It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Recent Cattle Mutilation Cases in Georgia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

20 Recent Cattle Mutilation Cases in Georgia

www.wsbtv.com

"The Coopers said they believe someone is poisoning their cattle then mutilating them in the middle of the night.

"It's almost like a surgically removed cut," Kathy said."

... "Investigators said they’re stumped because the culprits don't even leave behind any footprints.""
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have not heard of cattle mutilations like this around Georgia.
I thought it might be a good idea to post to get this out there, as, to my knowledge most of the cases are out West.

Does Georgia even have the same sort of natural predation that this could be blamed on? The weather is different, more humid, for sure.

www.wsbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.ajc.com...
More info, longer article, from AJC- says 'the poison can't be identified'....(so how do they know the cows are poisoned?)

edit on 30-9-2010 by hadriana because: fixing link to ajc article

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Depends on which part of Georgia.
The largest predator in the south part would be the coyote. In the North, perhaps a bear.

The weather is among the worst imaginable without going into extremes. High humidity & hot days with little breeze. Winters (south) hardly ever snows, and is usually wet for the most part.

I ran across a calf once when we were four-wheeling around a field. It was 100 yards or so from the pasture, outside the fence. It had been slit open, and also it's brain had been removed. I later learned that it was a vet practice to remove certain organs and the brain for testing of some sort.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

There are Florida Panthers/Cougars in South Georgia. There have been some local news reports lately about attacks on cattle. They could easily make surgical cuts in cattle. Usually it is identified pretty quickly though, so this report may be something else. Just saying, coyotes are not the top of the predator chain here on the FL/GA line.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why don't they put a camera in the field for crying out loud? This cow was number 20 , the Op says. How come they didn't start filming the pasture the night after cow mutilation #1?

I was born and raised in Georgia, and cattle mutilations are not something I've ever heard people talking about here before.
It's funny these folks are offering an award on any information which could lead to an arrest... imagine getting a warrant out for the large disc shaped saucer that keeps messing with your cows

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There are Florida Panthers/Cougars in South Georgia.
They could easily make surgical cuts in cattle.

Are you serious? You gotta be joking right? Panthers, cougars making surgical cuts in cattle?
Sorry but you forgot to mention that they never leave any blood and paw prints on the ground while at it!!!

This comment was either a very bad joke or you been brain washed by the explanations of the media real well.........

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

There are Florida Panthers/Cougars in South Georgia. There have been some local news reports lately about attacks on cattle. They could easily make surgical cuts in cattle. Usually it is identified pretty quickly though, so this report may be something else. Just saying, coyotes are not the top of the predator chain here on the FL/GA line.

I think in most cases of animal mutilation, other animals won't touch the carcass. Predators that would normally feast on a dead animal won't touch it in these cases.

The only other instances of animals passing up a free meal that I've ever heard of are when presented with genetically modified foods. Animals just won't eat the stuff. See where I'm going with this? Have these cows been genetically modified somehow?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this before, cattle suddenly dying, being mutilated?

Not being a UFO nerd or anything, but has this not happened before in the US?? Just asking, if it was a fake then I will eat my words lol.

But it is funny this comes out with all the Press conferenced on Exterrestial Beings, or UFO's visiting Earth, etc.

I know deny ignorance, but this is a copy cat incident dont you think.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

According to that AJC article, it's been going on for a year.
Now, I live in NWGA, and we have coyotes here for sure. Black bears too.
I don't hear of a lot of UFO sightings in Georgia though. There are some, but I watch that MUFON map and for every 60 or something you see out west, you might see one here, and usually it looks like it's close to Dobbins AFB.

I do notice a lot of UFO sightings that have happened in Georgia are around mid June. Maybe because people get out that time of year? UFOs are not really much discussed around here, in my experience. Even when there IS a glaring UFO story in the mail, folks ignore it. It doesn't fit in with the protestant Bible belt mentality. JMO

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
We can all agree this is definitely not predators, right (unless they now have medical degrees)? This has happened before but as someone else said usually in the western US - I think I heard that New Mexico had several incidents at one time and because of the way the mutilations were performed and no evidence found there was talk of UFO's/ET's. Not sure if there was ever a sighting near a mutilation or not - perhaps I will research that. I would suggest cameras in the field but not obviously as you want those who did this to return and be caught.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

So should I eat my comments now? LOL

Or wait until I have had a few responces?

