the feathers had come from. And when I left work that day, the "bird" person showed up with a rose.

Strange day.

The other episode was more of a "ghost" person that I think was one of those "repetitive" images that occur over and over. Looked like a man from the 1800s, crazed look in his eye, barreling toward me after dusk, as I walked back to a cottage I was staying at in a chataqua area. It frightened me, I said, "you startled me," but the man never looked at me, and kept hurrying by and I turned around, he wasn't there. I saw him charging at me again a block or to later, as if he had looped around and came toward me at the exact same angle. I thought he was real at the time and was afraid to enter my cottage alone as I had no neighbors nearby and the street was empty and dark. I went to my car and he was charging toward me again. I got in, locked the door, looked outside, in my mirrors, he was gone. I started the car and moved slowly, he was no where. I went around a couple blocks, and shaking, came back and ran into my cottage. But I assume now that this was a ghost in a loop.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was driving near where I had a business back in the mid '80's, and I came up to a stop sign and saw 3 guys walking, they were wearing sack cloth robes with the hoods down, and all three had long hair and beards like they hadn't bathed or shaved in months, they also had long walking sticks..

These guys were staring at me while they continued to walk and I finally drove away, but about 20 seconds down the road I turned around and went back fast to where they were, but they were gone. There was nowhere they could have gone, but they were definitely gone.. It made me think they were transported temporarily into some time bubble for a glimpse into the future.. I wish I would have tried to talk to them..

I always think back to this event because there isn't really any normal explanation for it..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was walking to school when I was younger and a old lady stopped me in the street, and said (quoted) "have you seen the lights? watch the lights". I didn't really say anything, I sort of avoided her and walked on. I looked back and she wasn't behind me, but I walked on a while before looking back so she could have turnt away.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ya I went through a weird mental attack and demented sleep patterns then my perspective of existence changed. I noticed a few times people disappear during a weird time where I think someone did something to my vision too. I turned and noticed a guy walking behind me and when I noticed it looked like he was reaching for me turned around and he was gone. Then a while later in the exact same location I seen a talk guy walking and he just vanished. Then I seen a couple girls in the mall become totally flat like 2 dimensional beings. Seen another guy walking towards me then suddenly he changed into a totally different person in different clothes. There was also a few situations where addresses on houses and buildings totally changed when I looked at them. Seen a woman that looked beautiful suddenly change to less than before.

The best I could rationalize at the time was something either is using technology to affect my vision as I stopped having these persistant hallucinations of a scarab beetle or this reality isn't even real, or there were parallel worlds and something was switching people around or someone is messing with time travel, freezing time doing stuff to people then moving on with as if nothing happened. After what's happened to my life and realising things it seems most likely humanity has proceeded in the future to being as scum bags with technology to manipulate reality and using it violate certain lives for stories and amusement.

None of the seeing weird effects stuff like vanishing people happens anymore or other weird hallucinations though which seems kind of depressing as it was basically like a being confirming to me that something is infact destroying certain lives and whoring them out for stories with some high tech stuff.

I'm talking mostly about the lives of certain people from british Columbia given certain identities at birth that are a part of the design of the languages. Like Chris B, Erin Z and Leah. It's not funny as there is truly a being scripting reality for certain people based on names, numbers, addresses, birthdates and stuff. Like in this story there are subtle coincidences between my life and erins life but not that many where guided to relationships with people that have names of Christ, left LAT defiled, names being a part of the design of the language and certain symbols like a heart, the number pattern between time and birthdates. I even have a symbol of her name integrated into the design of my right palm prints! These people setup a bunch of stupid crap on this world that isn't even interesting to distract from whoring out these certain lives for stories. Something is manipulating humanity and has some demented technology and its not kind.

Like I'd rather have known her and realised all this with her and wondered wtf it all means but instead I get some stupid parallel story about this stupid family and 007/87 crap about England/English and having life stuck with "mother". I swear even the names of San Fransico and San Jose have certain names and positioned where they are for demented reasons once you realise all this stuff.

Something with technology is trashing certain lives and the people vanishing and stuff I swear has something to do with time travellers or invisible people and mind control.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is a strange video from Russia. Sorry if it will not embed properly.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of something that happened to me that is very ATS-worthy, but that I rarely think or talk about. Truly one of the most frightening moments in my life. I don’t think I have told more than one or two people outside of those who witnessed it, and I honestly think it may be because I don’t want to be labeled as crazy.

I was in the Army and it was a boring week of classes inside of a hot and humid building on a warm summer day. This was at a base in the southern US, approximately 10 years ago…actually it was almost certainly 2003, because I remember some of the people at the time. Lunch choices were MREs at the building, or if we could be fast enough we could race across post and get something from a restaurant. A friend who was the driver of a HMMWV suggested we grab the MREs and then take off for a leisurely drive during lunch, at least to cool off in the moving vehicle. Four of us did just that.

On board the vehicle was some kind of camera system that I want to say was experimental for some reason, but it basically looked like a ruggedized police cruiser dash camera. I believe it was on and recording constantly when the vehicle was in motion, but I can’t be sure I remember that correctly. I did not get a good look at it and did not find it too interesting.

There was a small monitor for playback of the video in the vehicle, but as I recall it had a tape or a disc or something that would usually be removed in order to view the images full-size on a larger screen somewhere, for instance to examine evidence after a crash.

