It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

I'm really not "anti-environment".

I'm a conservative. I do believe in conservation on all levels.

Dont kill more than you can eat, dont foul your fishing pond, and just basically take care of your stuff. Its good sense.

I dont run anymore electricity or gas than needed.
I tell my kid she's funding terrorism if she leave's lights on LOL.

I dont mind recycling and dont have a problem with things being made to be bio-degradeable.

I do have a problem with jobs being lost. I do have a problem with slave labor. The last light bulb manufacturer in the US just closed its doors the other day. China and India can still scream them out as long as they want.

I am really thinking the "liberals" (wrong term but is common usage) are vastly more fascistic than they ever thought conservatives ever have been.

Its all about control. Nothing less.

If the planet ever gets too tired of us, She will shake us off like a dog does fleas before we EVER can destroy her.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

Seriously?? You're up in arms over these commercials??

Sure they're a bit f**ked up... kinda funny... but your outrage is totally ridiculous. You're also making exaggerations and false conclusions about what the videos mean.

Media terrorism??
Seriously... get out of here with that.

Now of course for those of you uneducated enough not to "believe in" global warming, this is an attack on your worldview. However, your worldview of global warming denial was already shaped by PLENTY of propaganda. At least most global warming "propaganda" has its facts straight... you deniers are sitting in a bus with the rest of us as it careens off a cliff telling everybody it's just a practical joke.

These show the REAL propaganda of global warming denial:

Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine

ExxonSecrets

The Doubters of Global Warming

Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air: How ExxonMobil Uses Big Tobacco’s Tactics to Manufacture Uncertainty on Climate Science

Global Warming Skeptic Organizations

Debun king Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy

Attacks on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Obscure Real Science

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

10:10 means that they want to reduce 10% CO2 emissions by blowing up 10% of the population. Notice they killed off 10% of the actors?
These people are actively advocating pop. reduction as a means of carbon reduction.
Soylent Green anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Actually I think this is a good thing. The eco facists have revealed their intentions quite clearly with this despicable propaganda piece. Those who don't toe the line is targeted for destruction by authority figures pushing the global warming scam.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think its a good ad its doing what ads do best cause more people to become aware of it.. As for the global warming topic I agree with the message, reduce our impact on earth, we nuke, we pollute and if you can't see that your ignorant. That's all I'm going to say I don't want to argue this, its like arguing with a creationist...

But just on the topic of the ad its brilliant campaigning more people will watch it now that its banned than before. I would never have seen it nor heard of the campaign had it not caused such an uproar good work guys in marketing your doing a good job. Very morbid and disturbing but that's what your paid to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So are we being threatened? That was pretty disgusting. People we a little put off by the little girl in kick ass being shot when she had a vest on. This was a whole nother level. It could definitely influance people to be more hostile over this global warming stuff. If you don't think media influences ideas and responses, you realy have been snowed.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

Yeah, I realized that after reading it a few more times. I edited my post but forgot the quote sorry about that.

As I said though, sure people have contributed to GW, but as a whole everything is heating up. Nature will do as it sees fit and trample humans in the mean time.

Despite all of this though (realize we have turned this into a GW vs. nonGW), it does not make the video in the OP any better. It might be dark humor that is missed by many but I also think there is a threatening undertone to it.

None of us can know what the writer was thinking when it was written. A person can say what they will to defend themselves, but we will never know for fact what was being thought. I will stick with my threatening undertone despite the dark humor it was supposed to convey.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree, and realized that I was one that started to help the thread to lose focus. I am sorry about that.

I really cannot add more to your post. It states things very well.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I think its a good ad its doing what ads do best cause more people to become aware of it.. As for the global warming topic I agree with the message, reduce our impact on earth, we nuke, we pollute and if you can't see that your ignorant. That's all I'm going to say I don't want to argue this, its like arguing with a creationist...

