It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks chief lashes out at media during debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

WikiLeaks chief lashes out at media during debate

www.breitbart.com

LONDON (AP) - WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange lashed out at the mainstream media during a debate at a London university Thursday, fighting back at a string of unfavorable stories that have appeared since his organization's publication of a cache of U.S. intelligence documents.
Assange's group has reportedly suffered infighting and the former computer hacker-turned-online whistle blower also faces allegations of sexual misconduct in Sweden, where some of the organization's infrastructure is based.

As WikiLeaks fell behind on its promised release of a new tranche of 15,000 U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I do not kow what to make of this.. I would like to think that there are some seriously powerful people pulling the puppet strings. There seems to be a bad vibe swirling around wikileaks right now.. I DO NOT MEAN in the media.. so dont shout out "Its a smear campaign".. I know there is a nasty smear campaign going on right now.. I am talking about the "inside" fighting and revolving staff. The spokesman says he quit because of Assange's obsession with the pentagon.

Its hard to tell what is bull and what is true.. Or what is an exageration and what is left out..

I guess I walked away confused after reading this...

Is it possible that assange's head blew up way to big, and has lost control of his focus?

I dont believe he assaulted those women.. He looks like a "bottom" not a "top".

So what do you think? What do you think will be the public opinion of Assange in , lets say 2 years from now?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

So what do you think? What do you think will be the public opinion of Assange in , lets say 2 years from now?

What I think is that it is in the best interests of very powerful people to destroy Wikileaks credibility in any way they can, and if they can destroy the ability of Wikileaks to come forward with any more information (by creating internal dissent) better for them.

Nothing is happening that we should be surprised at. If you are surprised, you are incredibly naive about how the powerful operate. I suggest a read of "The Prince" by Machiavelli.

www.constitution.org...

Or if you prefer a modern twist, the "48 Laws of Power" by Greene also gives good insight.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Good, I am glad to see that Wikileaks not only helps to spread useful information, but is also calling out the media for its censorship of important topics which affect us all. Glad to see stuff like this happening. Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

join