It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to apologize for ‘atrocious’ STD experiments in Guatemala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Nearly forty years ago, the Associated Press reported, "For 40 years, the U.S. Public Health Service has conducted a study in which human guinea pigs, not given proper treatment, have died of syphilis and its side effects. The study was conducted to determine from autopsies what the disease does to the human body."

Nazi's were executed for doing the same thing.

"US government medical researchers intentionally infected people in Guatemala, including institutionalized mental patients, with gonorrhea and syphilis without their knowledge or permission more than 60 years ago," Robert Bazell, the Chief science and health correspondent for NBC News, reports. "Many of those infected were encouraged to pass the infection onto others as part of the study. About one third of those who were infected never got adequate treatment."

All in the name of science.

God help us!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's hard to believe this came out in the media! Does not shock me at all, but the fact that NBC news is covering the conspiracy that is a shocker.

Don't forget to get your flu shot!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Not much different than when the US or Britain purposely allowed native islanders to be exposed to nuclear weapons testing (the Marshallese, Rarotonga, etc.) as a means of studying radiations affects.

Another similar case to the OP is the USPHS Syphilis Study, called the "Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male.", a 40 year long study in which black men from Tuskegee were left untreated for syphilis so as to study it's affects.

Medical experimentation - always comes at someone's expense. Nazi's had Jews, Americans have South Pacific Islanders and Black sharecroppers!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
double post

edit on 1-10-2010 by Blackmarketeer because: again, double post

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For anyone who says that the government doesn't have the balls or heart to kill a couple thousand people, just take a look at this and this, I'm sure is only the tip of the ice-berg. The only reason that it was discovered, is because these countries are no longer under the absolute control of the US government or the corporations that influence her policy.

The similarities between the US and Nazi governments are striking. They both burn books for political goals. They both conduct deadly and severe experiments on unsuspecting people. They both lie to conduct wars of aggression. They both enjoy large governments with excessive taxes and they both enjoy injecting government control over the personal lives of the people. Well, "what about the concentrations camps, the US doesn't have concentration camps?" one might ask. Actually, that's not true. The US government incarcerates more of its citizens than any other nation in history and most of our prisoners are jailed for political crimes, being that their crimes didn't produce a victim. Our prison system is our concentration camp system, except it's much larger, more oppressive and much better defined. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't so tragic, that most people aren't shy about condemning the Nazi concentration camps, while not batting a single eye at our own political prisoner system and that is solely due to our indoctrination.

Until you can look at things objectively, with a clear and open mind, you won't be able to see what's right in front of our eyes, as the indoctrination is blinding.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wish American citizens could get away with the crap that the American government does.

"Oh, uh ... yeah, that's right. I infected Dick Cheney with ebola as a medical experiment. Sorry, I forgot all about it. My bad, we cool?"

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
most amazing is that this subject is not being covered here at all

if the Israelis do something like this, everybody goes mad like crazy

every week we see a thread talking about the nazis

isnt this, the same?

HYPOCRISY

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
After like 50 yrs!

Are most even alive to really be apologizing to?

top topics

join