It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon is Shamanism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This has been a thought process that I have had since I was 9 years old.

Pokemon is based on Shamanism. Let me explain...

You start off by getting your starter Pokemon. This is like your original spirit animal. This is the animal that has been with you your entire life and shows you the ropes of how shamanism works.

You go into the tall grass in order to see, battle, and try to catch Pokemon. This is very similar to going on spirit journeys. When you go into the spirit underworld, there are landscapes such as jungles, forests, and things of that nature. You see spirit animals in this realm, and ones that are interested in you will approach you. You have to gain the trust of the spirit animal in order to get it to join your party.

You befriend Pokemon and carry them around in Pokeballs. This is similar to the concept of containing the essence of a spirit animal in a physical object such as a gemstone, rock, personal belonging...etc.

When you lock eyes with another Pokemon trainer, you send out your Pokemon in a Pokemon battle.
This is similar to once you make eye contact with someone, you basically have a face off with them in a battle of wits. Since spirit animals are parts of yourself, when you make eye contact with someone, your spirit animals are interacting with each other, and at times, battling it out.

In Pokemon, it is your goal to to become a Pokemon Master, similar to how in shamanism, you strive to become a master shaman.

When you look at it this way, it is quite obvious we are all Pokemon Trainers. Once you understand this, Pokemon is in fact real.
YAYYYYY

I find this to be EXTREMELY fascinating, and if you see any more similarities, please share.

Thank you for reading my thread.

edit on 30-9-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: Pika Pika!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
can you define shamanism for me ?

second line

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Pokemon is cockfighting, there is no special back story going on in there.
Just 10 year olds sent into the world alone with a mythical creature that can destroy cities and using said creature to fight other 10 year old's creatures for money and little badges.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Underground Conjecture: The "Pokemon Hypothesis".

12/21/2012 11:11 Do not act blind fool, we can all sense that major changes will take place upon our Earth in short time. The winds of change are in the air. Our planet will enter a capsule of space where the entire construct of reality will shift into a higher vibrational state, possibly a higher dimension, meaning, the frequency of all energy/matter will be heightened. When we enter this high frequency area of space we will slowly notice radical changes, physically and mentally, to the life on Earth. This will result in a variety of new species which will become known as Pokemon, and ultimately fulfill the Pokemon prophecy. We are coming to a cross-road, and our paths must be chosen wisely. Pokemon may be hard to find in present times, but soon enough their presence will be known to all. We cannot escape destiny, nor can we stop it. Soon enough, Pokemon will be all too real, and the crazy man shall be marked sane when it is discovered he held the truth all along.

My years of malicious research lead me to believe the Pokemon anime is based on information retrieved from a Pokedex which unsurprisingly got into the hands of top secret Government organizations. Apparently, they came into possession of this device during the early 50's. Their analysis concluded that it was either from the future or from an alternate dimension because it clearly utilized technology that was far ahead of our own. The rapid increase in the rate of our technological advancement since then has in fact been due to secret compartments of the Government (operated by the "Elite") reverse-engineering that Pokedex. Of course, before they risked damaging the Pokedex they extracted and recorded all the information about Pokemon stored on it. Years later, the Elite decided to produce a television show about Pokemon so that they could unknowingly prepare us for the future... just as long as people didn't know it was real, and as long as it was in cartoon form, it wouldn't be questioned, and there would be no risk of panic and riots. But they were wrong, one day people did question the truth, and they did seek answers, it is people like us that wont be blinded by the lies.

Although the moon stone remains a mystery, I do know Clefairy is connected to the moon in some way. We never get to see the dark side of the moon from Earth, but be wise to the fact that the Government is fully aware that there are considerably advanced lifeforms on the dark side of the moon. Pokemon are the result of evolution. In our current vibrational state, mental and spiritual evolution is restricted for all life on Earth. This high frequency zone will allow us to reach our full potential and drastically change life as we know it. It will provide the vital energy required to stimulate a shift in the awareness of all lesser life forms (animals), and also causing sudden genetic alterations. Pokemon are extremely advanced spiritually, thus they posses great power over the forces... but being spiritually advanced doesn't have anything to do with intelligence... in fact, highly spiritual Pokemon are often so spiritually advanced, precisely because they have a lower intelligence, therefore, they are less critical of reality, and less suggestible by external and self interference, however, still possessing the mind of a self-aware observer.

This is also true for the human species, in the past humans were a very spiritual species, but we have lost that over time as our intelligence has grown, hence we have become blinded by egotism and materialistic perceptions as we lose touch with our past. However, do not be mistaken, because you can have highly intelligent Pokemon with staggering spiritual levels. Pokemon such as Alakazam and Mewtwo are examples. They also tend to have a frightening power over any mind weaker than their own, due to having a combined high intelligence and spiritual level. Some humans will also slowly mutate, forming the humanoid type Pokemon... however, humans will undergo less change than any other species because they have become so blinded by ignorance and greed, unable to admit they were wrong, and unwilling to let go of their ill-founded beliefs... this will greatly lessen the effects of the "shift" on the human species ...however, all humans will become more spiritual by varying degrees, in turn allowing them to form strong spiritual bonds with Pokemon which, only a Pokemon trainer can understand.

