It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger signs California marijuana decriminalization bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
You can' t possibly tell me that someone who is stoned can make quick and focused decisions better than someone who is straight. If you can, then it'll be obvoius that you're stoned at this monute.

Why the rush?

Brilliant thoughts take time to develop.

I'll agree that people tend to get slowed down, but ... is that really a bad thing? The mind is operating at different wavelengths, and doesn't blast off with chaotic beta waves like most people do when awake.

It seems you have a high priority for being quick. That's okay. Other people aren't as interested. I'm incredibly quick naturally, and at certain times am only slowed down to being a little faster than most. No problem here! As for the focus aspect, I really must disagree here. It seems that certain substances affect people differently. I tend to hyperfocus much better under certain conditions. It's just that may look to be dumbfounded, but really I'm creating. This would only be a problem if my natural function wasn't creativity. Thankfully, this isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, I hope anyone who is against MJ doesn't smoke cigs or drinks alcohol,
You'd be the pot calling the kettle black ( no pun there)
MJ is no worse for anyone than the rest of the drugs that are profitable by the IRS

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice

Originally posted by justadood
post by saltheart foamfollower[/url]

From my observations I can say that a student that is high in class WILL NOT achieve anything near where student that's not high. If you'll look at the school drop outs, almost 100% of them is getting high and has lost all motivation for studying. Theyv'e given up on life. Nothing productive comes from sitting around and being stoned.

Then how does one account for my high school class valedictorian being a total pot head? Or some of my best college professors?

Don't bother, they are obviously just one of the less educated on the matter of THC and it's effect on your brain.

There was actually a study done awhile back and some students actually got higher grades when consuming small amounts of marijuana before class. I'll see if I can find a link to it.

Burning pot produces toxic chemicals,Carbon Monoxide,hydrogen cyanide,etc, which interfere with functioning.
It also produces 60 other chemicals which may be beneficial.
Heating but not burning pot avoids 95% of the toxic chemicals.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

California voters have the ability to legalize marijuana in a November ballot. Legalizing marijuana will be beneficial to the state of California.

The state will be able to get more sales tax revenue through legal sales of marijuana.

The state will have an influx or new residents who will want to live in California from other states, which will give California more tax revenue (separate from sales tax revenue gained from marijuana sales).

The new residents will also bring in new businesses, since new residents who owned previous businesses in other states will bring with them those businesses. They will also create new businesses in the area.

The state will lessen the costs incurred by prisons because they will no longer have to lock away nonviolent offenders who are in prison because of marijuana. The state spends an average of $40,000 a year for each person in prison. This means less money spent on locking people up, and more money spent on things like education.

The police can spend more time on going after real criminals like “rapists and murderers” instead of wasting time on marijuana smokers.

Families will not be broken apart when one of their family members goes to prison for smoking marijuana. This will cause a decrease in the welfare system since instead of being in prison a person can be holding a job and supporting their family while still being able to smoke marijuana.

Street violence will go down because marijuana prices will go down. This will be caused by regulated companies being able to compete with each other to bring marijuana to the people. When is the last time you ever saw gang members fighting for “legal cigarettes.”

Since smoking marijuana will not be illegal if this ballot passes, fewer people will have to check “have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor box on an application. This will be beneficial to the economy because more people will be able to get a job instead of depending on the welfare system.

The new regulated marijuana industry will by itself create more new jobs.

More people will be able to go to college because they will not have any record of drug charges for being caught smoking marijuana as a youth. This really messes up their life and ability to apply for student financial aid in college.

Legalizing marijuana does not mean that you have to legalize harder drugs like coc aine or heroine. Maybe Californians could legalize “shrooms” or “hashish” like they do in Amsterdam.

Anyway legalizing marijuana sounds like a good idea. Lower taxes, more revenue, more job growth, less welfare, less crime, less nonviolent people in prison. And no, legalizing marijuana is not a slippery slope into legalizing harder drugs.

I encourage you to tell your relatives in California to get up and vote on the November ballot and legalize marijuana.

I wonder if you could ever get a similar “voter initiative” put on the ballot in your state.

