It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Hagar says women suffering from PMS should pray and read the Bible for relief

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In a recent poll 85% of american said they were for more fed dollars for stem cell research. The 15% christian-right(fascist) wing-?magority? is taking over everywhere and Bush is leading the way.

Look forward to abstainence, one-room school houses, home ec. 4 grls, horse-n-buggies(along w/ buggy whipping da females), and anti-science.

Bode

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well here's the latest with the Doctor.

Notorious Right-Wing Activist Admits Decisive Role in Bush Administration's Anti-Birth Control Policy

Hager admits to central role in FDA decision to overrule its scientific and medical panels to block women’s access to birth control

(Washington, DC) – In the wake of new reports of notorious right-wing activist David Hager’s influence over the Food and Drug Administration’s decision to block women’s over-the-counter access to the morning-after pill, NARAL Pro-Choice America is renewing its call on President Bush to remove Hager from a medical advisory panel and for FDA to make documents related to this decision public—which the agency has refused to do.
The Washington Post and The Nation report that, in an October sermon, renowned arch-conservative W. David Hager claimed credit for writing a report urging the FDA to override its scientific and medical advisory panels and block over-the-counter sales of the PLAN B morning-after pill. President Bush appointed Hager to the FDA advisory panel that reviewed the PLAN B petition. He was one of only four of the panel’s 27 members to oppose over-the-counter sales of the emergency contraceptive.

In the same speech, Hager bragged that the FDA’s rejection of the petition for over-the-counter sales of the morning-after pill marked only the second time in 50 years the FDA overruled its advisory panels.

"We'd long suspected that Hager was the driving force in the Bush Administration's decision to block easier access to the morning-after pill. Now we have proof, and it's time for him to go," said Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America. "Scientists, doctors and an overwhelming majority of Americans support giving women, especially survivors of sexual assault, access to the morning-after pill to prevent unintended pregnancies. But that’s not good enough. The FDA should approve over-the-counter access to the morning-after pill and release all the documents related to this decision. The public deserves to know how far the Bush Administration is willing to go to impose its opposition to birth control over all American women."

NARAL Pro-Choice America plans to file another request under the Freedom of Information Act for all documents showing contact between the FDA and the White House on this matter. In February 2004, NARAL Pro-Choice submitted a similar request, but FDA refused to comply.

Here is the rest of it.
www.naral.org...

News of Hager's sermon was released today by The Nation, along with troubling accusations by Dr. Hager's ex-wife that he physically and sexually abused her during the course of their marriage.

Link www.thenation.com...

I know this last link is kind of long. But if you have the time, please do read it. It's very interesting. I can't believe that this guy is in control of women's health issues. If he did these things to his ex-wife why is he still around. I know she never pressed charges, but just the though that this guy has the power that he does. This is scary!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have to say that we have some scary people making decisions for us in our government.

It's hard to believe that we allow this bozos to tell us what is good or bad for us.

Meanwhile their closets are full of nasty dirty skeletons.

Very devastating.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is very sad indeed...Along with the chuckles I got from the first part of this thread to the sadness at the end every opinion I think has been stated that could be...What the conclusion is to me is that sometimes rumours are true and that's why we all read and need to read the subjects in this large forum....and what makes it so popular

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I agree mercury, can you imagine that we were going to be talking about this man after all the months since the start of this thread.

Is like every thing in life you can never hide anything because it will catch up with you eventually.

I always feel that people like Dr. Hagar will always get their day one day.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthmagick12In the book Dr. Hager wrote with his wife, entitled "Stress and the Woman's Body," he suggests that women who suffer from premenstrual syndrome should seek help from reading the bible and praying.
What this good doctor needs is a monthly bout of salmonella posioning to give him a taste of PMS. Then to be denied medicinal relief, while being told to seek help from the Bible.

He will change his tune in a hurry.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If I'm suffering from PMS then the people living around me need to start praying.......& if reading the bible helps them cope, then all the better! I doubt that ME reading the bible & praying is gonna ease the agony I suffer once a month.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is just wrong. It is bad enough when a male doctor trys to minimize a legitimate problem just because he doesn't understand it. But to do so in the name of religion is outrageous!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Please take my advice and use a voodoo doll of George bush and Dr. Hagar during PMS.
Just keep jabbbing and jabbing it, and oh...take the needles out and use it as a absorbing pad....

Blood and Voodoo! Results guaranteed!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm wondering what would happen if all the women took this abstinance only bs to heart for a month or so, and well, told our husbands and partners....sorry, we don't want kids at the present time, so the answer is no!!! I'll let ya know when children are in my plans....

Wonder how quickly the laws would be changed (or ignored) to legalize rape and abuse......

[edit on 3-6-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think he shoud pray that he doesn't meet a woman on the street that is having PMS.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
2 bad reading the bible didnt help my step mother

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Wow, joey. Im hoping your a girl.

LOL,

You DO know that men suffer from PMS too.
Second hand Hormones.

I personally think Women should buy the DVD "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..And concentrate on that....Now I will go hide..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join