It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emanuel leaving White House on Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Rahm Emanuel will resign as White House chief of staff on Friday. NBC News has confirmed that Pete Rouse, senior advisor to President Barack Obama, will be named as successor — likely on an interim basis.

It is still unclear who will take over the position permanently.

"The president will have a personnel announcement tomorrow," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said in a press conference Thursday. "We will save the specifics for then."

source

Will He run for Office in Chicago? Is he facing prosecution? Has he become a political liability? Why is Rahm stepping down now? The midterm elections must have a lot to do with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

ok ditching chieff of staff just to become a mayor.......hmmmmmm

looks like to me the rat is jumping off a sinking ship i wonder in the greater historical context how many chief of staffs quit only after 2 years.

never liked the guy so i cant say im sorry to see him go i wonder how many "crisis in chicago that he wont let to go to waste:

edit on 30-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Emanuel is leaving to run for Mayor of Chicago. I imagine White House Chief of Staff is a horrendously stressful job so handling Chicago may look like a walk in the park comparatively. It would also give him a chance at hands-on governing rather than advising.

New York Times

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Too bad legally Emanuel cannot run for mayor.

He has no residence there.

Oh wait a minute, what does doing something lawfully have anything to do with politicians.

Nevermind, nothing to see here, walk away.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This from Boortz.....man I hope he's not right.

" The person whom many believe will rise to be his next right-hand person will be Valerie "rule from day one" Jarrett. Insights into the Obama White House indicate that Obama relies solely on a close group of people he knows intimately. He is not one for outsiders. This would make Jarrett the obvious choice seeing as she is described as "Obama's longtime mentor and friend ... She has deep and personal ties to the president, as well as undivided loyalties, and can talk honestly to him on a first-name basis."

"But know this about Valerie Jarrett. She is the Obama official who came out with this infamous quote from the Obama campaign: We will be ready to "take power and rule from day one." That mentality may well be what Obama seeks for advice and guidance on a day-to-day basis. We have elected a ruler, not a leader." boortz.com...

So even though he's not elligable to run for Maayor, he'll do it anyways? Does this make him off the hook for the illegal stuff he's already done in office? There seems to be too many unanswered questions surrounding this.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I agree, and it doesn't look like we will be getting those answers anytime soon. Looks like its business as usual in D.C., with Hope and Change becoming just another Bait and Switch.

new topics

top topics

join