It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cumbrian dog walker captures unexplained object on camera

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Cumbrian dog walker captures unexplained object on camera

Mr Regan said he carefully checked the footage and concluded the unidentified object was a “solid entity” with a shiny, light upper surface and darker underside. He said: “The speed is impressive too and I would estimate the altitude of the object to be something around less than 100ft,” he said. “I believe that we can discount popular sceptical claims for things like camera error, mainly because the UFO takes on a solid obese, saucer-shaped outline and appears to bank over when travelling from right to left in Bob’s film.

Here's a "UFO" sighting from my home county, thought I would add it, why not huh. Personally I think its a bug flying past, but according to the eyewitness......well just read the above quote.

Object appears at 3 seconds and if you blink YOU WILL miss it

Enjoy.

Source

edit on 1/10/10 by woogleuk because: forgot the source link, lol

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You forgot the link.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Woogleuk.....

if you blink YOU WILL miss it

I must have blinked.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Um just sayen

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks exactly like a bug to me.

Video here.

Mr Regan said he carefully checked the footage and concluded the unidentified object was a “solid entity” with a shiny, light upper surface and darker underside.

He said: “The speed is impressive too and I would estimate the altitude of the object to be something around less than 100ft,” he said.
(link in OP)

-FACEPALM! & the suspiciously bug shaped UFO-

edit on 1-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Woogleuk.....

if you blink YOU WILL miss it

I must have blinked.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

sorry, still getting used to this new layout, lol. I'll do better next time

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Its cool we all been there before. I seen it though hard too see or identify..
2nd

edit on 10/1/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Cheers for posting the vid, I thought bug at first, but decided to post the article, because you never know.....someone might see aliens here, hehe.

Seriously though, there could be something to it, I shall let the professionals on here decide.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Woogleuk.....

Personally I think its a bug flying past

"Personally I think its a bug flying past".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cheers for posting the vid

It's cool, I just thought it would be a bit easier.

Seriously though, there could be something to it, I shall let the professionals on here decide.

Could be, I mean I doubt it but yer never know.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Looks like a bug just zipping by to me as well. You weren't kidding about blinking. I missed it the first time.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Oi, leave me alone, at least i'm trying
lol. Do you realise how boring the skies are up here in Cumbria? It's the lake district, we have lakes, fells, corn fields, UFO's love these things, so where in the blue blazes are they?

The most interesting thing in our skies at the moment is [i think] Jupiter, which is shining bright to the east (closet pass to Earth at the moment, i think).

I know Cumbria's lead Ufologist personally and I think even she is giving up hope, whatever happened to the Carlisle spaceman huh.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As usual in such cases, nothing was seen at the time and the video appears to show a small object flying past close to the camera.

But I for one welcome our midge overlords ......

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Personally I think its a bug flying past

"Personally I think its a bug flying past".

I think he's talking about the dust devil. There's a little shadow of something that pops up from the dirt, then fades away. Dust devil.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I re watched it a couple of times and don't see a dust devil. Where are you seeing it?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hmm if the video taker is talking about that black dot that pops up from right to left in a couple of frames I dont know, could be anything in my opinion.

Given how jerky and stuttering the footage is, id say the camera he used was not a very good one and it could be anything really. Throw something or have something fly past fast enough to be more than the FPS of the camera and it'll jump around 'super fast' also since the camera cant catch enough frames of it to get a good recognizable sense of motion. Either that or the cameras footage has been compressed to a point where its jerky in which case id be suspecting a deliberate hoax... ie capture some bird flying footage, cut out a heap of frames but keep the play back time the same and id think you'd get something similar.

From what I can see on one of the frames id say its either a bug close by (not enough blur really, but give the footage's jerkiness the camera might be set up for high speed single frame image capture) or a bird that swooped in low 20 foot or so from his position. Now if the filmer was looking at what the camera was seeing in the view finder at that point then he'd see what the camera caught so by the time he'd look up the 'object' would be well gone. Which si one reason that if your gonna film something learn to do it without looking at the view finder.

Personally im not impressed... one thing i do notice is there's a black dot like object in the upper middle of the frame bellow the cloud layer, it could be any thing really. So no point in speculating.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Woogleuk.....

Oi, leave me alone, at least i'm trying
lol.

G'day me ol' mate woogle!

Do you realise how boring the skies are up here in Cumbria?

Well let me think.....clouds, stars, planes, satellites, lightning, birds.....lots of stuff to see!

It's the lake district, we have lakes, fells, corn fields

It sounds really nice.....

UFO's love these things

Me too!

so where in the blue blazes are they?

Dunno.....

The most interesting thing in our skies at the moment is [i think] Jupiter, which is shining bright to the east (closet pass to Earth at the moment, i think).

No.....I think that's a UFO.....haven't you been reading the threads?

I know Cumbria's lead Ufologist personally and I think even she is giving up hope

Oh.....that's no good.....

whatever happened to the Carlisle spaceman huh.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Here’s the little fella again…..

The Cumbrian Spaceman

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72fb7d05be43.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 1-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here you go chaps and chapettes, got the only 2 frames i could get from the youtube vid and blew them up, still none the wiser, and still going for bug.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/458e0b88d4ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
whatever happened to the Carlisle spaceman huh.

He emigrated to Australia to watch some missile tests. Although there was a sighting of him in picturesque Cornwall.

A driver came across him in the middle of a road at night. Apparently, he was 9 foot tall and his head was nodding back and forth extremely rapidly!

I've scoured the internet for something on that sighting but I have been disappointed.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

HAHA! Your in a funny spirit tonight Maybe
Cheers for posting the CS! I think thats just a 1970's stig on the prowl up here in old Cumberland!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join