It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aliester crowleys mansion has anybody ever conducted an investigation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
hello neighbors in the paranormal community! i have been watching various paranormal investigation shows on scifi history channel, discovery channel and others. i have recently done a little research on aliester crowley and i remember my dad telling me about how led zeppelin bought aliester crowleys mansion. then it hit me; has anybody ever conducted a paranormal investigation on the mansion of "the most wicked man in the world" ? and if not why not? any probability of it happening?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

While i dont know if anyone has ever investigated it i have to say that is a brilliant idea though i think it would be a job for a highly exp. team. I to have researched Aliester Crowley and was amazed and horrified by some of the things he did. If you happen to have any links to good sites about him please post them most of my research has been through books.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
wow how misguided people are! lol anyone who has done open minded research on aliester crowley would realise the man is no more wicked then the shphards who try to run the bible down the sheeps throat or the gov. who commits genocide every f****** day...hmm guess love is the law and do what thou wilt is evil as can be yes lets hate and do as told!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Aliester was just a chaos magician who got involved in some dark arts, and had some mild forms of personality disorder. If his mansion was haunted, it was because he opened portals that are still open and have let all kinds of dark things enter. These portals exist all over the world, and are no more special just because its at his house. They can also be closed aswell, which Im sure someone has by now.

edit on 1-10-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

i'm not trying to label aliester crowley as the most wicked. i was speaking in jest to what people have said and for future references i do not wish any abrasiveness from anyone. i'm sorry for implicating any negative stigmata towards another human being.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

still the thought of a team of paranormal investigators investigating said mansion is poking at my mind somewhat. i guess im a moth to a zippo when it comes to paranormality. before you edited you post your said that you know his spirit well. do you commune with him or do you understand the dynamics of psychological profiling? have you ever been to the mansion? if you would like to u2u me on this please feel free to do so i'm all "ears" or eyes in this case

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's some info on Boleskine House at Loch Ness:

Boleskine House

It was up for sale last year. I'm not sure if anyone has bought it yet. I had some friends went up there years ago and said it was a very strange atmosphere. Whether that was because of the portal or just good old human fear is up for debate.

The house itself is on the road i've marked with a green arrow:

Google Map

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No real investigation, but thousands have gone to the place and report a very strange feeling in the air. Every owner of the house ends up selling it because of strange strange things that happen there.

There are many many documentaries and videos of the place all over the net.

edit on 51028201031122010Friday28 by Nysothol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Though I have never thought of conducting an investigation in the Crowley Mansion myself, I am surprised that it has never actually happened yet, as it would surely be an attraction to many.

Also, I agree with a couple of the posters before me in that Crowley was not an "evil" man. At least not in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mothling

I have also noticed subliminal messages in just about every documentary on him.

He was about free will, keep in mind though he was still a alcoholic heroin addict rapist with plenty of allegations towards you know... sacrificing children?

He wasn't a Saint.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
More than likely, the current owners (and lack-of current owners right now) makes an investigation difficult. Paranormal investigators typically need to either be (a) called in for the investigation, or (b) ask for permission to investigate. In the case of Bolskine, I doubt the owners want some paranormal research group walking around drawing more attention to their home.

As well, anyone who believes Crowley was the wickedest man in the world has really never done their homework on him, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Thelema, Qabala, magick, or any of the like. Especially if they believe the occult knowledge Crowley studied was part of the "dark arts" and evil.

The ceremony Crowley performed at Bolskine, with the aid of Israel Regardie, is a ritual for summoning and communing with the Holy Guardian Angel—Aiwass in the case of Crowley—found in the Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage. Bolskine was not a notorious mansion, nor was it a place where notorious actions were committed. It was a place where one deeply mystical, and spiritual man set about contacting his Higher Self, and possibly succeeded.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Nysothol
reply to post by mothling

I have also noticed subliminal messages in just about every documentary on him.