But just on the topic of the ad its brilliant campaigning more people will watch it now that its banned than before. I would never have seen it nor heard of the campaign had it not caused such an uproar good work guys in marketing your doing a good job. Very morbid and disturbing but that's what your paid to do.

who is we? i am forced to live in a house, because without it i will be unable to get a job or benefits which i would need to buy food, i am forced to buy food from a supermarket because i lack the skill to hunt and it was not a part of my education by the system and if i did i would be hunting illegally on someone elses land as it is mostly if not all owned, supermarket stuff comes with packaging i have no control over other than buying the most environmental friendly version, which is'nt possible with all products because many products still have packaging that cannot be recycled. i was born into a system that i did not create, and want it to be better, i already do everything i can to reduce my usage, i recycle, i don't drive and have never driven,

i do not cut down trees, we will not use gas to heat our home if possible, so far it has not been used in a year, although we are forced to use electric for food storage purposes. but it seems to me these people will not be happy untill we all stop breathing whilst they use their stuff without any cut backs. i have never been on holiday in my entire adult life and i have never flown anywhere ever, i do not nuke anything nor do i pollute anything where it can be avoided, so who is we? i think you are refering to the actions of mainly governments and corporations, maybe this stuff should be aimed at them instead.

rich/famous people telling us what we should do whilst they ride around in private jets, own 6 cars 3 houses, have their business ripping up trees and polluting land for profit, but we must blame the commoner etc etc, and if anyone is selected for elimination it will be the lowest in society who have the least and cannot afford all these things, we should cut back so they don't have to, and we will be first up for elimination rather than those that think its a good idea.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
The polar ice caps are melting, Its a fact,
Take a look at Satellite Images from NASA

Care to elaborate on that? The ice caps melts (partially) each summer and re freezes every winter like they have for thousands of years. It is true that the summer minimum for the last thirty years (which is all we have a clear record of) have been getting smaller in the arctic, but in the same period the antartic sea ice has reached an all time record size. NASA are not the ones being responsible for the sattelite images of the artic ice. You are clearly not very informed of the actual state of affairs regarding the polar ice caps.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

As for we I say society. You don't need to drive cars, have air conditioners and such its hard to live without it but just cutting down on usage is a good Idea. Like instead of taking the car somewhere walk, or bus, ride a bike. There are tones of things you can do. Recycle, compost, Carpool, Instead of watching TV read a book, or go for a walk. I'm not saying don't pollute at all. I'm saying reduce.

My part. I walk and bus everywhere. I could bus 10 mins to the grocery store but instead I walk, and bring my own canvas bags. and it's good exercise. I also walk an hour to my music classes its cold in winter but fresh air. I try to avoid foods with a lot of packaging and, I avoid using an air conditioner. I had mine on only for a month because it was 50+ degrees Celsius (i'm a Canadian) with the humidex. My fan wasn't cutting it.

So we have to live in a society that's consume consume consume. But there are small things to do to help the environment. Its like if everyone in the world were to give 1$ we would have billions.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

50 degrees Celsius plus in Canada?

The highest temperature ever observed in Canada was 115°F at Gleichen, Alberta on July 28, 1903.

Read more: Record-Setting Weather - average, low, world, high, Temperature extremes, highest, Temperature extremes, lowest www.weatherexplained.com...

50 degree Celsius = 122 degree Fahrenheit

www.onlineconversion.com...

How long have you lived there?

Walk an hour in the Missouri cold or heat/humidity and I’ll be impressed. You could most likely take the cold being that you are used to a colder climate, but I want proof it was 50 degrees Celsius.

As for why I do not walk to work or take a bus or car pool? I work in a rural area. It takes 15 minutes to get to or from work driving 60 plus. I work twelve hour shifts. Sorry, I will stick with my car.

Buses and car pooling work well if you live in a larger city that has regular running routs or even offers them. A good many people still live in areas where their only means is their car/truck.

As for my air or heat. I spent half my life without air. The temps and humidity here get kind of ridiculous. I will keep my air as well.
The highest temp recorded here 118 F in 1954
www.infoplease.com...

118 degree Fahrenheit = 47.7777778 degree Celsius

www.onlineconversion.com...

Here the temps stay closer to the mid 90s for days/weeks at a time. Still not quite the highest all the time but again I am sure our temps stay at highs longer. I could show other places that are worse but that would be rhetorical.

My point? Just because you chose to suffer and ignore technology that is available does not mean the rest of us chose to. When people like Gore move into a house like mine or when Sheryl Crow stop going on tour with numerous buses, planes, and cars. Then they can tell me to reduce my energy and use on sheet of toilet paper. Until then they are hypocrites and those who make videos like this are showing their true faces that they feel they have the right to decide who lives or dies.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Humidex... humidex... not actual degrees. so its 30 but really feels 45.. but when your working in a trailer in the middle of a construction site on asphalt its 50... Sorry. I should have been specific. No it wasn't 50 exactly but it damn well felt like it..

I'd also like to add there are many things you can do, some peoples carbon foot print is quite small but again its small things... and its more targeted to people in the city who have larger foot prints all I'm saying is try doing a little.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Understood, thanks for the clarification. Humidex is not a term I have heard prior to this, sorry about that.
However, you get my point though, right? Certainly, that is not a temperature you deal with for long periods.

