It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan cuts NATO supply line after border firing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Pakistan cuts NATO supply line after border firing

www.google.com

Pakistan blocked a vital supply route for U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan on Thursday in apparent retaliation for an alleged cross-border helicopter strike by the coalition that killed three Pakistani frontier soldiers.

The blockade appeared to be a major escalation in tensions between Pakistan and the United States.

A permanent stoppage of supply trucks would place massive strains on the relationship between the two countries and hurt the Afghan war effort. Even a short halt is a reminder of the leverage Pakistan has over the United States at a crucial time in the 9-year-old war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.debka.com

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Now this is a development worth keeping tabs on. We know the relationship between the US and Pakistan has been fragile for a while and increased drone attacks has escalated to direct NATO attacks by helicopter over the border, and they've now apparently killed Pakistani troops.

Presumably this is all about the foiled attack on London, France and Germany used as a pretext to escalate the war into Pakistan, so NATO can destroy the 150 or so training camp villages in that region when the Pakistani Taliban take revenge.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-9-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I knew this was gonna happen and it happened, very interesting.

As I said, this more about China, than Pakistan. China is flexing its muscle against US and its ally India, hence US is currently in a weak state, mentally and physically, its troops are too widely spread, and has an imminent collapse which China can see.

The Island dispute, the Kashmir escalation, and this is all connected.

The US is no in position to do anything, the only thing left is for a coup, the usual thingy the Western nations do, but this coup knowingly will bring a civil war in Pakistan, if accomplished, but if it fails, US is doomed.

Let's see if US takes that last measure against Pakistan..

If not, they better pack their bags and leave.

LONDON: may be on the brink of a military coup, the country's former military ruler Parvez Musharraf has warned,

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Just when I said it, I checked in Google, and it seems to be true, they are trying it, but whether it works or not is up to the Pakistani government and China.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is a relevant article about how crucial the supply lines are in keeping the massive Afghanistan army afloat.

uruknet.info...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Here is a relevant article about how crucial the supply lines are in keeping the massive Afghanistan army afloat.

uruknet.info...

I saw before that somewhere around 70% of supplies come through Pakistan.

If that number is true, damn, what is the next option? It is either the north, or the south, if the south is gone, they have to bring their supplies through the north?

top topics

join