It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Academy to discuss “extra-terrestrial life and the UN agenda” *BREAKING NEWS*

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hi all

Ok so I don't really understand... whats happen now... It's false or truth ? false aliens invasion ? They are so many video on youtube this week about UFO, HAARP, ULTIMATE DECEPTION, Giant Spaceships Heading Towards Earth !? ...

Well, I'm lost....

Thank you

Rémi

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Right. It is no big deal because the MSM gets it so very wrong.
Maybe, just maybe, if they could get it right, if they could do it without the sensationalist nonsense.

The CNN version of the press conference was carried 'as is' Where was the sensationalism in that?

Seems you skeptics will never be satisfied with any step in the right direction....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Missed the point of that comment entirely :shk:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yeah, but Zorgon you have to admit that one little press conference, carried without editing or sensationalism get lost in the noise of all the other sensationalism.

The small amount of serious news coverage this stuff gets is overshadowed by, well......sensational foolishness. Us "skeptics" are smart enough to understand in order to win this battle we are all fighting together we must work towards creating an environment where sensationalism is the exception, and not the norm.

Zorg, I know for a FACT you are a smart man. So that means I know you know exactly what I am talking about here.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
I've been wondering when people were going to start posting anomolies from LRO.

Yeah I will dig it up later....and send you a U2U on it

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

For what it's worth Zorgon, I thought that pic was a good find.

Here is a closer look at the thing. It is the same image that is on the desk:

Say, now that so many well-minded and educated people are taking the who ET issue seriously, I bet alot of the charlatans who offer obvious BS will be easily overlooked and with minimal effort. The MSM is in trouble (nobody watches anymore...), so they won't wasting time on things that turn viewers off. Methinks, the serious researchers will be getting alot more facetime.

*I was watching a fox news clip earlier and Shep Smith mentioned towards the end of the interview that he was told to ask about little green men. That was curious. 'Serious but not too serious' must be the order of the day at Fox.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

Compared to how they've always treated the subject, it's clear their attitudes have quickly shifted since the start of this year.

We perceive this differently.....

I do not see a big change in the attitudes of people across the MSM.

I see a few more stories thanks to the good work of people such as James Fox & Leslie Kean, the gentlemen at the "Nukes UFO" press conference, etc.....

But I don't see a big change in their attitude.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 1-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Yeah, but Zorgon you have to admit that one little press conference, carried without editing or sensationalism get lost in the noise of all the other sensationalism.

Well judging by the huge number of threads on all this, and the number of posts, I would say your wrong NOTHING is getting lost in the noise. People are excited about the recent events. No amount of 'bullying' by the other side will really change that.

Sensationalism in the Press?
what planet have you been on? That's how they sell papers, magazines and air time... they are not likely to change this anytime soon, nor are the majority of the population going to pay attention to boring headlines... so get over it. What are you worried about anyway? That one person might be swayed to 'the other side'?

The small amount of serious news coverage this stuff gets is overshadowed by, well......sensational foolishness. Us "skeptics" are smart enough to understand in order to win this battle we are all fighting together we must work towards creating an environment where sensationalism is the exception, and not the norm.

What 'battle' are you trying to win exactly? All I see from skeptics is the same old cries, the same old argument, and never once do they stop to smell the roses//

How bout this for a change? Instead of knocking everything, try to present the GOOD material in a way you would like to see it presented. I see no threads made by ANY skeptics about recent articles covered in this thread. Why is that? Instead of bullying people with the narrow skeptic viewpoint, set an example of how it should be done...

Well when THAT day happens I will have a heart attack

Zorg, I know for a FACT you are a smart man. So that means I know you know exactly what I am talking about here.

Well I know one subject that you could make a fascinating thread on... to set an example of how it should be done... though I suppose you might have a little problem with proof

See how that works?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I see no threads made by ANY skeptics about recent articles covered in this thread.

No? I guess I'm not considered a skeptic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/1/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I really don't have time to find a whole bunch of news videos (concerning Aliens/UFO's) of present and a bunch from a few years ago, but I'm sure you would see a clear contrast in their attitude. I remember it was one of the things that used to really bug me, on any rare occasion the MSM would do a report on Aliens/UFO's, they were so biased and one sided it was ridiculous. It was literally made a mockery of and given the respect of any other fairy tale or "occult belief". About a year or so ago I noticed some semi-serious reports start to trickle out, and since then the topic has started to get more and more mainstream coverage, with better and better "evidence" being presented. Play it off as nothing if you will, but to most people this isn't something random, interests wont die back down and these conferences, testimony and reports wont fade away unnoticed as they usually do, the wick has been lit and it wont go back out because they don't want it to this time. I may be completely wrong, but I feel confident serious progress is being made, I've never had such faith in the possibility of disclosure, but then again, if it's being directed in such a fashion, one must ask, to what end.

reply to post by zorgon

Well judging by the huge number of threads on all this, and the number of posts, I would say your wrong NOTHING is getting lost in the noise. People are excited about the recent events. No amount of 'bullying' by the other side will really change that.

edit on 1/10/10 by CHA0S because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Here's some declassified documents from Project Saucer in Brazil, which is one of the best documented cases of a UFO wave. If anyone asks me whether I think the earth is being visited by aliens from advanced civilizations I say that there's no doubt in my mind about this. None. I've looked at too much evidence like this over the years to have any doubts at this point.

