It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, Here We Come! Congress Approves $19 Billion NASA Budget

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Isn't Mars the place where the elite are building bases in order to have a safe haven if somthing catastrophic happns here on earth?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jganer

Huh???

On a planet without a breathable (for Humans) atmosphere???

Oh, my......

No.....the REAL "bug-out" planetoid is Delta Vega, a companion planet of Vulcan (see the latest "Star Trek" movie).

It's icy, and cold, so bring a coat.

But, good news!!! The Vulcan planetary system isn't that far away!!! Just a few dozen Light Years, a hop, skip and a jump (at "Warp Speed").

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

The darned thing, let's be clear here....it is nothing less than a high-tech version of the old U-2 'spyplane'.

Oh no you di in !
For real ? Seriously?

I mean come on. I've seen you type some crazy stuff before but this...

You can't be serious.

Oh and by the way...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc45c61de0f7.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks to me like it has plenty of room for a person in the "experiment bay". Just slap in a pressurized module and there you go. No need for a pilot, but I don't see any reason you couldn't secretly deploy a spce marine in one of these things.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
I'm sorry to all those Buck Rogers types, but in this economy, this seems absolutely insane.

Originally posted by B.Morrison
couldn't we be feeding some starving humans with that money or shouldn't we at least try to develop a healthy coexistance with this planet before we go f*ck up another one...?

Oh for crying out loud

I can't believe the level of ignorance I see at ATS these days
19 billion and you getting mad? Why not cry about something that should REALLY get you mad? I get so tired of people making this "feed the people' red herring when at the same time no one even bats an eyelash at stuff that is posted everywhere

..... I was aware of everything you posted, I'm just realistic and realize we aren't likely to ever see that money again (missing trillions), on the other hand, NASA and alien related activities is going ballistic at the moment which suggests to me that since the new distraction will be false flag alien events....we should be fixing these long standing EASY TO FIX problems before tackling mars, and if we did fix these easy to solve issues they wouldn't keep popping up to annoy you would they?

-B.M

edit on 1/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
My bad you said "But these are all cargo vessels" I guess I missed the part where you said "except the space plane that had no room for a pilot"

When I said "these are all cargo vessels" I was referring to the ATV, HTV, Dragon, Cygnus and Progress spacecrafts. The X-37b was not mentioned along with those other spacecrafts in that part of my post. My comment towards it was separate. And like weedwacker pointed out, its cargo bay is tiny and it's obviously not designed for that task.

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
It looks to me like it has plenty of room for a person in the "experiment bay". Just slap in a pressurized module and there you go. No need for a pilot, but I don't see any reason you couldn't secretly deploy a spce marine in one of these things.

That pressurized module would need life support systems, waste management systems, room for water and food, a computer at the very least. All that in a cargo bay that's 2.1 m x 1.2 m (7 ft x 4 ft). I think not.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

No it wouldn't. How many trips to the bathroom do you need to take or how many meals do you need to eat when you're just taking a quick trip to a/the space station?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker CHANGING orbit, when 'on' orbit, reguires a change in Delta V (velocity) and that requires thrust, and thrust requires fuel.

PFFFT a little stop over at Boeing's Space Gas Station... get all the fuel you want

(ps....how'm I doing, so far??? Are the 'MIB' tracking my activities yet????)

Pretty lousy... to many 'ifs' in that statement. I am positive you have nothing the MIB's would want to see you about

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jganer
Isn't Mars the place where the elite are building bases in order to have a safe haven if somthing catastrophic happns here on earth?

Who knows? We don't! Its up to the individual to put the pieces together.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I find this thread rather jovial and I'll explain why. On the UFO threads, it's claimed that our US Gov has UFO Technology and flies around the country in Black Triangles and Saucers. And then on this thread, it's back to the old rocket thrusters for travel to Mars. I'm sorry guys but you can't have it both ways. Those UFO's flying up there are ours, yet we can't get to Mars for another decade in this thread. Can we make up our minds on this? If the UFO's are ours, why would we need the Space Shuttle Program?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The 19 billion dollars is entirely unremarkable. Please do not swallow rhetoric as fact.

19 Billion represents 0.5% of the federal budget. This is a lower in year spend on NASA than at any time since 1960. Every administration in every year between 1960 and now (regardless of politics) assigned a larger % of the national budget to space than this year. In the apollo years it was much bigger peaking at 4.4% in 1966.

On terms of national importance of effort it is way way down, helped by the fact that the average man in the street has no idea where his money goes and thinks 19 billion sounds huge. On the basis of the effort alone its unreasonable to expect any more progress than has been achieved in the last 20 years......

The size of the money pot was not the story though. The fight was over what its spent on. For the most part the money has been wasted by an inefficient bureaucracy. Its been as much a social welfare program as anything. The intent was to try and focus the money into areas where it would do some good and put large areas of the bureaucracy to the sword.

Unfortunately corrupt politicians on both sides of the political divide united to defend the share of the pork. Its not a total loss but I wouldn't expect an radical change to result.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Not everybody has the same opinions. One person says one thing and another person says another... AND!? So what? You can't take anyone seriously because evryone doesn't belive the same things ?

It's posts like yours that make me want to write something that the mods would delete

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

that, was an excellent point. I agree with you, If we have UFO's on earth (which apparently we do) then at least SOME if not ALL are human piloted. I have no doubts that some of the earlier alien abductions were the government also, for their various human experimentation projects. which begs the question, if there were false UFO/alien encounters in the 40-70's era, then surely the technology must have come a long way since then?

It would seem if they had UFO's they would use them, and if they needed space shuttles they must not have UFO's,

or alternatively, they use the shuttles to cover for the existence of UFO's as for reasons beyond our understanding - keeping the UFO's secret was more important then investing dead money in obsolete technology....??