I'd be curious to know what documentaries you've watched, and what the subliminal messages in them were. Care to elaborate and link me to them?

He was about free will

He was about the Will, which is different from simple free will. Crowley believed in man's inherent, and often innate, ability to manipulate their surroundings by awakening the magickal Will.

keep in mind though he was still a alcoholic

Which is a choice, and not a crime of a slander. Crowley had vices, just as you or I.

heroin addict

Did you know he overcame the addiction while in China pursuing the strengthening of his magickal Will?

rapist

I would really like to see the citations for this. In the books, websites, memoirs, and biographies on Crowley I have read I have never come across supported claims of rape. Buggery, homosexuality, and sodomy yes. But never rape.

with plenty of allegations towards you know... sacrificing children?

Again, I would like to see citations of this. Crowley fathered several children, magickally instructed others, and never—to my knowledge—sacrificed a single one. The claim you're referring to most likely, is Crowley talking about semen. Sexual magick—tantra—was a building block of Crowley's belief and he considered his sperm to be divine and powerful. So the use of sperm and other sexual liquids in his work he often, mockingly and jokingly, considered to be "child sacrifice".

He wasn't a Saint.

Agreed. No one is a saint, we're all flawed humans. Crowley wasn't afraid to embrace and work with his daimon, shadow self though. Which makes him a greater man spiritually than most others.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Now I am intrigued by this person I know nothing about, yet not motivated enough to research him.
I wish someone else would, and make a nice, enjoyable thread for me to read. With pictures.

Thanks Nammu for the link to the mansion at Loch Ness. That was interesting.

edit on 10/1/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: To thank Nammu

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just really wanted to underline this point!

So the use of sperm and other sexual liquids in his work he often, mockingly and jokingly, considered to be "child sacrifice"

I was in a police station not so long ago and I was giving a statement, the police man was a nice chap, but when we got off subject and I mentioned crowley, he laughed and asked me if i was in to killing children?
Seriously, Ive never seen ANY evidence to support these allegations, and may I ask : why would a dying asthmatic at the end of a long successfull life have been free to roam europe willy nilly?; if he'd killed hundreds of children? (as some people like to spread.) Its really beyond me how anybody could believe that someone who struggled with his own 'medium recieved message' (just like abraham hicks) because of his incredibly sincere spirituality which was deeply routed in budhism from the outset, would be on earth to spread anything other than a positive outlook.

Come on guys, dont spread hatefull messages about dead people, unless you have at least a gram of insight.
thanks. LOVE UNDER WILL but well over hate.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Lagrimas because: unfinished sentence

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
hello neighbors in the paranormal community! i have been watching various paranormal investigation shows on scifi history channel, discovery channel and others. i have recently done a little research on aliester crowley and i remember my dad telling me about how led zeppelin bought aliester crowleys mansion. then it hit me; has anybody ever conducted a paranormal investigation on the mansion of "the most wicked man in the world" ? and if not why not? any probability of it happening?

since no one bothered to point it out yet, it was only Jimmy Page that bought Bolskine not Led Zepplin as a whole. Love Crowley though although I found Diary of a Drug Fiend a bore to read. I have a 2 cd collection of his reading spells and chanting and stuff though thats very "interesting" to say the least. But I don't believe in magick so it's all just fairytales to me

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The White House...Why not investigate that? I mean there is a lot of history behind it, if apparently "paranormal" activity sticks to something wouldn't you think every president that has served in the White House would be attached to it?...I mean granted there is a ton of places in the U.S. to investigate, but the history is in DC! I would watch it if it was aired...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i believe investigating the whitehouse might give away some government secrets but look at all the death there. i wonder if dead presidents ghosts squabble over the whitehouse desk. everyone thank you for your replies. i'm really bad at postong links but if you go to wikipedia you can find a good amount of info on aliester crowley. hey about those cd's of crowley chanting and casting spells; are they accompanied by music?

new topics

top topics

join