It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President denounces 'coup attempt' in Ecuador

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Q+A-Risks to Ecuador oil, mining sectors amid unrest
(Reuters) - Police protesters attacked Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa over austerity measures on Thursday, leaving the leftist leader holed up in a hospital and plunging the OPEC nation into political chaos.
(LINK)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It seems like a civil war here, police against military

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The coup failed, I am relieved...

We havent heard the last of this tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Let me get this straight, You guys are now saying that our LIBERAL controlled government staged a right-wing uprising in Ecuador? You guys have some serious problems.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Amazonian Parliament President said there is no doubt that the U.S. government is behind the attempted coup in Ecuador, as happened in Honduras in June 2009...

USA is beind the coup?

He reported coup attempt is a conspiracy ''that seeks to cover up in wage demands.''
-

err
could be?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Phew... just left Ecuador few weeks ago, would never have imagined something like this to take place. Will be keeping a close eye on how things unfold as my dad is currently living there, although fortunately in the southern half where the violence has yet to be felt.

From my personal experience in the country though, one thing I'm confident about is the large majority of the people's support for their president.

S & F

edit on 1/10/10 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Is always very funny how "gringos" and people living in Europe think they always know what happens here in South America.

Is so #ing easy to support assholes like Correa, Evo, Chavez, Ortega living comfortable in the first world.

Btw, in the last electiones here in Venezuela to our parlament, last week, Chavez and his cronnies got 48% of the votes, we the "right wing paid by the CIA" got 51% of the votes, we are now the majority, but Chavez made gerrymanding, so he with 48% of the votes got 97 seats in Parlament and we with more votes 51% got 68.

Yes, power to the people, just like when Bush won to Gore with less votes.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Results were :

PSUV : 48.13%
Unidad Nacional : 47.22%
Patria Para Todos : 3.14%

Patria Para Todos is right-wing now ?
I must have missed that part.

Voice your opinion, talk about your experience, explain your disagreements, propose solutions but don't resort to blatant lies.
I don't know about the gerrymandering other than it's very common in the so-called first world too. Were the Entidades Federales changed ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Let me get this straight, You guys are now saying that our LIBERAL controlled government staged a right-wing uprising in Ecuador? You guys have some serious problems.

You're joking right?

So I guess when our left-wing government under Kennedy and Johnson waged war against the Communism in Vietnam that was insane as well? The Left-Right doesn't matter in America because both sides are Capitalists, if there is a froce in the world who is strong willed and opposes capitalism we will do anything in our power to get rid of him.

edit on 10/1/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join