It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here is one of the comment threads taken down earlier:

www.youtube.com...

They are not in order and lots have been removed.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Paranoid comment: Now I have the odd feeling like this was beamed into my head whilst I slept last night along with the deja vu one would expect if that were the case. Something is up. Check your personal datafiles. The real message might not be the fragging (which is a distraction) but something else in the video. I just get a strange sensation about it.

Back to "reason": With the idea of fragging brought up, it sure seems this level of vulgarity might be what is needed but doesn't cross generational boundaries very well. It could be that the younger ones with lesser-developed pre-frontal cortexes are the main targets, but not too young.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

Wow!

At first I thought this was going to be a classic British parody that a bunch of comedians had made to highlight the way that all this eco warrior bull was shoved down our throats by the government.

How wrong was I?

Frankly the threatening undertones of this video are disgusting.. although all publicity is good publicity it is a shameful and underhanded way of going about it.

link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Quite possible and I take your point. I was watching the posts as they came in on the original YouTube page and they were very hostile. Every posting was negative. Here is one from a few minutes ago:

acts17v11 (4 minutes ago)
By the way, I started watching this with my two ten year old boys, thinking it would be some harmless, fun video. They screamed when the first kids got blown up and ran out of the room absolutely petrified and wanting to vomit. Are you proud of that? Morons.

If they wanted to promote their beliefs then they have failed.

Hahahaha It is the internet.. Let your kids watch youtube ? When you are unsure or complacent?

My god...

Next, the nice street they live on someone will be outraged when some kid gets run over...

"Oh but I was watching my kids play with the ball on the road... Outraged I are!!!"

?

link   
Believe me, I saw the quality of video. I've taken into account that someone or some people with a position of power have funded this propaganda. The problem is, how do we reach the public when the issue of global warming has become background noise? We can't spend all of our time jumping on an idea that someone has had as a temporary solution. As misguided as this may be, just look at how much we are talking about it. Controversy stirs conversation and the people who funded this video are well aware of that. In an ideal world, the information alone would prompt the masses to take action.

With that said, I agree wholeheartedly that this video should never be seen by children or on public networks.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Quite possible and I take your point. I was watching the posts as they came in on the original YouTube page and they were very hostile. Every posting was negative. Here is one from a few minutes ago:

By the way, I started watching this with my two ten year old boys, thinking it would be some harmless, fun video. They screamed when the first kids got blown up and ran out of the room absolutely petrified and wanting to vomit. Are you proud of that? Morons.

Hahahaha It is the internet.. Let your kids watch youtube ? When you are unsure or complacent?

My god...

Next, the nice street they live on someone will be outraged when some kid gets run over...

"Oh but I was watching my kids play with the ball on the road... Outraged I are!!!"

?

Your point is? This video IS meant to be and is going to be show widely. It is not an 'Internet only' thing. It is an entertainment propaganda piece. Look at who is backing the project. It will be shown in cinemas and schools alike.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Idiotic. Just for that I make it a point to raise my wasting 50%.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My god...

?

Your point is? This video IS meant to be and is going to be show widely. It is not an 'Internet only' thing. It is an entertainment propaganda piece. Look at who is backing the project. It will be shown in cinemas and schools alike.

Had you understood the context of my reply, it was to the person who was upset it was on youtube.

As for the rest, well I've seen more shocking things on free to air tv, so realistic you step back... Drink Driving ads for one.

Man, the outrage isn't the video and it's after effect style fake exploding people, it's the fact no one wants to know about the environment. It's just easier to block your ears and cover your eyes and yell WA WA WA WA instead of being proactive...

it's that simple..

Outrage kings rule the world....

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Ultra Fabulous "Green" future was suppose to be the "new" platform for our next generation of leaders. Al Gore did everything he could, even to the point of being a big ole hypocrite, and our own "Peace Prizer" himself rushed off to Copenhagen to "steal the show". Yet darn'it to mercy that those silly scientists were sending the most incriminating emails back and forth like children and the World discovered it was Farce!

It all "Blew up in their Faces"! Literally!

Man is not causing Global Warming, Science is showing that it is happening on all the planets in our system and that Voyager I has proven that our Heliosphere is becoming warped by an outside force; the Interstellar Cloud or Local Fluff.

Obama's embracing a specific company like 'Serious Materials' as the future of windows, all along thinking about how he was going to roll out the Greatest Investment of the Galaxy, riding his green magic carpet!

But, it blew up in their faces! The dubious nature of his choices, the dubious nature of all of their choices, even Denmark for participating in the big Farce! They were all counting on us to let them "cash us in"!

What is wrong with the people? Why didn't they believe? Why aren't they embracing our World-saving "Sale-O-Rama"? or, was that "Sale-O-Bama"?

Instead it blew up in their faces! Now someone out there is pissed! This isn't satire, this is throwing it in our faces in the most lewd manner that I can barely stomach the next thought they think they can express. I am fully convinced that we are being used by our Governments, by the UN, by every Council down the chain of Salesmen. They only want to get Rich and they think it is their turn and it just ain't happening for them because it blew up in their faces!

