It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost animals,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I've often wondered why ghostly animals mainly only come in the form of dogs and cats. Why not insects? Why aren't roads infested with the spirits of animals that died horribly by being run over? Makes one wonder if they are really the spirits of these animals at all. But then native americans believed in many different animal spirits. Perhaps it's what humans reflect into them that makes them spirits.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In an old flat of mine, a friend bent down to pet a cat she thought I'd just got but when she asked where he'd gone I told her I didn't have one, and in the same house, I was sitting in in the dark on a sofa by the window, and I heard like a cats 'BRRP!' greeting like my old cat used to give me and felt something jump on the sofa arm and settle down next to me.

Very recently, like two weeks ago, I leapt out of my skin after seeing what I thought was a large black animal crawling across the floor through the doorway towards me. When I looked properly, there was nothing there.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

A Poultrygeist?

OMFGROFLMAOBBQ!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I have seen ghosts, but they were not cat or dog.

Live ghost?
For almost 3 years I was awoken four or five times a month, one minute before my alarm went off
Kitkat, was a large farrow gray cat who would wake me at 4:29. He would be standing on my chest with his nose an inch away from mine. I would wake up look to the clock and... 4:29.

This cat was extraordinary. He would catch a moth in his mouth and then release it (via the kitty door) into the center of the living room. If it was raining, he would bring an earthworm to the same spot and gently lay it down.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A few years ago I made a thread about what had happened to me. Seven years ago one of my cats died. I was terribly upset and asked to I don't know who to show me him if there is an afterlife. That night I suddenly woke up. I saw my deceased cat on the bed, but also sort of sticking out in the air. I recognized him immediately only to realize that he was dead. I mustered up my courage and touched him! Yes he was there indeed! Now his brother was on my bed as well and looking. My other cat never gets on the bed and has a different profile (he was sitting with his side to me). I know what it is to hallucinate and this was as real as sitting here typing this text. Anyway after touching him I fell back on my pillow and fell asleep immediately. During this encounter I felt the presence of two entities, one on each side of me. Somehow they felt like the statures on Easter Island, difficult to explain.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

A question I have asked as well. I think that indeed the universe is a hologram: both the holographic plate and the holographic projection. The latter is what we perceive as the normal world. I think that after death you are turned into the implicate order, the holographic plate. The more conscious you are the more power you have over what you do (I mean while being dead, but it also of course applies to when you're alive). So all the dead insects are recycled into "insectness" yet cats and dogs are used to being loved by their owners (I am not talking about the (*&((holes that abuse animals) and after death they still want that.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Me and some friends were out in the country one night spotlighting deer to see how many we could count.We counted some in one field and continud down the road and turned into a gravel road barely big enough for our car. Then we stopped about halfway down that road before the run around and turn the spot light on in the field we didnt see anything and we looked at the other field and then took back off to the turn around. We got to the turn around got out of the car smoked a cig and then left. Well as we was driving down the road i held the spotlight out of the window and i turned it on and a deer that had a little glow to it i think it was from the fog and the light but it ran across the field i told my friend to stop the car and it ran to the road and leaped across the road.I had the spotlight on it then entire time but as soon as its front hooves touched ground on the other side it dissappeared but it was more of a fade out type of dissappear. My friend got real pale it was definitely a ghost cause we sat there for a few minutes shining the spot light into the field on the side of the road where the deer landed and faded out, but we didnt see anything. So it definitely dissappeared.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Actually I have. Its a fun story. Though it wasn't funny at the time.lol

I stayed at the Lizzie Borden B&B with my mum. I didn't believe in ghosts at the time, or at least I hadn't made up my mind. I thought it was of historical signifigance and nothing else. As we did the tour when we arrived, I started hearing all the ghost stories and got creeped out. IN fact, there are actually additional incidents that happened there that aren't related to the murders, like a little girl dying who was sensed by a psychic. The family never knew until the psychic kept saying that there was bad mojo in the attic and she kept seeing a little girl. It took a lot of research to find out that a little girl died on the property. I forgot the cause. So the place is just cursed.

Well we stayed in the parents bedroom. The step mothers dressing room was converted to an attached bedroom, and I stayed in there. I kept the light on(yes I was being a weenie) and I was reading the guestbook.
People actually stay there on their honeymoon, now that is devotion.
I held the club they left there for nervous nellies. I was just as worried about the two men from Indiana staying there.

Anywhoo, some people experienced stuff, others didn't and were dissappointed. Lizzie you did it, Lizzie you didn't do it.
I finally convinced myself to go to sleep, and I thought a cat jumped on the bed. Now those of you who have cats know what I am talking about, They jump up at the foot of the bed and curl around your feet.
I thought: I must of thought I was at home for a second. How silly.

The next morning we went to have breakfast. They serve the same thing the Bordens ate before they were hacked. (you still have real breakfast options, people don't eat mutton and broth for breakfast here anymore) and the night manager asked if anyone saw anything. The guys from Indiana gave a dissappointed no.

My mum then said no, but then said: but a strange thing happened, as I was falling asleep, I thought one of my cats jumped on the bed. I must of thought I was back home for a moment.

The night manager said: oh yea, that happens quite frequently. What most people dont' know about the Lizzie Borden case, is that her step-mother's cat was found beheaded in the basement the day before the murders. So people unknowingly get visited by the ghost cat.

I got goosebumps and my jaw dropped, My eyes slid over to my mother and I just stared at her.

I then rushed breakfast and was like: gotta go! A lot of sight seeing to do.

We got in the car and my mother was like: what is the matter with you?? *laughs*

I am not afraid of ghosts, not a lot anyways.I have several in my own home. But they are relatives. But if I wasn't about to stick around for a headless ghost cat and murderers.