Don’t forget to check out my blog at [SNIP].

Mod Edit:

4) No Endorsement of User Content.
19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN.

Terms and Conditions

edit on 6-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Snipped link to personal blog.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
may not be against STATE law to posess it, but its still a FEDERAL LAW that you cant, guess who who overrules WHOM

Itys like the gun laws here in NC, its not against state law for a felon to have a firearm, but its against FEDERAL LAW for a felon to own one, so guess whats gonna happen if youre a felon caught with a gun in NC?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It is against federal law to possess medical marijuana, but you never hear about someone in Cali, Colorado, Oregon,ect.. facing federal charges for simply possession of medical marijuana. The same will apply if full legalization happens, the Feds are not going to waste court time and money for simple possession charges, however I do think it will get interesting when the raid big grow operations. It all comes down to State rights vs Federal law. In accordance to the Constitution the Feds have to right make enforce many of the laws on the books and believe it or not the people are the United States are waking up to that fact.
edit on 6-10-2010 by jrod because: typOs

edit on 6-10-2010 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's exactly right, jrod, and once the States, which will have to grow the marijuana, find out how much revenue in real dollars they can make, all States will join in. The enemies of medical marijuana are Big Pharm, for they want you to take a pill, not smoke a joint, they will lose out. And further, if the plant itself, hemp, is fully exploited to it's full potential, hemp could replace all things plastic, like grocery bags and disposable diapers, not to mention how hard the Lumber Industry will fight this, once it is discover you can use hemp for a great many things other than rope.
Hemp products plants would put a lot of American back to work, and the manufacture of Solar Panels would put to work a great deal more.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

buddy the whole time ur arguing in a thread on the interenet ur doing nothing! sounds like u need to smoke one and relax and chill..rather then gettin ur blood pressure up on peoples OPINIONS that there alowed to have..and we have the right to freedom of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness if an adult who is 18 can go to war and kill someone he should be alowed to chose if a joint is a part of his pursuit of happiness!

remember ur doing nothing while ur on the internet same as if u were watchin the news and smokin a j!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by simpletruths10

I'm all for the legalization of all drugs.

It would tear the financial heart out of most criminal enterprises.

Also, drugs are now readily available for anyone who wants them. The only thing that this prohibition does is keep the price high.

Legalize drugs and spend some of the money on free drug rehab programs. Once again, I do not support drug use, I just want to take the criminal element out of recreational drug use and provide free help for those that need it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Lets just settle all of this.

If you are against cannabis, read some facts and stop believing the propaganda.

If you are for it, congratulations, welcome to the legalization of cannabis, dont worry about the anti-prop 19 crowd... they cant win this year..

And if you are America, REJOICE. Welcome to some much needed $ through new products, taxes, tourism, etc.

Thank you Arnold, you are a legend already.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

If that's true and it passes, I'm moving.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Yes. People need to split their internet activism (not to be confused with real activism) and real life better. A lot of people need to just chill and smoke a blunt. To those of you who haven't ever tried it, what are you afraid of? Its just a bunch of dinosaur propaganda and totalitarian behavior. Let us smoke down in peace

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
SNAP!

I always forget about this board!

I am so toked--er stoked about this! Though I don't really understand. Consindering prop 19 and all...Oh wait! I know! Since this is always about the $$ a little brainstorming is all I need!

1) Under age? Well now you can spend money on the green (after p19) and if you get caught, only a ticket!

What does this do? Well it increases the money the gubment gets two fold!

1) They get the money from the pot buyer
2) They get more money from the ticket

And that brings us back to SNAP! (As in the sound of that kids wallet closing tight!)

Meh, I am still for 19 (got a minute?) Though for selfish reasons only.

Hey if they can selfishly take away my liberties, I can selfishly want/get them back!

Anyway, I am off to read the whole thread so I can contribute a little better

EDIT--
Alright I have been through the thread. I guess I contributed as well as anyone else

Read above, those are my thoughts and I sticky icky to them.
edit on 10/10/2010 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Ok, Arnie did it.

I did it ages ago and got only derision.

Do you have to be 'someone' first? Obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join