It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost animals,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not trying to sound crazy lol, But i have often wondered how many of you have experienced the entity of a ghost animal,

For some reason all my life i have seen what i believe to be Cats, Dogs, And even birds! I like to believe that many are animals in which i have myself once cared for, But other times i see some form of ghost/spirit that i know is not one of the pets i have had that passed,

I often see a large bird in my house, And im not the only one to experience that, Its large and powerful just from the feeling i get from it, the shadow will be very apparent and reminds me of a hawk or eagle,

I have never felt fear from these but its odd when a friend will come by and state Aww thats a cute Black and white kitty, then they go pale!! and say "that just disappeared" I tend to laugh and tell them thats my little furry ghosts,

Its something that i have not really looked in to and just wanted to know if others have the same kind of story

Or thoughts on what it may be? Paranormal or just some odd Science that occurs,

xx

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
yeah saw big furry grey ghost cat. told my buddy "hey yer cats up here" he said the cats never go upstairs ever!. he claimed him and his sis saw same cat 12 years ago when thay were kids. spooky thou the cat looked right at i think it kinda smiled . scared the shart outa me

-jplaysguitar

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

LOL oh you wont believe how many times i have tried to get a photo! I sat there one night in my Cold hall way and just snapped away hoping to capture something!! I even tried to have my web cam set up to record a night to see what i could get,

every picture i take at home im always looking in to to make sure i have not caught it,

One day i really hope to get something like a picture, Though im still never sure on if i agree with putting something up to share with the world, Its almost like something personal
But im sure if i caught something i would right on to ATS LOL

Sounds odd right!! But i guess its almost a fear of proving something then someone setting out to destroy that kind of thing forever,

Told ya i was crazy
I have always joked that if i captured a photo of BIG foot i would hide it! lol

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Yeah, I've had several experiences with 'ghost cats' ... that other people have 'seen / felt' too including on one occasion my very sceptical ex-partner ... he wasn't so sceptical afterwards though

And one experience with a dog I used to have called Pagan (a black lurcher) ... a different partner (jeez I sound like such a slut
) used to let Pagan of her lead and she would gallop up the lane at the back of our cottage and launch herself at the backdoor if it was closed ... then then my ex-partner who would only be a little way behind her would open the door to let her in.

On this particular night I heard the bang at the backdoor as usual ... as did my son and daughter who were visiting at the time ... but instead of the back door opening my partner appeared at the front door carrying Pagan in his arms ... she'd been run over and killed instantly ... I think it had happened so quickly that she hadn't realized she was dead and had carried on running home and banged the back door

Woody

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I experienced a ghost cat once. (Full story somewhere on ATS already). Thing is, my cat was alive at the time.

I woke up one morning to his loud purring and sat up in bed to shoo him off the white covers. Didn't see him so I sat fully up and looked around the floor, still hearing his loud purr. He wasn't there, the purring faded, and I saw that the door was closed anyway.

I thought, "That was weird. I could have swore the cat was in here" ?????

Half hour or so later his nibs came home from night shift and came upstairs with the phone in his hand. "telephone the vet" he says "cat's been hit by a car. Don't come down and see him. It's bad."

My poor cat's head was caved in, his eye was out and hanging down his face and his jaw was off, I think. I didn't go to see.

His nibs had arrived home and saw him under the chair at the back door seriously injured. There was blood on the ground as if he'd been sitting a while. He slowly followed him in the house and sat in the living room under a table making little noises. That's when the phone was brought up to me.

I phoned the vet and his nibs took poor cat down where he was put to sleep. The alternative was a series of drastic operations costing hundreds of pounds with no guarantee that he'd survive anyway.

I think, I KNOW, my cat was knocked out of body when he was hit, and he came to see me.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Would this be classified as animal spirits??? I hope what you see are domestic animals.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Everything i have seen has been domestic, The only one im unsure of is the very large bird, That i have no clue about,

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was in my apartment alone sleeping, it was daytime, I felt something jump up onto the bed with me and I woke up to look down at this tabby cat on the bed with me. I didn't really know what to think and I wasn't too alarmed because my neighbor downstairs had cats.