On with the narrative…

We drove around some barriers and into an abandoned housing area of the base. The paved roads were starting to be overtaken by trees on each side and grass down the middle. I checked online satellite images just now out of curiosity, and it appears the area still looks just like it did back then. There were very few buildings remaining and it did not look like the area was traveled much.

We were driving down a very broken-up paved road when we saw what was clearly a black box on the side of the road. I don’t think any of us thought it was a big deal, so we did not look closely. I would say it appeared to be roughly 10 inches square, was dirty as if it had been there a while, and appeared to be matte metal or plastic. I don’t remember seeing any holes, handles, or anything on it. I only saw it for a second or two, and I did not think it was important, so I really cannot be sure.

One guy in the truck didn’t see the box, and when someone else made a comment that it could be some kind of unexploded ordnance (we were not EOD, so we were not experts), he got agitated and suggested we go back for a look just in case it was something dangerous that should be reported. The driver turned around and we went back, but the box was not where we had remembered it. The time between the first sighting of the box and our drive back down was about 30 seconds, and there were no trees near the place where we saw the box, so we couldn’t figure out how it just seemed to disappear. There was no way a person could have grabbed the box and ran away in that time, and the treeline was too far from the box for them to seek cover. I think we were all starting to get nervous at that moment. But we had no idea what was about to happen.

The driver knew how to operate the video system and review the tape, so he suggested we do that. We thought that was a good idea. He rewound the video to a random spot, which brought us back about 5 minutes. The monitor was tiny but we were all watching and wanted to see if the box was a figment of our imaginations or something. I don’t think we ever expected to see what we saw. When the video came to the part where the box should have been on the side of the road (wow, I am actually literally getting goosebumps just typing this and thinking of the incident!), there was no box. Instead there was a really weird image of a soldier standing there, in our modern woodland camo BDU, with minimal load bearing equipment, staring at the vehicle as it drove by. The soldier was not a solid form, it was like a mirage or something, you could see him (it was a male) but could see right through him. The box was not there at all. We were sitting about 50 feet beyond that spot where we were viewing this, and I swear my entire body just went into this scared stiff mode that was just unreal. I was an experienced law enforcement officer and soldier myself, and I was probably as frightened at that moment as I ever was during a life-threatening man-made situation. I remember that we all went silent. Someone finally said, let’s not turn around, let’s get the “F” out of here, and we did as fast as we could.

We never told anyone about that incident, and frankly for some reason we never spoke about it again. To this day I have no idea what we saw. I suspect we accidentally came upon some sort of invisibility cloak testing or something along those lines. I believe that the box was what we were “supposed” to see, but whomever was out there was taken by surprise by our sudden arrival on the road, and realized that the box needed to disappear so we would not get curious.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey guys and girls. When I was living in New Zealand, I experienced similar occurrence.
I was in the passenger seat with an older farther figure driving. It was about 4 in the afternoon, nice summer day. We had just left our bush retreat,(a real secluded bush section with a hut) and were heading down a country road that we had traveled down many times before, never seeing another person and in a period of say 6 months we would be lucky to pass 5 or so cars.

So we were driving along a straight, with visibility of at least 2-3 kms. Quite often we would stop and shoot bunnies so I was ALWAYS scanning over the passenger wheel down the road and into paddocks, (remember we drive right hand side of the vehicle and left hand side of the road).

Now I saw no bunnies but all of a sudden a man 'appeared' about 100feet in front of us on the shoulder. He was dressed like you all described, in fact I can remember it exactly, Suit, like an elderly gentleman, tweed jacket and pants, all dark. He had a walking stick and briefcase. Now we are literally HOURS away from any other road/house/ANYTHING!.
I turned to my friend and asked if he saw the man and he said yes, I remember saying that we should turn around because for some reason I figured that he may have Alzheimers and be lost, I remember telling this to my friend as he turned the vechicle around. We drove past the point that we saw the man and he was gone, We got out of the 4wd and searched for at least 30 mins but still couldnt find him. Now there was NOTHING for anybody to hide behind, no bushes, no grass, NOTHING, just open soil paddocks and a road, I think I even checked under the vehicle (I like to leave no possibility).

We were stumped, and I can admit that we were both under the influence of marijuana, having smoked about half an hour before this occurrence. I asked my friend to describe the man the bast he could and his description was EXACTLY the same as mine. I told him my description and we both were stumped, kind of freaked. The part were I started to experience fear was when we both realized that something extraordinary happened and I turned to look at my friend and I can never express the emotion that was shared between our gazes, it is something that chills me, even today. (this was at least 5 years ago). When we met eyes it was kind of like we both KNEW that it was real. That is the scary part.

About a few days later, My friend told me of the time when he was on a small fishing boat ( a crew of 5), and he was deep out at sea on night and he experienced a UFO light beam. We never talked before about fringe subjects or even reality/spirituality. Our conversations were usually typical straight guy/old school hard worker type of conversations.
I never knew that he would talk about things that cant be proved real. Well after our old man occurrence, he told me about the UFO and that he had the same feeling both times. Still to this day I don't know what to make of it.

I believe in synchronicity, so maybe because we were both 'High' our brains were experience what I call a 'collective hallucination"? Any thoughts on this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join