It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Academy to discuss “extra-terrestrial life and the UN agenda” *BREAKING NEWS*

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

your quote about the vatican doesnt say anything about a change of position on the possibility of life on other planets.

The reason for that is their positions been the same for nearly 20 years. The previous vatican astronomer released a 40+ page book in 2005 discussing topics such as "do aliens have souls?" & "can aliens be saved by jesus?". Before that in the 1990s a vatican spokesman said they dont fear the discovery of life elsewhere and that their scholars expect it.

edit on 3-10-2010 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well i hope we don't answer if the phone does ring!

What kind of insane Alien would want to make contact with us?

They would have monitored 100yrs of Radio & Television signals coming from Earth.

They would quickly realize that we are a warlike species and are hazardous to the health of any other living thing.

How many of you would approach a scorpion or a shark??? not many me thinks.

Those of you who would approach a dangerous creature would do so because you had prepared yourself with defenses, and you would have a means of destroying that creature should it prove hostile.

I think the same rule applies for ET contact, for us and them.

If they do come, they will come with the means to potentially destroy us.

So after coming to this conclusion, we will be taxed to fund even more exotic weaponry, the Military Industrial Complex and the weaponizing of space.

If aliens are real or fake will not matter, this will be a contingency plan based on the remote possibility of contact.

Say goodbye to whats left in your wallet, say hello to the next military build-up to fight the Nazi/Commie/Terrorist/Aliens.

edit on 3-10-2010 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just a reminder that this event is happening today at 9am. Here are the details:

"Towards a scientific and societal agenda on extra-terrestrial life"

* Starts: 9.00am on 04 October 2010
* Finishes: 6.00pm on 05 October 2010
* Venue: Kavli Royal Society International Centre

Organised by Dr Martin Dominik and Professor John Zarnecki

Should extra-terrestrial life exist, upcoming efforts will provide living generations with a realistic chance of its detection. Even more than the scientific agenda, a corresponding complementary societal agenda needs to be debated. With a mix of invited talks and panel debates, we particularly look into the detection of life, the communication with potential extra-terrestrial civilizations, the implications for the future of humanity, and the political processes that are required.

Four panel debates include:

Calling ET, or not even answering the phone?

Societal questions raised by the detection of extra-terrestrial life

What could studies of extra-terrestrial life tell us about the future of humanity?

Extra-terrestrial life and arising political issues for the UN agenda

Confirmed panelists:

Ivan Almar, Stephen Baxter, James Benford, David Brin, Milan Cirkovic, Richard Crowther, Kathryn Denning, Steven Dick, Stephane Dumas, Frans von der Dunk, John Elliott, Lisa Kaltenegger, Claudio Maccone, Michael Michaud, Mazlan Othman, Ted Peters, Margaret Race, Seth Shostak, John Smart, Nicholas Tosca, Doug Vakoch, Clement Vidal, Felisa Wolfe-Simon, Alexander Zaitsev

royalsociety.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i think there has been a discovery made and this is how the powers will prepare our minds to handle it
first microbial life in space just outside our atmosphere

Life from outer space could be surviving on the outer fringes of the Earth's atmosphere, according to scientists who are to launch a mission to search for bacteria that could be living there.

info on story

there is an incremental exposure happening
why now?

xploder

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I nearly started a thread with the story you link above - it strikes me that the stratospheric investigation is timed with precision so that the results can be quickly and easily peer-reviewed, and released to the public as a non-shocking evidence of alien life. After all, who's scared of a few floating microbes on the edge of the atmosphere (assuming they aren't deadly in themselves)???

The public could easily cope with being told that there were alien microbes, after all the information which has been steadily pushed at them over the past decade.

From there it's a simple step to convince people that our 'new' stance on the possibility of alien life was a trigger - like a cosmic invitation - for the intelligent and advanced aliens to come and say hello to us.

Enter stage left - Project BlueBeam?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
OMG, I can see how they consider the Human race a stupid Species.....SORRY.

God Almighty you should be thankful there is more good here on this Planet then bad because the good is what they say makes this Species WORTH saving.......

It time the diapers come off and many of you need to potty train.

As they say:

When it is time you will know and whatever is to be will be.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

What a pointless post. Nobody will have any idea what you're talking about. Stop distracting people with BS and contribute properly.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Flyingintheointment,

Your right it was a useless post, but a true one ............I wouldnt expect you to understand.

Actually as it goes until everyone experiences and can see the ships and these Beings for themselves they are not going to believe and as for this U.N. stuff all I can say is OMG lol what a joke.