I looked at him and asked him, "what are you doing in here kitty?", when suddenly he lunged at my leg and bit me!!! The pain was so intense I was up and out of the bed with my arms flying and me screaming. The cat wasn't there! My windows were all shut and my door was secure, there was no cat in my apartment at all.

I noted that he only had half of a tail and was nice a full-looking cat, a gray Tabby.

Trying to wrap my head around the entire ordeal, and the excruciating pain (I showed no marks), that I began to think this was a "ghost cat" and that it was probably one my neighbor owned at one time. I finally asked them if they had ever owned a gray tabby with a half-tail and they said no.

Finally, a few days went by and I was on the phone with my best friend, and I told him the story of this rather spooky experience. I could not believe what he said. He said, "don't you remember that cat Merlin?" the one you took in and tried to tame because he had no home, that nasty alley cat with the half-tail! OMG, I remembered! Ten years prior when I first left the military a girlfriend from work begged and pleaded with me to take some cat that had no home. I gave in and gave the little "bastard" a chance. She arrived with this full-grown, nasty mean alley cat that had been declawed. He growled at me from the moment I woke up til the moment I went to bed. He hated me with all his might! Finally one day I was sitting reading a book when he casually curled up in my lap. I thought that I had finally made ground with him and was really shocked he did this. I shifted slightly and he woke up realizing where he was and he grabbed my leg and bit me so hard he punctured my skin. I caught him between cuss words and furniture flying and I put him into a pet taxi, took him straight to the pound and labeled him "mean, aggressive, and bites", to which sealed his fate!

Now as far as the intent to haunt or the message I was suppose to get, I interpreted this as a friendly "hey it's me, and I wanted to tell you it is OK", and then bit me to remind me!

I have never been haunted by him again. I do sort of feel bad I completely forgot about him, but needless to say I will never forget him for the rest of my life.

I have since declared myself cat-free and refuse to even engage a cat. I do not like cats! They are not welcomed in my gardens nor my home!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've posted this before somewhere.

In my area there is a famous ghost of a chicken, It's the Chicken that Francis Bacon killed in his experiment to see if freezing meat preserved it. Mr Bacon died of pneumonia a few days later from running about it the snow trying to catch a chicken.

I haven't seen it myself though

Heres a link

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've had two experiences with ghostly animals, both were cats.

About five years ago, I moved into a new apartment with a friend. We were working opposite shifts, so it was like having the place all to yourself. I was watching TV one evening when, out the corner of my eye, I saw the silhouette of a cat round the corner and head upstairs. It startled me at first, thinking a cat somehow got into the apartment. I immediately went upstairs and looked around for the cat, but nothing. I thought maybe it was just my imagination and resumed watching TV. I saw the cat silhouette again a day or two later, this time going into the kitchen. I found nothing when I went to look. The next day I mentioned the cat silhouette to my buddy and he had seen it a few times as well. Even a few of our guests witnessed it and were completely shocked when we told them it was a ghost cat! We lived in the apartment a little over a year and witnessed the shadowy cat pretty often.

Also about five years ago, I was taking a tour of a historic home when I felt a cat rub up against my leg. I was wearing shorts and there was no doubt that it was a cat. I looked down and nothing was there. I waited until the tour was over and asked the tour guide if there were ever cats on the property. He said the home owners had a few cats over the years, but there were no living cats on-site.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sometimes I'd swear my much loved dog Apollo comes by to say Hi. He died this year after being a part of our family for 17 years. He was our protector and friend and although he was only 25 pounds he was the biggest dog I've ever had; his heart was huge and his love bigger. Sometimes I feel him at my feet when I'm alone and working in my sewing room.

I like to think he's letting me know he's okay. I still miss him but it's nice to think he's happy and pain free now. Isn't it amazing how one small dog can change lives, I didn't even like dogs til Apollo.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
www.yorkpress.co.uk...]http ://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/ghost/8417558.More_ghostly_apparitions_reported_in_York_and_Yorkshire_than_any_other_part_of_UK/" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">=http://www.yorkpress.co.uk...]http ://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/ghost/8417558.More_ghostly_apparitions_reported_in_York_and_Yorkshire_than_any_other_part_of_UK/
Well i have just been reading an article written
in the evening press (a york paper) about recent
ghost sightings and there was mention of a "ghost dog"
that had been seen by a member of the public.
The apparition of the dog seemed to be "paddling"
down one of the cobled narrow streets that were prone
to flooding in the past before modern drainage had been
installed.YORK is a hot spot for ghost sightings!
You could say pooch was doing the doggy paddle LOL.
spell check not working sorry.