Why would someone go about and clinically cut serverly, body parts of cattle, it is mind boggling, or are they doing this for Clone purposes.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by hadriana

So should I eat my comments now? LOL

Or wait until I have had a few responces?

Why would someone go about and clinically cut serverly, body parts of cattle, it is mind boggling, or are they doing this for Clone purposes.

www.crystalinks.com...
www.aliendave.com...
ufos.about.com...

Cattle mutilations have become so common in New Mexico that now they are rarely reported.

CX

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember we had a lot of horse attacks here in the UK a few years ago, some of the details were pretty disturbing...

'Full moon' attacks on horses and ponies baffle owners: A series of horrifying assaults over the last 15 years has reached a new peak, shocking horse-lovers in Hampshire.

It was suggested that the attacks may have been carried out by some sort of cult, maybe into witchcraft or satanism. Another theory was that it could even have been someone who worked with horses.

Pretty sick whoever it was.

CX.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It could also be the caes that there is People living within that region looking for food to fead thermselves. Since they do not get any government help, they are left to defend for themselves.

Any reports off homlesseness in the region or so called illegal immigrants?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It could also be the caes that there is People living within that region looking for food to fead thermselves. Since they do not get any government help, they are left to defend for themselves.

Huh?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Why don't they put a camera in the field for crying out loud? This cow was number 20 , the Op says. How come they didn't start filming the pasture the night after cow mutilation #1?

Excactly - would be a big help.

I got a trail cam on my property here in OZ cause we get lots of wild dogs /dingos ...

The following is a FOIA file covering this issue: Cattle Mutilation Investigation - FBI Files

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh please! I live right down the road from this place... there aren't people making surgical incisions in order to eat the genitals of cows and leave the rest of the beef on the ground! Especially not because of lack of food!

Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A steer has 4-5 gallons of blood. Where is the blood going?

Anyone who has seen an injury with profuse bleeding can attest to the fact that just a few ounces of blood makes a big mess. It is obvious, sticky, smelly and doesn't soak intop the ground like water would because of clotting agents.

What's happening to gallons of blood from these animals?
To saveit would take a basin or tarp but those are awkward and would still make a mess. The other solutions would be some source of suction (why harvest the blood?) or actually doing the harvesting of organs and blood in a different place entirely and then dumping the carcass. No tracks or trails are being found though and a cadaver that weighs a third to half of a ton isn't easy to move to begin with.

Surgical cuts, predation and other ideas are all fairly debatable but the logistics involved in a job like this go way beyond a wild animal or someone doing it alone.

Game cams are a lot cheaper than losing cattle.

I think I'd be investing in some surveillance.

edit on 30-9-2010 by badgerprints because: You don't know do you?

MBF

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, I had some fools shoot my cows. I couldn't figure out what the problem was right away, but I lost 25 head this way. That's a pile of money for me. There are panthers and black bears in our area. I have seen panthers and friends have told me that they have seen black bears too. I have seen large parts of cow carcasses that were a long way from the rest of the carcass and they were too heavy for a coyote to move.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OK, to clarify my earlier comment, I'm not saying Panthers actually make surgical cuts, I'm saying they have very sharp and powerful claws that could appear to be cuts to an untrained eye. But, what others have said is true, the Panthers would certainly leave blood behind.

As for the question of where is the blood. If the animal was already dead before the cut, then it wouldn't bleed.

BTW, loved the comment about the warrant for disc shaped objects harrassing cattle!!

And, I too have had cattle shot for no reason! Sometimes people get out in the pasture areas and they think it is fun to just randomly shoot at cows? I guess they don't realize 1. that it is a living creature, and 2. that it is someones property, and 3. that it is a significant economic investment that is being destroyed!

Not that long ago, and even today in some states, it was legal to use lethal force in defending your cattle!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join