Don't worry I'm not coming back to this thread

edit on 4-10-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Another case of the "press" getting it wrong. The purpose of the experiment is not to look for extraterrestrial life.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thank you phage
i had not investigated the original source before posting
star

xploder

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate the effort.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by something wicked

"Near earth objects" might easily be a euphemism for UFO's.

Reports about a UN alien ambassador got started when the Sunday Times reported that Othman was in the running to be the first point of contact for alien visitors. Othman was reportedly set to appear at a Royal Society conference to say that extraterrestrial contact was more likely than ever, and that Earth needed a plan to deal with their arrival. Othman, however, told The Guardian that she will instead be talking about "near-Earth objects" at the conference rather than close encounters of the little green men kind.
www.pcmag.com...

Please quote when the Vatican changed its doctrine around the possibility of life on other planets. To confirm this, please provide information from a reputable source where the Vatican said that such a thing is refuted.

google is an excellent source of information.
Took 10 seconds. "vatican" and "extraterrestrials" - done.

www.nytimes.com...

"In my opinion this possibility exists," said the Reverend José Gabriel Funes, head of the Vatican Observatory and a scientific adviser to Pope Benedict XVI, referring to life on other planets. "How can we exclude that life has developed elsewhere," he said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, published in its Tuesday-Wednesday edition. The large number of galaxies with their own planets makes this possible, he noted. Asked if he was referring to beings similar to humans or even more evolved than humans, he said: "Certainly, in a universe this big you can't exclude this hypothesis." In the interview headlined, "The extraterrestrial is my brother," he said he saw no conflict between belief in such beings and faith in God. "Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, there can be other beings, even intelligent, created by God. This is not in contrast with our faith because we can't put limits on God's creative freedom," he said. "Why can't we speak of a 'brother extraterrestrial'? It would still be part of creation." Funes, who runs the observatory that is based south of Rome and in Arizona, held out the possibility that the human race might actually be the "lost sheep" of the universe. There could be other beings "who remained in full friendship with their creator," he said.

edit on 3-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, and could you now perhaps show where that says there has been a change of doctrine in the Vatican? That means (and let me keep this simple) when did they say they DIDN'T accept the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

your quote about the vatican doesnt say anything about a change of position on the possibility of life on other planets.

The reason for that is their positions been the same for nearly 20 years. The previous vatican astronomer released a 40+ page book in 2005 discussing topics such as "do aliens have souls?" & "can aliens be saved by jesus?". Before that in the 1990s a vatican spokesman said they dont fear the discovery of life elsewhere and that their scholars expect it.

edit on 3-10-2010 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

Thanks Yeti, I thought it was the way I had posed the question that was causing the confusion, but not sure how I could have been clearer.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It was a change of position to finally go public with this information in a press release that was sure to go worldwide.

Technically however
I suppose yeti and something wicked are correct
that the position of the Vatican did not change.
I am wrong and adequately humiliated I think.
Unless you two would like to beat me with sticks.

edit on 5-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: for the pie

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Returning to topic....

I see a carefully designed string of events designed to lead us towards accepting certain actions by certain agendas for the future. Specifically I see this fuelling the empowerment of the US government to implement their 'Kill Switch' for the internet for control and tyranny purposes. And the fear that is being artificially built surrounding nuclear facilities will facilitate war with Iran.

Possible wild card: False flag event using an Alien invasion or attack on our nukes to justify large scale military deployment or the kill switch... I see threads being tied together in blood and fear with the chess pieces being put in place for a carefully controlled agenda leading up to 2012. What do you guys think?

I think you might be right OP. It is as plausible a scenario as any.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

sorry but your wrong. The 40+ page book is already public and it was also covered in the press at the time in 2005. Plus the answer to press questions in the 1990s was also public.

The most recent statements from the vatican astronomer wasn't a "press release" issued by the vatican. It was an interview conducted with the vatican astronomer before an astronomy conference in the UK where he was asked a few questions.

There has been no change of position by the vatican on ET life since the 1990s. The only new thing that the current vatican astronomer said was "aliens could be free from original sin"
never heard that before although i confess ive not read all of the 40+ page book released 5 years ago so it could be in there.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The whole alien scheme is just another distraction. They may exist I for one believe but open your eyes its all part of a bigger plan. Hate to say it but the Illuminati, all these threads about aliens and UFOs are here to distract you from the real thing happening. Everyone must unite, share information like being done on this site and when the time comes have a plan of our own.. Im prepared are u????????????

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

It is interesting to note that the initial and surname of the 'alien ambassador', Mazlan Othman, spell out Mothman. Is this a cheeky joke by the powers that be or are they employing an alien to meet aliens? Synchronicity is all pointing to a revelation in 2010 that culminates in 2012 - although not on the fabled December 21 but a few months earlier - a mega ritual of epic proportions...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join