edit on 1/10/2010 by stealthyaroura because: for link 2nd one

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Interesting story woody,
check out the second link in my post if
you never got the paper.From our neck of the woods.
enjoy.stealthy~

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

My dad swears that he often sees his old cat passing from room to room. She (the cat) died 10 years ago at the age of 21. Since that time he says he sees her roaming around the house still. I believe him because he is not one to let his imagination go.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

First, thank you (and others who posted here) for having the sand to relate your experiences. These kind of things are easy to ridicule, and I'm glad to see there weren't any such responses.

My truth is, there is so very much that we -- or most of us -- don't understand much about the spiritual realm, energies, dimensions. I don't know if any of that exists, but I'm always heartened to hear/read a person with the strength of conviction talk about it.

I think sometimes I see our old boy cat -- who was run over a few years ago -- jumping/walking outside the house. It's always during the daylight when I'm sitting here at the computer, typing or reading. A screen door is just behind the monitor, with large white-slatted blinds, usually partially opened. I see the movement cross from high left to low right, as he used to do when jumping down from the waist-high storage locker that is out there. I've gotten up so many times to go out the front door to my right and look, that I don't bother any longer. I don't know what I expected to see; I know he's dead, I carried him home and buried him myself.

My Bride says that she occasionally wakes up with the notion that Jenner, our cat who died earlier this year was making a "cat hat" -- curled up around her head. I always kinda wished the cat would do that to me, but she never did. My Bride believes that she's just experiencing a sleep-induced memory, and perhaps that's so. I've seen her push her arm away from her head in her sleep, just like she used to do when Jenner made her hot and sweaty by cat-hatting her.

I suspect that any images you might capture with a camera may be disappointing to you. I think in your shoes I might be disinclined to attempt it, wondering if they would take offense and stop showing themselves to you.

Good thread!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My brother had a ghost cat in his house. He told me about it but I thought it was his imagination. I spent the night there and woke up in the middle of the night to hear a little jingle ball being batted around out in the hall! It was pretty freaky. They named it and talked to it!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I also sometimes think that I see the ghost of my girlfriends last cat hanging around in our flat.

I am coming from the point of view of being pretty skeptical about ghosts in general, but the amount of times I have seen a black cat like shape move across the edge of my vision is unbelievable.

I have to qualify this by saying that we do have another large black cat at the moment so I guess I could just be seeing him, but the places I see the "ghost" never correspond to the places that our current cat is (usually sprawled on his back asleep on our bed) and usually come from the point where the last cat used to prefer to sleep (on top of a heating pipe that's buried in the floor in the hall)

I don't really know what to make of it

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hi Asala

i beleive your story to be true
animals have souls

this is my though on from one of my threads

((theory/speculation)1) : does animals have souls ?? .. i think yes .. they can be the start of a very young soul(baby souls ??)
they can maybe evolve when they die and jump later into a human body for a bigger brain since the soul have grown up and need more space ...so it can fit into a body

**its only a theory that i have put some reflections in it..i can be wrong
(if some members know more about this ..i would like to talk about it more)**

it can be totally plausible... dog/dolphins/cats are very intelligent ..
some seems to have more brain than certain humans lol

i love animals especially cats and dogs and birds
when i was living with my parent we had many animals
3 cats 2 dogs 2 perot its a zoo lol
i never sensed any spirit (human or animal)
you might have a 6 sense .. possibly you can see human spirits to

the bird you talk in your story .. you say it was powerfull ? .. my first though about this is the pheonix
we never know .. its a mythical creature

great thread idea

edit on 10/3/2010 by Ben81 because: sandf

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When I was younger i often had experiences with an animal that I would see frequently. Every now and then when I would wake up in the mornings there would be a black scottish terrier at the side of my bed just sitting there. I remember being very afraid so I used to hide under the blankets. There was no way a random dog off the street could have gotten in my house as the doors were always locked and we didnt have any kind of cat/dog flap. I also had a dog that died a few years ago but every now and then you can still here her going down the stairs which is really freaky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join