It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new look ATS is great but -----

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I do so miss the latest threads listed down the side of the thread, ah, perhaps I'm an old fart set in my ways but when I've finished my post I like to look to the right of the screen to easily see what's occurring or is new.

Am I the only one ?

If so I'll shut up about it but if not and other members feel the same way can we lobby the mods to kindly put it back please ?

Big thumbs up for the "Replies" thingy that to my mind is a real boon along with all the other changes.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

I do so miss the latest threads listed down the side of the thread, ah, perhaps I'm an old fart set in my ways but when I've finished my post I like to look to the right of the screen to easily see what's occurring or is new.

Am I the only one ?

If so I'll shut up about it but if not and other members feel the same way can we lobby the mods to kindly put it back please ?

Big thumbs up for the "Replies" thingy that to my mind is a real boon along with all the other changes.

No, you are not the only one, but I've not got the main link to here which has the same new/current topics aswell as hot topics etc.. I've found I'm able to annoy MORE of ATS now than ever before

And in Real Time !!

You'll get used to it... They've so far fixed the initial problems I first found frustrating... But then, we're humans... let he who never upgradeth evar cast the first stone...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I've found I'm able to annoy MORE of ATS now than ever before

Well that's a big bonus,

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

oh farout I can't even keep up with the changes but I am not on that much anymore.
Looks so different from years back...farout, I couldn't even find BTS a couple of weeks ago!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There is a button on the righthand side that opens a window with newest post,maybe it only shows if your logged in ..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

If you haven't found them yet, there are also a couple of tabs on the right side of the window that pull out popup windows of the most recent posts, flags, etc. I don't know if they were always planned as a part of the overhaul, but SO introduced them yesterday when lots of people were complaining about the disappearance of the sidebar links, and I think they're a pretty good replacement

edit on 10/1/2010 by americandingbat because: oops, someone beat me to it

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by badw0lf

I've found I'm able to annoy MORE of ATS now than ever before

Well that's a big bonus,

I aim to please!!

haha, but it actually works out - I read more annoying posts too... Oo

But that's what makes this place great, conflicting opinions lead to debate (if given the right topic) and with the new layout, I am not so much clicking on threads still in the top from last week, but seeing those aswell as new thoughts.

I'm sure the way I'm doing it now was always available also, I just never found it..

Long live enriched argumentative debate !!! 8]

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Everyone has already beat me to it, but the areas your looking for are still there.

You just need to click on either one of the vertically written tabs to the right of the posts (and this is located on every thread).

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

If you haven't found them yet, there are also a couple of tabs on the right side of the window that pull out popup windows of the most recent posts, flags, etc. I don't know if they were always planned as a part of the overhaul, but SO introduced them yesterday when lots of people were complaining about the disappearance of the sidebar links, and I think they're a pretty good replacement

edit on 10/1/2010 by americandingbat because: oops, someone beat me to it

I'll agree. I'm always trying to keep up with the times but my new peeve is that I use my 'zoom' on my display at 125% or 150% for easier reading. I didn't even see the tabs until you mentioned it and I turned the 'zoom' off. Thanks.

The only issue now is the print is abit too small to read so I zoom the screen to 125% and it cuts off the bottom articles of interest and there is no scroll function. Possibly another glitch? Or, just get used to it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thanks to everyone that responded, I hadn't noticed the vertical tabs on the right hand side either.

Just tried them and they seem pretty cool.

I have to say when it comes to web site forums and discussions, for me ATS has to be the most user friendly.

So without brown nosing, well done to everyone who was involved in revamping ATS because I'd already found it to be great but it's even betterer

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just an update-

I've gotten used to it.

CHANGE IS GOOD!

I like it now. Keep it up ATS Gods!

top topics

join