This report has documents, descriptions, films and photgraphs of all kinds of alien craft. As to what their purposes and intentions are here on earth, I wish I knew. I think we are dealing with many different groups of aliens with a variety of agendas, but this particular wave was certainly very odd, even by UFO standards.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh on the contrary...it is you who missed mine!

Penchant for the last word as well eh? Figures!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

I may be completely wrong, but I feel confident serious progress is being made, I've never had such faith in the possibility of disclosure

As I said.....we perceive this "MSM situation" differently.

For what it's worth, I hope you are the one who's right.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

One other point.... Here are some headlines that are certainly designed to get attention

Venus Flyby

Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens. Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

Moon Fountains

When astronauts return to the Moon in the years ahead, they might encounter electrified fountains and other strange things.

Here on Earth we see something similar: crepuscular rays. These are shafts of light and shadow cast by mountain ridges at sunrise or sunset. We see the shafts when they pass through dusty air. Perhaps the Moon's "twilight rays" are caused, likewise, by mountain shadows passing through levitating moondust.

Moon Storms

Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

Well I guess NASA isn't immune to using a little sensationalism either... Those headers sure caught my attention

1) science.nasa.gov...
2) science.nasa.gov...
3)science.nasa.gov...

edit on 1-10-2010 by zorgon because: WHY do you CARE?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Witness63.....

Here's some declassified documents from Project Saucer in Brazil

That "Colares" case is very interesting.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No? I guess I'm not considered a skeptic.

Nice going Phage

posted on 1-10-2010 @ 04:53 PM
Now we are getting somewhere. Might be hope for you yet. You a skeptic? Now who would think such a thing?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Greetings everyone. The frequency of MSM news coverage related to ETs has apparently increased in the past few weeks.One can only speculate as to whether this increased MSM news coverage is just a flash in the pan or whether it is a part of a bigger agenda.

I guess synchronicity might be at work here

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Also, OP... Great Thread. Thanks for your inputs.. S&F

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There is currently a signal on the way to Gliese 581d. On the following site there is a countdown clock showing when the signal will arrive... currently its 19 years 143 days 15 hours
www.hellofromearth.net...

Why Gliese 581d?

With at least two potentially habitable planets and the most Earth-like planet discovered so far, the Gliese 581 system is one of the best candidates for life outside our Solar System

How will the messages be sent to Gliese 581d?

After the final message was collected on Monday 24 August 2009, messages were exported as a text file and sent to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, where they were encoded into binary, packaged and tested before transmission. The resulting collection beeps and pauses (on and off radio signals) was sent back to Australia to the NASA/CSIRO Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex at Tidbinbilla. At midday on Friday 28 August 2009, the 70-metre main antenna, known as DSS43, transmitted the signal to Gliese 581d at a frequency of 7.145 gigahertz and a power of 18 kilowatts.

Marker of life detected on distant exoplanet

Using the Hubble Space Telescope astronomers were able to detect a small amount of methane and water vapour in the upper atmosphere of the planet named HD 189733b.

www.cosmosmagazine.com...

NASA predicts colour of alien plants

Planets outside our Solar System may have orange, yellow, red or even black plant life, according to a new NASA study. Scientists with the U.S. space agency have studied how light is absorbed and reflected by plants on Earth, to predict what vegetation might look like on planets which have different atmospheres and orbit different stars. Published in the latest issue of the journal Astrobiology, the find may prove valuable in helping scientists recognise life on extrasolar planets. According to Nancy Kiang, lead author of the study and bio-meteorologist at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, the light that hits the surface of other planets is likely to be very different to the sunlight we see. This is because not all stars emit the same distribution of wavelengths of light and not all atmospheres filter light in the same way.

Bigger telescopes needed to find aliens

A new space-based telescope costing about A$12.3 billion (US$10 billion) could detect alien life on extrasolar planets using technology already available today, said Steve Beckwith, author of the report and astronomer at the University of California, Berkeley.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You can hear her speak here:

I really like this comment she made, jokingly, about a year ago...

Found this quote while I was looking at that signal page...

"If we do make contact with aliens, who do you think should be representing mankind?" jokes UNOOSA director Mazlan Othman, a Malaysian astrophysicist. "It would be the secretary general of the United Nations ... that's why we're here."

Space Week: U.N. office manages asteroids, alien contact
Agence France-Presse
Wednesday 15 July 2009

Very odd, considering recent denials

As to that message.. What exactly would you say to an Alien race?

Here are a few interesting points

What would Gliesians need to receive the message?

The message is encoded in binary and sent at a radio frequency at a particular bandwidth. To receive the message, Gliesians would need a radio receiver, and to understand it, the ability to interpret its binary nature (binary language, the language used by computers, consists of a series of zeroes and ones or on-and-off settings in a pattern).

This one is a kicker Seems someone else wants that UN post

What happens if someone or something responds?

Anyone can send a message to aliens - if they're listening, and are from a star very close by, aliens have already enjoyed TV and radio signals that form part of the general background radio noise of our planet. But if any aliens respond, Earth protocol steps in. Response to any non-human communication received from another planet needs to be coordinated by the SETI Post-Detection Taskgroup of the International Academy of Astronautics, chaired by Paul Davies.

Now what messages got picked? Here is the top list...

1) Hello Gliese 581d inhabitant. Can you help us humans travel through space and become smart like you. Please do not eat us we are a friendly race.
Angus Pigott
Canberra, Australia

edit on 2-10-2010 by zorgon because: I didn't do it... it had to be ArMaP

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join