It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the age of the far left!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It's just a difference in interpretation. The same way a person can get 'legalise gay marriage' and 'God hates Fags!' from the Bible. It just depends on your own subconscious biases.

LOL I have read the bible and I really don't see how anyone could get that would be legal. That would take a very good spin doctor.
In order for the First Amendment to be interpreted in the way the ACLU wishes, they have to add Jefferson's letter in the mix, which is not part of the the Constitution.

Compared to various sensible restrictions. For example, claiming that it is your freedom of religion to stone an adultress = bad.

The Constitution and our laws protect against that as well.

I have no idea, lost my train of thought entirely.

lol that has been know to happen to me as well, once or twice.

And yet, they are forced to take part in various religious ceremonies. This is the grey area I spoke of.

Hmm, No one is forced to take part in these that I know of.

But the US isn't the only nation to have a constitution... Even the UK has one, of sorts.

That is what makes America what it is. The Constitution is the foundation for our entire Government. Every bill that is brought to congress SHOULD be proven with the constitution before it is made into law.

Aye, I saw it. Very interesting, and you seem to have had more replies than you thought.

Yea, it took off pretty fast and surprised me but it has slowed down a lot now. I should have found a way to work space ships and aliens in to it

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
LOL I have read the bible and I really don't see how anyone could get that would be legal. That would take a very good spin doctor.

As have I. The passages 'love your neighbour as you love yourself', 'There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus' and 'judge not, lest ye be judged' can give a reasonably strong backing. After all, God, rather than man is the final judge, and thus we don't have a responsibility to prevent 'sinners' from 'sinning'. If God finds it so bad then gays will pay for it in the afterlife. We are not here to enforce his morality.

In order for the First Amendment to be interpreted in the way the ACLU wishes, they have to add Jefferson's letter in the mix, which is not part of the the Constitution.

If so, then I'm sure the SCOTUS will overturn any such laws they wish to create.

The Constitution and our laws protect against that as well.

Indeed. Thus even you disagree with the idea of total religious freedom.

lol that has been know to happen to me as well, once or twice.

I must be getting old...

Hmm, No one is forced to take part in these that I know of.

There are many cases, often with children on the recieving end.[

That is what makes America what it is. The Constitution is the foundation for our entire Government. Every bill that is brought to congress SHOULD be proven with the constitution before it is made into law.

Unless I am mistaken, it usually is isn't it?

Yea, it took off pretty fast and surprised me but it has slowed down a lot now. I should have found a way to work space ships and aliens in to it

Perhaps adding something about the NWO in the title would increase participation.
edit on 4-10-2010 by LeftWingLarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

As have I. The passages 'love your neighbor as you love yourself', 'There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus' and 'judge not, lest ye be judged' can give a reasonably strong backing. After all, God, rather than man is the final judge, and thus we don't have a responsibility to prevent 'sinners' from 'sinning'. If God finds it so bad then gays will pay for it in the afterlife. We are not here to enforce his morality.

Hmm this may be a "context" issue. And I would rather not derail this thread any farther. If you wish to create a thread on the subject, send me a link and I will gladly discuss it with you.

Indeed. Thus even you disagree with the idea of total religious freedom.

If a religion goes against the laws protecting another then, no.
Besides stoning is a type of execution and those are performed by the state. All in all if a religion harms someone physically, usually it has become more of a cult and has stepped over in to the "judge and jury" area, which might lead to a church/state that our Constitution protects against.

I must be getting old...
Know how you feel brother.

There are many cases, often with children on the receiving end.

Then it is unconstitutional and should be stopped.

Unless I am mistaken, it usually is isn't it?

Usually, but since the early 1900's congress has been drifting further and further away from the constitution.

Perhaps adding something about the NWO in the title would increase participation.

Na, Giant Space Ships would have had me over 30 pages by now lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
isn't the op in the UK?

well, the far left is more dangerous than the far right, domestically. imo

Eric Rudolph was a liberal?

Second line waiting for a sign of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Leftist, conservative right, they're all a smoke screen. The only political party are "the have's and the have not's. Keep spouting off how you don't like the left or how you don't like the right. All it does as displays ignornance to the real deal. The real deal is there are the super elite, wealthy and the rest of us soon to be poor/ already poor. Poor people need to stick together then STICK IT TO THE MAN BABY!!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was looking in the archives and stumbled across this thread and it turns out the OP knew what they were talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join