Due to the nature of high frequency space, Pokemon will constantly grow more powerful throughout their lifetime. Once their "life force" or "spirit force" reaches a threshold or "critical mass", and the physical body is unable to maintain the current energy level, a new form will be forced upon them, and their body will undergo a sudden transformation, known as an "evolution". It should be said that the DNA of said Pokemon isn't dynamically changing when it evolves, rather, parts of the DNA which were sleeping and going unused, awaken and initialize. Only when a Pokemon possess enough life force, will this sleeping DNA awaken and function, causing the Pokemon to transform. The off-spring of an evolved Pokemon will be born at the lowest level of evolution, they still share their parents DNA, they just haven't initiated all of it yet because they don't have the life force required.

NOTE: Please understand that when I speak of "spirituality" it isn't in a traditional sense. I am talking of something similar, but I don't want any misconceptions arising by my use of that term.

Very interesting topic some how...that above story was written by me obviously, I made a thread similar to this once, which I have linked above. Well, it was actually kind of different to this, but some one did make a post you may find interesting:

Originally posted by Logarock
Pokemon and say Power Rangers are representations of nothing less than high forms of witchcraft if you want to call it that. It comes right out of ancient Babylon. One would be amazed at the similarity with say power ranger characters and costume with a comparison to figures on old Sumerian records. Its just the old story of supermen and women against the gods.

Pokemon is about the manipulation of spirits for personal use. Capturing and controling. Basic witchcraft really.

Did any of you ever play the vido game Crash Bandicoot? War in the underworld as the spirit passes through fighting the bad guys there. Even some of the symbols in that game are right out of underword. The game is a spin off of the old Sumerian and say Maya stories about it.

The folks that made pokemon, power rangers ect could not have created these things without a good understanding of these things.

And another interesting post:

Originally posted by oshdra
reply to post by Logarock

Yeah, now that you mention it, the Pokemon concept its quite similar to the first books of Carlos Castaneda:

-Pokemon VS allies
-Pokeballs carries pokemon --- 'Guajes' to carry allies
-Quest to find them
-Hard Train to be accepted by them
-Make them do your will

As Logarock state, this is general witchcraft...

This is quite an interesting exercise. Change the subject of your logic (whatever to pokemon or yugioh) if you still draw a truth conclusion, then you are not proving anything.

Personally, it always bothers me when i reach what appears to be a "perfect" conclusion, because people everywhere seems so sure about their own "perfect" (but clearly wrong) conclusions. And so I wonder:

How do i know I am not deceiving myself???

Maybe the pokemon madness is a manifestation of a subconscious realization of something missing in the 'official' version of reality.

EDIT: Wow...I guess my self-proclaimed title of "Cosmic Generalist" has really been earned in this case.

edit on 30/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I took a look at your thread. Very interesting!

It looks like a couple of the members there also realized Pokemon relates to real life mystical stuff.

Also, as you can probably tell, I am a HUGE Pokemon fan. haha.

-SES

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I wanted to add another similarity.

In Pokemon, when you encounter a wild Poke, battle music starts up.
Shamanic journeys are usually accompanied by tribal drumming.

What can I say, I like both Pokemon and Shamanism very very much.

I really want to hear your thoughts on this! I think the similarities are uncanny.

-SES

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is a much better way of explaining things! In art from the nerds online who brought you lol cats.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Shamanism for me is to be connected with all aspects of nature and Mother Earth. It is about befriending and understanding aspects of yourself, and using that to your advantage. The spirit animals mentioned in Shamanism, are really just parts of yourself that you are rediscovering.

Think about who you are. Do you have a happy energetic side? An angry side? An calm peaceful side? Shamanism teaches you that you are in control of each of these aspects of yourself, and in order to help yourself, you can attach each of these to a spirit animal. This spirit animal will invoke the personality of that side of yourself... and it helps you isolate it as well as channel it.

Let's say you are exercising and getting tired. Let's say you have befriended the spirit and essence of the wolf. You can channel this energy in order to energize yourself and become one with that animal's strengths.

I know the wolf spirit animal seems cliche... but here comes the best part of shamanism... Customization.

No two wolf spirit animals are the same. If two people have wolf spirit animals, they will vary in size, shape, fur color, eye color, personality... etc. You can even name them, just like how you can give a nickname to a Pokemon in order to make it your own.

I hope that explains the gist of it for you. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

-SES

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah not bad, a big IF but possible. I remember when pokemon and digimon arrived to the UK back in primary school. Took off like a storm and everyone in school was talking about. Digimon on mondays,wednesdays and fridays and pokemon on tuesdays and thursdays I couldnt wait to get back home to watch ITV 1. I still remember the first episode Ash youre gonna be late. I used to know every digimon name as well lol, good times. Where did all the time go?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

if your definition of shamanism is something capable of entrancing me well into my mid twenties, ruining my life with each new release. then yes sir, that sh** be magic!

new topics

top topics

join