I should have been more clear myself. Mid 90s is summer temps July-Aug. Winters I have to admit I just cannot handle the cold. I am lean and have absolutely very little to no insulation (fat). Aside from the summer, I stay cool. Even in the summer, most everyone I know says that if I think it is hot then it is really hot. I handle heat well; nevertheless, I am not turning off my air. I can keep my home at 75-80, the only one who complains about that is my wife, until she sees the cheapness of the bill. I could do our high temps well if not for the humidity levels we see. I rather enjoyed AZ even with higher temps.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I for one, thought video was damn funny! thought it was a sketch show at first!

It is strange how fast the government is working on this one, my girl walked in just after i saw the video, i explained it to her n she went "Nah...i've got too much on", I said "That's, fine. It's your choice". All of a sudden, BOOM!

MrWebby666

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Qoutes from ScepticalScience. OK I get it now I see the error of my ways.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

No our summers normally have a humidex that makes it feel about 45 Celsius and its from mid June to mid august. We have snow by October 31st, most years. We have snow from November-April? depends really, how much thaws one January we had snowbanks 6 feet tall. Its either boiling hot or freezing cold gotta love canada. During the heat wave you could cook eggs on the hood of a black car in the sun.

Anyways.. My overall point is the smallest helps, it may not feel like it but if everyone helps think of if everyone gives 1 dollar American, that's over 6.8 Billion dollars that's a small contribution on your part but globally HUGE. I think the main reason this ad is doing is saying you don't have to do your part but doing just a small thing is better. I know I keep saying this but its such an easy concept in my mind. Like Reduce your showers by one minute, use different light bulbs and if your already doing this than your doing your part don't worry. At least david suzuki isn't breaking into your house stealing your beer fridge (to those canadians who saw those creepy comercials).

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

www.skepticalscience.com...

The amount of warming caused by the anthropogenic increase in atmospheric CO2 may be one of the most misunderstood subjects in climate science. Many people think the anthropogenic warming can't be quantified, many others think it must be an insignificant amount. However, climate scientists have indeed quantified the anthropogenic contribution to global warming using empirical observations and fundamental physical equations.

That is simply not true. All the so called "physics equations" used by IPCC in their assesment is back calculating the sensitivity based on the current temperature as if no change at all would be normal. The truth of the matter however is that the climate sensitivity of CO2 in isolation is quite small. This is admitted by the scientists themselves. The argument they apply is that the added CO2 causes "reinforcements" by the small additional heat creating addtional heating by added water vapour in the atmosphere. This mechanism is however not proven and highly speculative.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Oh I do my part please do not think I am some selfish prick. I recycle, I use the pigtail looking bulbs, I turn lights off when not in use, and I even conserve water. I also think many in the GW side are blowing things way out of proportion, this video shows that.

My problem with the video is they show they will not let you have a choice. I will say again the violence is not what bothers me; I have seen worse and stuff that is real. The video though shows a side of the GW people that is dangerous. Yes, not all are like this but those who made it clearly could be, even some posters here on ATS have agreed with that as a real means I even quoted one of them. Clearly, this is about the removal of one’s choice, if this had been about religion there would have been threats to the lives of those who made it. However since it is about GW some see it as perfectly fine.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Ironic it looks like the GW crowed is doing the same thing GW bush did "you ether with us or against us"
2nd line

They hint at consequences also

obliteration of host-bodies,
is far more than a hint.

I am not saying that they are literally going to start killing...

Oh yes they shall.
They already have,
a military or government is predatory,
thereby it feeds on the populace.

This is merely their new excuse,
for killing those straying from herd,
fearmongering sheep into line.

I saw in a day dream vision while remote viewing judicial-system potentialities:
a world with robotic enforcement officers,
people that couldn't pay their carbon-tax (for breathing),
were taken to an air-tight detention centers,
where they fell asleep from carbon-dioxide induced suffocation.

The reasoning being that they are asphyxiating themselves,
since they are producing the carbon-dioxide,
so technically the government isn't "killing" them,
the victims are simply "becoming carbon neutral".

For prey there are many options:
be faster, stealthier, brainier or toxic.

With a forest-garden (chloroplast) or recycling-center (lysosome),
we with you can live free, feeding family and providing resources for reproducing tribe.

edit on 2-10-2010 by lowki because: we with you

edit on 2-10-2010 by lowki because: judicial potentialities

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join