They just do not realize we are all waking up! The World is sweating out right now but not because of us. Earth is ready to experience something extraordinary from the Milky Way Galaxy that no amount of Man's intervention can suppress it from happening. We simply must look at the Science and accept that "Change" is what we will get!

I am appalled at this expression of a Video, I do hope there is an investigation as to who specifically paid for this! I would like to know who is directly linked. This was not just some creative CGI, that was more like condom filled ketchup with some very creative editing. The people, the actors, must be having the strangest experiences right now! I guess they are telling us how it felt to have it all blow up in their faces. The enormity of them having the "food-cycle" get disrupted must feel just like this.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Man is not causing Global Warming, Science is showing that it is happening on all the planets in our system and that Voyager I has proven that our Heliosphere is becoming warped by an outside force; the Interstellar Cloud or Local Fluff.

If that is true - and I doubt the veracity of these chinese whispered statements - then it's A-OK to keep polluting the world, and causing more and more pollution...

I see.

We should just give up trying, and start adding to it.

Good idea.

I mean, if I had cancer and I cared about living, I'd start smoking and shooting up meth.

Cool, good advice..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, I'm not one for numerology but I'll indulge just a teensy bit seeing as it probably does apply in this case. Something in the 10:10 thing in general is obviously part of the message. 10 is a number of wholeness, completion and perfection and a symbol of dominance. Some say a conjunction of worlds and of involution and evolution. Also, the format conspicuously parallels the 11:11 idea of awakening that is so popular.

Enough of that, I don't want to get obsessed with decoding this-- right now anyway.

It even felt like it has something to do with disclosure, but that's crazy, right?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Think of all the carbon they wasted on that ad.......

All because they are teaching us that we can't simply be told "Be nice to the planet."

We have to stunningly entertained..... (shock and awe... sound familiar?)

Talk about ironic disconnect.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

If that is true - and I doubt the veracity of these chinese whispered statements - then it's A-OK to keep polluting the world, and causing more and more pollution...

I see.

We should just give up trying, and start adding to it.

Good idea.

I mean, if I had cancer and I cared about living, I'd start smoking and shooting up meth.

Cool, good advice..

Of course you make those remarks from the standpoint of the presumption that anthropogenic climate change (or AGW) is real of course.

Look at 300,000 years of temperature data and not just 200 years.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: Typo - spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

You could have had a look at the 'behind the scenes' making of this Gore fest (pun intended). But as you can see:

That has been removed from public view also.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Well, I'm not one for numerology but I'll indulge just a teensy bit seeing as it probably does apply in this case. Something in the 10:10 thing in general is obviously part of the message. 10 is a number of wholeness, completion and perfection and a symbol of dominance. Some say a conjunction of worlds and of involution and evolution. Also, the format conspicuously parallels the 11:11 idea of awakening that is so popular.

Enough of that, I don't want to get obsessed with decoding this-- right now anyway.

It even felt like it has something to do with disclosure, but that's crazy, right?

The tenth hour of the tenth day of the tenth month of the tenth year of the new millenium approaches...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

10:10 is apparently an organization which states it wishes to cut carbon emissions by 10% per year, every year, starting in 2010. This is a link to their website.

I tried to read it but the bright pink and bubbly font started making me twitch a little.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I loved the video! That was funny, and I bet ends up on some show as one of those crazy commercials.

Is it fearmongering? yes

Is it threatening? Yes

Is it funny? Yes

Loved it!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Everyone who is against cleaning up emissions because "they do not cause global warming" should take a few minutes today and sit in their garage with the door closed and their car engine running. Then come back here in the morning and tell me how wonderful breathing those emissions felt. Maybe they do not cause global warming, but they do have other bad effects on living and breathing things don't they? What harm is caused by trying to clean up the environment and live greener lives?

Ok, now on to the terrorist propaganda. I mean the 1010 commercial. I think there should be a gore and violence warning in the beginning of that commercial. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top. But I think it shows the mentality of many of the eco-terrorists that support the global warming agenda that anyone who would disagree with them is fair game for violence and terror.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I loved the video! That was funny, and I bet ends up on some show as one of those crazy commercials.

Is it fearmongering? yes

Is it threatening? Yes

Is it funny? Yes

Loved it!

All valid points...

But is it appropriate?
Is it ethical?
Is it fit for purpose? (to use that horrid phrase).

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

10:10 is apparently an organization which states it wishes to cut carbon emissions by 10% per year, every year, starting in 2010. This is a link to their website.

Oh, I know what they say. It's what they don't say directly that I'm interested in. Occultism and related areas aren't very uncommon in the business world at all which is why I think intentions can be uncovered through it. It's one of those feelings; there's more in the video itself.

Perhaps the real message concealed in the video was, "Be paranoid. Be very paranoid and start investigating us numerologically. You already know us from your nightmares."

ETA: There's an 8 in their logo in the colon, which represents infinity and inversely self-destruction. Also, resurrection into higher consciousness. This is all too weird!

Doesn't the site just remind you of a frosted birthday cake? MMmmmm....cake. Happy birthday new planet Earth!

They're even promoting events on 10:10:10-- a global day of doing.

edit on 10/1/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join