It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Feds radiating Americans'? Mobile X-ray vans hit US streets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
And those boxes you metion aren't boxes. They are bags filled with coc aine stashed into the plastic interior pieces of the truck.

Actually they're heroin.
www.as-e.com...

Perhaps if you linked to the AS&E home page instead of to a Christian Science site which doesn't know the difference between radiating and irradiating,

Just to clarify, you are aware the Christian Science Monitor is a very well-respected publication, and not some wing-nutty "Christian Science site", right? This should be common knowledge to anyone who reads the news.

i certainly am no expert on radiation, and cant comment on the substance of the OP, but the article seems quite legit and to reject the info in it out-of-hand because of what would appear to be a knee-jerk reaction against the word "Christian" seems not very ignorance denying.

and considering the article even links to a local Atlanta news story that SHOWS these trucks being used, it seems odd to claim this is a 'hoax'.

www.wsbtv.com...

edit on 1-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2010 by justadood because: add link

edit on 1-10-2010 by justadood because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Perhaps if you linked to the AS&E home page instead of to a Christian Science site which doesn't know the difference between radiating and irradiating,

Just to clarify, you are aware the Christian Science Monitor is a very well-respected publication, and not some wing-nutty "Christian Science site", right? This should be common knowledge to anyone who reads the news.

This "very well-respected publication" doesn't know the difference between radiating and irradiating.
They don't get my respect when they are too lazy to bother finding out the meanings of the words they use.

i certainly am no expert on radiation, and cant comment on the substance of the OP, but the article seems quite legit and to reject the info in it out-of-hand because of what would appear to be a knee-jerk reaction against the word "Christian" seems not very ignorance denying.

It's not very ignorance-denying to base accusations on false ASSumptions. You only prove yourself an idiot that way.

and considering the article even links to a local Atlanta news story that SHOWS these trucks being used, it seems odd to claim this is a 'hoax'.

What on earth is wrong with your comprehension?

I will use short words for you.
I did not call this a hoax.
I even showed the OP the site of a firm which makes these trucks.

Do you un-der-stand yet?

edit on 2/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Red, a similar article is available in the September 27, 2010 Forbes magazine. This is not a hoax or fear mongering. American Science & Engineering has allready sold over 500 of these vans to American and foriegn governments. The New York Police Department has confirmed to Forbes that they have purchased and are using the vans.They have been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan and as the above linked article says Atlanta.

American Science & Engineering has posted their work in the trade journal Advances In X-Ray Analysis. That is actually where the picture in the CS Monitor piece comes from. If the picture was doctored it was doctored by AS&E.

In short, this is real whether you like to believe it or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Not a hoax

Click here for an explanation and video

or

Another source

It's really bad form to attack a subject with such vigor, with out first looking into it. I do understand though, the presence of these trucks tears down what most of us thought were freedoms in the USA. The real conspiracy here, is that these are the technologies that the PTB are willing to SHOW you. What do you think they have that they aren't showing you?

..Ex

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

LOL. How ANYONE could not know that the Christian Science Monitor is a GREAT publication is beyond me.

You took exception with the OP's own spin, and assumed it came from the article, without actually reading it. THEN, you attacked me for pointing this out.\\You sure ATS is the site for you?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

no wonder your elbows hurt.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It funny you posted this I had to go through one similar to this but on a larger scale.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.myfoxatlanta.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

LOL. How ANYONE could not know that the Christian Science Monitor is a GREAT publication is beyond me.

You took exception with the OP's own spin, and assumed it came from the article, without actually reading it. THEN, you attacked me for pointing this out.\You sure ATS is the site for you?

The headline claiming people were being "radiated" came straight from the article.
Americans are not being radiated by these trucks, they are being irradiated.
Therefore the author of the article did not understand his subject.
You might see that as indicative of a "great publication," but I don't.

If you don't like being attacked, don't begin attacks.
You wrongfully accused me of judging on the basis of the word Christian in the publication's name and you wrongfully accused me of labelling the report a hoax.
And now you are wrongfully accusing me of not reading the article!

edit on 2/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

so, when you mocked the very well-known publication "Christina Science Monitor" as a "Christian Science site' you werent being derisive?

The article isnt a hoax, as you so aggressively claimed. You could be a big boy and apologize to the OP, or you could keep digging the hole youve made. It's of no consequence to me.

Thanks for the link, OP! This is an interesting topic!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks again to everybody that posted. I appreciate it. I'll tell you though, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth posting any conspiracy stuff on ATS, a conspiracy site because every time you do you get torn apart by these bitter hoax/debunker monkeys. Ridiculous.

My whole point was to share the story and I posted my opinion, as is called for by the terms of the site and I got tore up!

I don't have the patience to deal with the idiocy. It's a freakin conspiracy site and you are supposed to voice your opinion, which is obviously just MY OPINION regarding the story....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

so, when you mocked the very well-known publication "Christina Science Monitor" as a "Christian Science site' you werent being derisive?

The article isnt a hoax, as you so aggressively claimed. You could be a big boy and apologize to the OP, or you could keep digging the hole youve made. It's of no consequence to me.

Just show me where I said this was a hoax and I will.

Except you can't, because I never did.
In fact, in my first post in this thread, the one in which you keep claiming I called the OP a hoax, I referred him to the site of the company which makes the vehicles being discussed.

And those boxes you metion aren't boxes. They are bags filled with coc aine stashed into the plastic interior pieces of the truck.

Actually they're heroin.
www.as-e.com...

Perhaps if you linked to the AS&E home page instead of to a Christian Science site which doesn't know the difference between radiating and irradiating, and cut out the silly reference to microwaves, people might take your OP more seriously.

You might notice, this post has never been edited.

As regards criticism of the Christian Science site ... and yes, being on the net it is a site ... it's not my fault the author can't use the English language correctly. What's wrong with me pointing that out? Why are you taking this so personally? Did you write it?

Please grow up, learn to read and reread the thread. You will see it was another poster altogether who called this a hoax.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e4adb811921.jpg[/atsimg]

As an antiterror measure, the US government has deployed mobile X-ray technology to randomly scan cars and trucks. But the measure is riling privacy proponents.

and

For many living in a terror-spooked country, it might seem like a great government innovation: Use vans equipped with mobile X-ray units to scan vehicles at major sporting events, or even randomly, for bombs or contraband.

This is absolutely and completely ridiculous in every way! I am not ok with being "microwaved" in the name of safety from terrorists! That stuff doesn't fly! You have a better shot of being hit by lightning than ever running across a terrorist. Where are all the anti-lightning measures?

Of course we know they don't exist because this technology has nothing to do with terrorists and everything to do with the government spying on the supposed free citizens of this country. What a joke.

I think it's passed time for us to do something about this. Whatever we have to actually. I wish we had the protests they have had recently in Europe here over this kind of garbage.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I wanted evryone else here to see this and to go ahead and voice their own opinion as well. But the main thing for me, is to make others aware of what's happening since you won't likely see this on the evening news.

LINK

edit on 1-10-2010 by Redwookieaz because: Trying to get pic on the page to work

edit on 1-10-2010 by Redwookieaz because: pic added

Im with you on this one buddy
what a disgrace this is,they will be every where soon.Like we dont have enough x rays in hospitals,ct scans,airports and god knows where else we are being zapped.
It really is a shame people value money over life.
because all i see is anything goverments want being done.
and what honest person would ok it?
great thread,s and f

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join