It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

Originally posted by Dr. N

It's trying to make a broad social point, it did it in a way that appeals to the European humour, some Americans took it the wrong way and forced it to be withdrawn.

.....Implying everyone who is disgusted by the threatening video made by the carbon cultists wherein children are murdered for disagreeing with the carbon cult is American.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Why would a organization named 10/10 show a video in the UK like that, when a terrorist attack that happened there is known as the 7/7 attacks?? Pretty stupid.

Interesting take on it... People blowing up, 10/10.... a little worrying actually, especially if you go along with the whole 'iluminati' hiding messages in plane view.

Back on topic, regardless of whether climate change is made up or not, surely we should take every step we can to stop polluting our one and only planet, and any 'excuse' to do so is a good thing?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thumbs

Back on topic, regardless of whether climate change is made up or not, surely we should take every step we can to stop polluting our one and only planet, and any 'excuse' to do so is a good thing?

You don't own the planet. You own your property.

If someone pollutes it, then sue them...

Pretty simple.

*But remember, if you went to the nuisance then it is your own fault. (e.g. you can't sue about the noise pollution from the airport or the fumes from the road if they were there before you moved into your home. You went to the nuisance.)

edit on 2-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Nickodemus
This video must not share your sense of humor.

The point is ......I don't think they were trying to be humorous....it doesn't jibe with their goal, which makes it creepy.

It’s a matter of opinion on humor, and it is creepy. I think it was done with intentional humor and not meant to be their literal intentions.

However, it does send a message that we are all in this boat together and should address those who don't care about our future. I think we all own an even share of the air we breath and others are ruining it for all of us.

I'm not going to debate global warming theory here and try to hijack the thread. I will quickly debunk a lot of the debunking though. Many of these old, tired arguments have since been laid to rest and are revived by forumers and media talking heads.

First, people often misuse the term theory. To be called a scientific theory it means that it has been through a vetting process and any contradictory evidence would not allow it to be labeled a theory. The only more solid you could get is a scientific law, and laws are reserved for fundamental principles, like the law of gravity. Look at the chart put out by NASA showing the exponential curve starting at the 1950's:

Second, once it was determined that CO2 is responsible for rising temperatures; the argument was whether the CO2 is from naturally occurring sources or human activity. It has since been proven through carbon isotope ratio analysis that the CO2 is from the burning of fossil fuels and not volcanoes. This is when I lost my patience for skeptics who think their activity has no consequences.

When the ozone was getting trashed we made the Montreal Accord for banning CFC’s . That’s because the ozone depletion would affect us in one life time, and it worked! The ozone repaired the damage. Global warming doesn’t get traction because it will be way off into the future that the worst of it is noticed, and no one covers a butt like their own butt. With China coming online the curve will be steeper.

I wish I had that button to only explode the captains of industry and fake scientist that muddy the waters with the issue and dupe the public. I say fake scientist because they sold their souls and aren’t worthy of a PhD. Like I said I don’t want to argue in this one, I know some of you made up your mind and it doesn’t matter what information you receive so there is no point.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

You don't own the planet. You own your property.

If someone pollutes it, then sue them...

Pretty simple.

*But remember, if you went to the nuisance then it is your own fault. (e.g. you can't sue about the noise pollution from the airport or the fumes from the road if they were there before you moved into your home. You went to the nuisance.)

Fairly certain with my limited funds I wouldn't be able to sue the US or China or BP for that matter...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You don't own the planet. You own your property. If someone pollutes it, then sue them... Pretty simple.

If someone pollutes common property, or parts of the planet which are not privately owned (atmosphere, oceans..), then what? We should ignore it, because its not our private property?

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

You don't own the planet. You own your property. If someone pollutes it, then sue them... Pretty simple.

I someone pollutes common property, or parts of the planet which are not privately owned (atmosphere, oceans..), then what? We should ignore it, because its not our private property?

Once these fools learn they cant breath, eat and drink money their view might change.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Nickodemus because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

Someone stating their message and even putting it on video is fine. I have no problem with freedom of speech.

I am rebutting with my view to what I have been shown though. Where is my sense of freedom of speech? Oh, I guess it does not fit your agenda?

You forget freedom of speech goes both ways. Your side can put out a video that shows the real us against them mentality. However, I also have the freedom to tell you and them that you can suck a tail pipe, because of that same mentality. Again, if the eco-Nazis want to cut carbon they can stop breathing.

Raist

edit on 10/2/10 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
C) BBBrrrrrr it's freakin' freezing in here.

You knew what I meant, wise guy. =P

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No, implying that most people who interpret the movie in that way are American...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Someone stating their message and even putting it on video is fine. I have no problem with freedom of speech.

I am rebutting with my view to what I have been shown though. Where is my sense of freedom of speech? Oh, I guess it does not fit your agenda?

You forget freedom of speech goes both ways. Your side can put out a video that shows the real us against them mentality. However, I also have the freedom to tell you and them that you can suck a tail pipe, because of that same mentality. Again, if the eco-Nazis want to cut carbon they can stop breathing.

