It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lawrenceburg ky bigfoot and my observations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Click the link to the map or my post wont make any sense.

For once i might be one of the few that actually knows the most about this subject for this area but heres my observations on the local legend. The Map attached shows the outs skirts of lawrenceburg KY where sightings of a big hairy like creature have been reported over the years. The first Red dot is a sighting that happened in 1993 where a father and son were hunting and spotted the creature. Their story can be found on several websites and has been on monster quest as well as wildman of ky.

The set of two red dots is the location of cedar brook bridge home of the legendary howlie, howdy, red eyed creature that has supposedly been sighted by various teens over the years. Most of the reports of seeing it have come from frightened teens and have been written off to be teens having a little to much to drink or drugs.

The set of three dots is the location of my sighting, it was a warm summer day of 2006 my kids and i were fishing in small pool from a creek off of harry wise rd. It stepped out of the tree line about 25ft away and at first It looked like a large man in brown carhartt coveralls. The whole thing lasted less then a minute, it stood there and starred at us. I looked over at my daughter and she was pale white she saw it too, when i looked back it was gone it had stepped back into the trees just a stealthily as it stepped out of them. This is not the first time ive seen this creature , Once in the summer of 1990 but i dismissed it as me seeing things. Then i saw it again two years ago in a treeline, all of the sightings have been close to the set of three red dots. There have been numerous other times other family members have heard what i believe to be its strange howls. As well as a few sites where trees have been scratched up as high as 7 feet in the air like something was dulling its claws. There was a peak of strange activity in the late 80's where there seemed to be allot of activity however at that time there where people living off of bailys run and after they left the sightings quit of course.

The set of four dots is another area where the creature was spotted, i think its listed bfro's web site as a wildcat rd sighting.

The blue dot is a large water drainage tunnel ( maybe 7ft plus high ) that runs under US 127 then dumps out onto the farm where the first sighting i mentioned was. The red line is a crude marker for something that isnt on most maps, a creek named baileys run which is the creek my kids and i where fishing in. The creek isnt on newer maps because it runs dry quite often however when it isnt dry is when sightings seem to happen and nightly howls can be heard.

As a kid i hiked up and down this creek several times and its quite easy to go from one sighting location to another without being seen as there are no houses or roads you really need to cross. So you have a few miles of area that no one inhabits or even bothers to go to unless its deer season and on each end you have a river. The kentucky river on one end and salt river on the other which salt river is not much of a river but its still called one. It seems extremely plausible that what i and others have seen could reside and eat well in this environment and go undetected with little to no effort. An animal traveling up and down a stream not only makes sense but its fairly common behavior and from ive noticed its rare in any bigfoot sighting for it to be to far from a body of water, streams seem to be a common point.From my observations as well as another s this creature is more active this time of year early fall has anyone ever noticed any correlation with this season and sightings in other areas?

The black dot on the map is panther rock which was featured recently in the movie/documentary "wild man of Kentucky". Not a bad flick but it had to much cgi for me , it needed a little bit more meat. I may be one of the few people still alive that know where all the different caves are at panther rock and many of them could be used for shelter. I do not recommend anyone attempt to go out to panther rock as it is private property and if you have never been there it is extremely easy to walk off the main cliff as the horizons blend well.

edit on 30-9-2010 by minniescar because: i edited the post to include the map image

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have described what I saw in another thread, but I saw something quite like what you saw.

I saw what i describe as a 7 foot, muscled man wearing a grey sweat suit. And what it did was by far the most athletic move I have ever seen anything do.

If you look for it, keep firmly in your mind that you simply want to understand. You dont want to harm it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am from Ky and have heard of the big guy many times. I have never seen him but I have talked to others who have. They did not give the details as well as what I have read here, the just sounded scared when they talked about it. Thanks very much for bringing this to light - I truly believe Big Foot exists, maybe there is a Mrs. Big Foot.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well from what i can tell whatever the creature is its definitely more active this time of year. Twice last week a i heard the distinctive yell whenever this creature is out on the prowl. Illl see if i can find someway to catch the sound and record it then post it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minniescar

I lived in Lexington for a couple of years back in the 80's beautiful place,I have never seen a bigfoot before but would love to,why don't you try and leave it a gift of food or something and see if you can get a picture of it?or maybe try and get scrapings from the tree for evidence?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

In 1970, in Washington State; i was approached by a very large greyish, white(siver) bigfoot creature as i was leaning up against a picture window in my livingroom. It stood right on the other side of the window, looking at me as i was watching TV. He just stood there, and when it turned around to see him, he was just staring intently into my eyes. I will never forget that day, as long as i live, and then i saw a youngster about six wks later, run by a different window of the same house, and it was the same silvery color. They both had long, almost silky,looking hair; not matted. It looked almost groomed. They both had long beards...the adult's being longer than the youngster. There were many, many incidences on and around that area for many years.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I live in Logan County, Kentucky.

Before I was born, my late father saw something similar to a Bigfoot. While out in the woods he encountered the creature. Took several shots at it with his pistol; in response, it "grunted" and walked over a fence, and walked away.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minniescar

so you know were bailey run is i own the farm and the creek and yes red eyes have been seen back here i have lived here for 20 years and it has never hurt me i hear things and see things but this is home to me there is a lot of orbs in pictures that i take to and i don't want a lot of people in my woods if you don't get my permission stay out!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bumping this to read later because it came up in my seach for the story of Panther Rock.

I live like 40 miles from there and was just made aware of this buy this documentary about it.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I think it's time you made a field trip!!

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: Groot

I think it's time you made a field trip!!

I am planning on moving there!

LOL !

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's kind of cheesy and not much of a budget, but a very interesting story I plan to investigate .

sasquatchchronicles.com...

top topics

join