But that night certainly changed my mind about my beliefs. If my mother hadn't confirmed the story, I still probably wouldn't believe, and I would of never heard the cat story from the manager.

Smart cat for not having a head.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

How much time do you spend on roadsides? I don't spend much time on I-70. For one its illegal. And for two, I dont' want to end up like the deer.

But that can be easily explained. If you see a deer bounding in the woods, at night and in headlights, most likely you couldnt' tell if it was a ghost, deer, raccoon, etc. You would think it was a regular animal.

Secondly. domesticated animals are intertwined with people. So your not gonna have a ghost possum wandering through your living room. It would wander in nature where you would never see it.

And I accidently killed my son's hamster a few months ago. I am horrible, I know. But if I couldn't find it for three days, how exactly would I find its ghost. Its a hamster, even in ghost form the little fella would be running in closets and chewing on something.

RIP Pudgey

BTW, the Native Americans have plenty of stories about animal spirits.Whats the difference between an animal spirit and a ghost? And I am not being facetious.

edit on 3-10-2010 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Interesting theory, and sort of makes sense doesn't it? Thanks for throwing that out there.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Interesting... but I would think since many animals die horribly on the road there would be a lot of paranormal activity associated with roads where animals die on a regular basis. The poster who said they witnessed a deer 'fade out' is a good example, so maybe it does happen, but as you said maybe we just don't notice it.

Incidentally, my family has it's own experience with the spirit of our cat that died a couple of decades ago. My mother would swear right after it died that sometimes she could feel it winding around her feet as it did when it was alive and wanted to be petted and it creeped her out quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I can tell you my personal belief, but that is it.

I believe that animals have souls, but not in the same sense as people. I believe they share a communal soul. Unless it was designed for them to have their own otherwise. If they are meant to serve a particular or important purpose, this may be the case.

So if you don't have your own soul or purpose other then to keep the ecology going, thenyour not going to have somethign to base a ghost off of.

The other thing is that so many people die in horrible accidents also. But in the case of both humans and animals, its almost like a part of the natural cycle. It is not a unique event. You don't have too many stories of ghosts wandering the highways either, only in unusual events. Now every town has one of those urban legends. But not dozens.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm still waiting for someone to say they saw a ghost of a dinosaur

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GetToDaChoppah

I never had a dinosaur for a pet. Maybe they're out there though, haunting each other.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
All throughout the history of spiritualism animal spirit is well documented,mediums bring thru pets very often.Its quite common,given the right medium animals have materialized at seances,my friends dog did.
You will see your Ghost pets with the corner of your eye,turn to look and will be gone,you are not crazy,it is not the mind playing tricks, in fact it may be developed so you see more accurately.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I see nothing odd in your thought. I belive my previus animals still go encarnating and when I have a new pet I search for similarities.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4fe7be701b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Ghost Animal

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My cat died of old age ....I mean she was blind and at times confused and I just couldn't see her struggle on like that. So I brought her to the vet and he gave her the lethal injections and did I give her a decent burial in the back of the garden. Very difficult moment I must add.....

Anyways, two or three days later I heared her distinctive miaww when i was reading a book in my bed at night. I looked up and saw her but then she faded away....she was transparent for a short moment. I moved house but at times I can feel her walking on by bedcovers and lay down at the spot she always does. It is comforting to know that she is ok.

Now I have two cats who are sisters and sometimes at night one of them is playing and it might well be with my ghost cat.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hi Asala,

Thank's for sharing.

And yes, when clearing houses and older business buildings I've found animals at times. The first was about 10 years ago, a small dog wanting to play.. it had been a while since anyone had. So while taking the deadies as I call them into the Light, we took the little dog with us. Interestingly enough an old man was waiting for the dog, and a very teary reunion occured, that's teary on my behalf

For nine years I had a beautiful Tortoiseshell chocolate-point Siamese female, who obviously thought I was her mate going by her choices and actions with me... not much different to when I was married, lol. A few years ago she went missing, the local farmers had begun trapping wild cats at that time. None of them gave a "bleep" about my cat when I went asking around.

A couple of years later my daughter was hassling me for a kitten from a friend. I went to look and two kittens came to me and sat on my feet. One looked lovingly into my eyes. We took them both home. The eye-contact girl showed the same behaviours and characteristics of my Siamese.. by the second day with her I understood she was the same portion of 'spirit'.. for want of a better word to use there.. as my Siamese girl. We are both happy

edit on 12-10-2010 by Tayesin because: to add a story

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have seen more human spirits than animal spirits,but I do have two experiences I had with dog spirits.

When my first dog passed away I was very upset. Even though he was our family dog, everyone knew he was 'my' dog, he only liked listening to me, and he slept on my bed by my foot every night, which wasn't always comfortable since he was a Doberman, but we managed somehow.
Anyway, I just couldn't sleep that night, because I missed him so much and suddenly I heard his paw steps on the floor (he had long claws) and then my bed made that sound it makes when Soldier jumped on my bed (stupid name, I know, my dad chose it.) and I saw an imprint by the end of my bed, where he always slept. It was like a large circle, how he would always curl up. I thanked him for coming to say goodbye and told him how much I love him, and then I fell asleep and felt much better the next day.

The other incident happened a few years back, I was working in China and one night while watching TV I turned around to look at my hall , because I sensed something watching me. Well I saw a black dog. It didn't growl or anything just stared at me. (it was about the size of a big German shepherd, but looked more like a Husky with long black fur, and dark eyes.) It vanished into thin air after a few seconds. I only lived in Qingdao for 2 years, and that was the only time I saw it, and I never knew why.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join