Raist

edit on 10/2/10 by Raist because: (no reason given)

Foolishness, you’re welcome to give your view. In fact art like this aims to encourage that dialogue. My comment of freedom of expression was meant for the issue of banning it from youtube. You cannot deny it to others because you don't approve of it... no one is silencing you, in fact I prefer to let you measure out the rope to hang yourself with.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Pretty interesting commercial, I always knew Europe in general was a bit less censored than the States in their media, but this is a uncomfortable commercial to many for many different reasons.

First the commercial starts off in disguise as a positive well intentioned commercial about being more "green" so to speak. It continues this theme up until the end where those who apparently do not agree with the majority are blown up in a rather graphical manner that includes screaming. The point of the commercial can be taken in several directions being it was a exaggerated comical way of bringing about a message to people to "be green or else..."

However, the reaction is NOT laughter as much as disturbing. Media being a very calculated and research based business would have probably known exactly what the reaction was going to be, yet they continued to develop the commercial "as is".

I reserve any conclusions as I may just be misunderstanding "European" humor but the commercial seems to have an eerie sense of ominous "truth" to it in the tone of a "warning"...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I did not ban it. I had no hand in banning it nor would I. Your assumption of what I do, would do, or will do is nothing more than smoke in the wind.

What, and where is this supposed rope I am to hang myself with? I guess that is more of that you against me attitude showing up in the eco-fanatics.

Raist

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
maybe I"m the fool here, but i thought that all this hokeystick graph info was faked...climategate...numbers fudged to get the desired results, damning emails? Did I miss part two of the story where the the emails were faked, or the scientists proven not to be liars? climate change or not, I will not be participating in any 10:10 events as the people who are putting it on obviously like to see children die horrible deaths, so I can't get behind a cause that they support.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nickodemus
I wish I had that button!
Funny all you hypocrites are against freedom of expression and cry like a stuck pig the instant something doesn't agree with you.
This video must not share your sense of humor.
My gut says troll, but I'm going to assume you're serious for a second here.

Now I haven't read every page of the thread, but I'm pretty sure people are complaining about the video, not freedom of expression, unless you're implying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is against freedom of expression, which is just downright idiotic.

reply to post by Pentothal

All of those pictures link to imageshack. Is there a site out there showing these charts and more?

edit on 2-10-2010 by technical difficulties because: Reply to Pentohal

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

I can't get behind the move to protect the planet
from raising temperatures and greenhouse gasses
because no matter what happens to the climate
and the people on this planet
including the children...

...I will be dead and I just don't give a damn.

How about a little honesty for a change?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Your rope is your comments that you are so proud to share. Your intentional misinterpretation of my original remark (thinking I wanted to limit your speech) and failure to accept my clarification to you, make the rope longer and thicker. Also you seem more hostile and agitated them I am and claim an us-vs-them attitude coming from my perspective.
Basically you are looking to pick a fight and have no solid ground to stand on but continue to hang yourself with your ignorant comments.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I reserve any conclusions as I may just be misunderstanding "European" humor but the commercial seems to have an eerie sense of ominous "truth" to it in the tone of a "warning"...

I think one of the key points is that in the US this has been interpreted as people being killed for having a different opinion - which admittedly is slightly sinister. But that is NOT what is being portrayed. That is a misinterpretation by people who have a very different outlook on the world to most Europeans.

The people are being 'blown up' (which is meant to be light-hearted I believe...) for being apathetic. You can argue for a difference of opinion (providing you have some evidence). You can't argue for apathy.

I think the reason this drama wasn't for foreseen is because whoever commissioned the ad didn't quite appreciate the number of people in the US who actually disagree with the basic premise of climate change. In Europe it is pretty much a given. We've seen the evidence and as far as most are concerned it stacks up. Some people can't be bothered to help mitigate the effects, but they don't disagree with the principle. It's those people the ad was victimising, and rightly so. A lot of people have spent a lot of time and money in the US convincing people to be skeptical, but only about the things they really should be taking some notice of...

And regarding the gore - last time I was in the US I flicked on the TV first thing on a Sunday morning and bloody Aliens was on! No room for getting all squeamish about the presentation of graphic violence to the mainstream I'm afraid!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

It's a very tongue in cheek British satire that people here get (with the obvious exception of Daily Mail readers) and Americans seem to think is to be taken seriously.

OH! It was supposed to be funny?

I missed that part,

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

your wrong, it is not a global warming vs non believers issue, its the message, and the message would be wrong applied to anything. do you believe in god? did you go to church? no? i will just get my button, problem solved.

its simply threatening and bullying people to do something because they are being threatened to do it rather than being educated on the facts about global warming. there are many ways to get your point across about global warming, the way shown in the OP video is not one of them, unless you want to give the impression that anyone who disagrees with your view will be terminated. maybe that's the agenda for all i know.

off topic: why do people who believe in global warming, think that those that don't do not care about the planet or do their part to look after the planet. some people in this thread cannot seem to work out that looking after the planet and disagreeing on the courses of global warming are two seperate and different things.

it would be like saying people who question health practices do not care about their own health, which is obviously wrong as they are only questioning the practice not the principle.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join