-B.M

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Not convinced that there are any human UFOs (by which I mean reverse engineered alien craft).

However, if there were, its unlikely they could ever be acknowledged without major geopolitical ructions. The world would demand access to the technology and the USA would find itself a sanctioned international pariah if it didn't want to pass it on.

In that context a space program to nowhere makes perfect sense. The money involved is chicken feed in terms of overall expenditure. You can fit 3 NASAs in the DoD black budget.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK, smart guy.....

PFFFT a little stop over at Boeing's Space Gas Station... get all the fuel you want ....

So....Boeing has an ORBITING (as you say, "Space Gas Station") that NO ONE, not amateur, nor professional astronomer, who ALL track the satellites (sometimes by the naked eye, even) has ever spotted????

OK...I won't be buying that bridge in Brooklyn you have for sale, either......at least the BRIDGE is obvious in sunlight....as are satellites, as they orbit, and are exposed to direct sunlight. The Sun doesn't go away just by hiding your head under the covers.......

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

awesome post though it would have been better if you stated WHY you don't believe we have reverse engineered craft...I would especially love to hear your thoughts after you google about the lazer cut pillars in the osirion temple at egypt that we cannot replicate with today's technology....there's obviously a lot of time to fill between then & now...I'm simply suggesting why I don't find it so hard to believe at all...also theres the crazy guy from the 'a machine to die for:the quest for free energy' who had an implant sticking out of his forehead & was building UFO's that more or less aligned with what was described by Stan Deyo, for what its worth...corroborating evidence from sources independent of each other...one claims government sources for info the other claims the implant in his head tells him how to build them....interesting to say the least...

also, because people keep mentioning it, I accept that the proposed budget is but a drop of water in the oceans, but that doesn't at all change the fact that 19 billion dollars SHOULD be spent cleaning up the great pacific garbage pile, or the oil, or giving homes to the millions of india's homeless, or feeding the africans...y'know...all that good stuff
especially seeing as NASA is just a bunch of money eating bollocks anyway...

dunno how i'd go without instant coffee though......*secretly thanks nasa scientists*.....

-B.M

P.S) not a fan of the DoD either...apparently the largest budgets in the world are the U.S military & industrial complex budgets...

Also, that was a great post of yours on the figures, put some things in perspective, still think there are better uses for the money though.

edit on 2/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
It would seem if they had UFO's they would use them, and if they needed space shuttles they must not have UFO's,

The boss drives a Cadillac to work and has a Ferrari for weekends.. YOU barely can keep gas in your old clunker... but we still need trucks...

Regular workers tend to talk a lot... if you want to keep your fancy mars express spaceship a secret, you let the workers take the shuttle

edit on 2-10-2010 by zorgon because: Top Secret Majic Eyes Only

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Thanks. Thought it would be useful to put the numbers in perspective.

I'd rather not get into the position of arguing disbelief in something. Trying to argue a negative is a mugs game. Too often on this site its people with fixed beliefs shouting at each other with their fingers in their ears. :-)

I acknowledge theres a whole lot of weirdness out there. I'm aware of the great pyramids weirdness terms of its precision (reading hancocks stuff and timothy goods stuff is what sparked my interest in the less mainstream topics in the first place).

I just cant say i've come across anything yet thats convinced me sufficiently to accept as undeniable fact that Aliens are here or we are riding around in reverse engineered craft. (or indeed anti gravity craft invented by people).

I'll accept either as a possibility for the purposes of discussion.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sorry, just realised I only half answered you post. I forgot this bit.

"also, because people keep mentioning it, I accept that the proposed budget is but a drop of water in the oceans, but that doesn't at all change the fact that 19 billion dollars SHOULD be spent cleaning up the great pacific garbage pile, or the oil, or giving homes to the millions of india's homeless, or feeding the africans...y'know...all that good stuff especially seeing as NASA is just a bunch of money eating bollocks anyway..."

Have to respond to this. I hear this from people all the time when I complain about the lack of space progress. IMHO its a flawed premise. The majority of the great evils in the world are social in their root cause. They cannot be fixed through the application of american money. The problem is people and theres no technological fix for that. Unless we wish to go the way of the dinosaurs we need control of the solar system and eventually beyond. In terms of species survival its a much better investment then any of the suggestions you list.

Africans are starving due to poor governance. Africa should be a rich continent. Its resource rich. Its just that the wealth goes into the swiss bank accounts of whatever crook is in charge that day. We could fix the problem but thats called colonialism and its frowned upon nowadays. Without fixing the problem you are only raising another generation who will also starve and need a handout. Even the advanced african nations like Nigeria are corrupt as hell. Only africans can fix africa.

Indias homeless are a disgrace but its a deliberate choice of indian society. India is a rising superpower democracy but would rather build aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines and host international sporting events than raise its slums out of poverty. Child labour is culturally acceptable in india and is the norm. This will take time to resolve. It can only be solved by the evolution of indian cultural norms over time. Cash wont do it.

The oil slick is the responsibility of BP. That needs no government money. The trash thing in the sea isn't resolvable unless people change. That needs political capital not financial. I'd like to see a politician with the balls to make america go green under duress. He wouldn't last long.

If you make expansion into space contingent on solving the worlds social ills we will be going nowhere and we are all simply marking time till extinction. The money is only mis-spent if its not achieving anything and that goes back to what I said in my first post about bureaucracy and pork barrel politics.

I'll shut up now .... :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dont come crying back to me when your shuttle gets squished by a 150 mile giant
just joking, thats wiked, finally there starting to move on to other plannets

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join