It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Summer is Turned into Winter Accross Parts of the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Now there's a debate as to weather (pun intended) "The Day After Tomorrow" was plagiarized...

Roland Emmerich on Wednesday faced charges before a court in Germany that he plagiarised key elements of his big-budget movie The Day After Tomorrow.

Read the suspiciously non-mainstream story here.

And I thought Bell & Strieber (and some space aliens) were claiming credit for the film. Or maybe they plagiarized it too?

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Outland]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outland
And I thought Bell & Strieber (and some space aliens) were claiming credit for the film. Or maybe they plagiarized it too?

hehehe, so which of your space alien friends are the ones claiming credit for the film? Because that I remember there is nothing like that stated on Bell and Strieber's book.

That first, second the German court is saying in that article that according to their laws, they don't seem to find evidence of any plagiarism. If people are now going to sue other authors of books and movie directors because there are some similarities between movies and books, we would have a lot of law suits in our hands. Imagine two different news sources, or even books reporting the same "news".....that would be unthinkable....how dare they?.....

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To keep it on topic we have these news from "Planet Ark".

Flood waters sweep Texas, damage homes, close park

DALLAS - Heavy rains over a wide swathe of central and east Texas caused rivers to overflow this week damaging hundreds of homes and forcing Six Flags Over Texas to close when water swept through parts of the amusement park.

Nine inches (23 cm) of rain in less than four hours fell on saturated ground in west central Texas, northwest of San Antonio, forcing dozens from homes near the Frio River. Flood victims searched for anything to cling to above the water line.

"We have several people out here on top of houses and in trees," said Uvette Bruce, who lives in the small town of Leakey. (Additional reporting by Jim Forsyth in San Antonio)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News

Texas' News: Local Stories

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Lower tropo global temp average: June 2004 was a cool month. I expect this to continue for awhile.
[url=http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/data/msu/t2lt/tltglhmam_5.1]>Latest satellite data

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Expect more media stories about winter arriving early in the UK later this week. Looking very cold (maxima in the Midlands only around 14c), extremely wet (up to 60mm) and in places very windy from tomorrow through to Friday across most of S England and Wales.

More like November than July!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I meant to post on this topic this morning but got busy at work - Forecast this morning for UK actually had "Very Unusual Weather" at the bottom of the 5 day forecast - never seen this before. Gale force winds to hit the south of england with up to 50mm of rainfall over wednesday and thursday.Lets hope it picks up b4 the weekend 'cos I've got some tennis and outdoor swimming to do

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
-----------Edited to begin a new thread----------

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join