It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is Not "Hallowed"!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Was that supposed to be make sense?

..Good effort..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
After watching Zeitgeist for my Samhain I really find myself more and more sure that leaving Christianity years ago was my soul's true salvation. I will continue to send my children out every halloween to come with the utmost certainty neither they nor myself will go to hell. Can not go someplace your mind will never accept as reality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Haha I hope you did too!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

WRONG-
By definition Pagan means "Hill Dweller" before Christianity changed the meaning .
Pagans were the people who lived in the country and were out of style with the cities. So when Christianity became popular the people in the country still celebrated the old ways since they had not been converted. Then the meaning changed to "Heathen" some how. Defy Ignorance,eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Samhain is a time to remember your ancestors and those who have died in the past years and reflect on your love of them and honor them. Being thankful for the harvest and preparing for Winter. I am so sick and tired of biased people who do not research and judge based on what the Pastor says. Lets look at some holidays..

Easter- Jesus comes back after 3 days. Big Christian holiday. Where do the bunnies and eggs come from? It's real name is Ostara. It is an ancient fertility festival to bring in and celebrate New life and ensure a bountiful harvest for later on in the year,

Candlemass- Pagan holiday

Christmas- Yule,Saturnalia, etc. Pagan holiday.Down to Red and Green, Santa Claus, the YULE log, Christmas tree and all.

and so on and so forth.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Thank you for your attempts on trying to illuminate those who dwell in darkness.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well - let's see - - - my little grandchildren - age 3 & 10 dressed up as Superman and a Killer Bee - - - then walked with a group of friends and parents to the Christian church on the corner for "Trunk or Treat".

Yes - the members of that Christian Church - - - park their cars side by side in the parking lot - - with trunks open - - with gifts - candies - games in their car trunks. So kids can have a safe Halloween.

Most 'holidays' have Pagan roots - - which mostly are related to the basics of life: Harvest & Birth.

However - - the Halloween we know today is actually a Christian creation. It all started in the 800s, when the Catholic Church merged two existing Roman festivals called Feralia and Pomona's Day with Samhain, in a successful attempt to replace all three. Pomona's Day was originally a harvest festival in honor of the Roman goddess of fruits and trees; this may explain the tradition of bobbing for apples. Feralia was a day for mourning and remembering the dead.

Christians began celebrating All Saints Day on November 1, with observances beginning at sunset the night before. Among other things, people dressed in costumes as Christian saints to scare away evil spirits, and then went door-to-door, begging for food. Sound familiar? Later on All Soul's Day (a holiday commemorating the dead who were not saints) was added to the mix on November 2. Celebrants took to going from house to house asking for little soul cakes (currant buns) in exchange for praying for the souls of a household's dead.

www.all-about-halloween.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

Just curious, how do you know what God thinks? As God is all powerful do you think He could not talk to ALL people.

Do you see your a false prophet? God, as the Supreme Being, will talk to ALL of us when He wants to, Not when someone, anyone, just says God says "this".

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I read the first 4 pages of this thread and I don't see much "Freedom of Thought" in the OP's posts.

Maybe you should change your name to "Closed Minded Bible Thumper."

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

It means you lose your self and become a robot. A freaking zombie.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join