It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Sustainability Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just came across this on NASA's website.
NASA is currently constructing a self sustainable base, which will be one with nature.
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I thought it was awesome that NASA is taking the first step in being conservative, hopefully more organisations will follow in their footsteps.

www.nasa.gov...

Interested in your guys thoughts about this
Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Yes, very cool. I just hope they distribute any and all sustainable-habitat knowledge to the public and others so that we can ALL benefit from such a huge, expensive undertaking.

These transferable benefits might include transfer of proven technology for designing, monitoring, and managing alternative energy and conservation practices, scaled-down alternative plans for multi-use structures such as low-cost, mas-produced dwellings and residences, low-footprint factories and infrastructure, and efficiency improvements in adapting techniques to retrofit and newly construct similar facilities across the public spectrum and for the collective public good.

The trouble I have with these enormous expenditures and programs is that only the elite scientists, astronauts, engineers, etc., ever seem to gain first-hand benefit and immediate gratification from the project. The taxpayers pay for it while the elitists wallow in such beautiful, efficient environments, at our expense, and, if we are lucky, they will send us a pretty picture or a news sound bite now and then. Whoopee.

*sigh* Oh well. It's to advance our scientific knowledge, and all that, I know, I know...

join