It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are our teens biting each other to be like Vampires?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Love bites: Teens, stop sucking each other's blood or you're grounded!

source

I kind of knew something like this might just happen,
with all the Vampire movies going around out there..
Totally bizarre behavior from todays youth..glad my kids are grown..
what are your thoughts on this ATS'rs?

JoNel Aleccia writes: Bizarre teen trends have been horrifying parents for generations, but health officials are warning that a vampire-inspired biting fad could be dangerous, not to mention disgusting. Teenagers obsessed with the “Twilight” vampire saga, or those simply fascinated with fangs, reportedly have been biting each other -- hard – and then licking or sucking the blood.

“These are kids who think they are real vampires,” said Dr. Orly Avitzur, the medical advisor to Consumers Union, the agency that publishes Consumer Reports magazine. Avitzur said conversations with teens and sessions spent trolling vampire-related teen Web sites convinced her that the trend was taking hold. Indeed, groups like “I drink blood,” a category at www.experienceproject.com, and “I want to be a vampire” at the site www.43things.com are filled with apparent posts from young people with a yearning for blood. “Having that thick, warm copper-tasting blood in my mouth is the best thing I can think of!” wrote a teenager identified as “GothicGirl10” this year. “Sometimes my boyfriend lets me feed off him

edit on 30-9-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think a lot of this can be put down to teens with over-active fantasy lives.

Have you ever tried to bite someone hard enough to draw blood without tearing out a big chunk of their flesh? We don't have piercing vampire like teeth and most peoples K9's aren't that sharp.

You can have vampire like pointy teeth put in as a cosmetic dental operation but they are fragile and certainly no good for "feeding off of people"

There are some people that do take the vampire thing seriously enough to do a little blood letting but it is usually done with a tiny razor blade cut somewhere, not with teeth

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Weren't you a kid? Didn't you do things your parents thought were bizarre? Are you ok now? I want to meet one kid that is actually drinking the blood of their peers. It's all fantasy, it's a way to escape. Please tell me you have had daydreams before.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I cannot tell you i have any daydreams of biting and drinking anyone's blood...

really..I can't....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This story just makes me want to punch a vampire kid in the face and then go burn down the Hot Topic at the mall.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well that's two things twilight spawned more of... Furries, and bitters.. I'm sorry this article made me laugh vampires are cool and all but that doesn't mean I'm going to attack my boyfriend and drink his blood.

Oh well I'm sure the next generation will do something just as odd like maybe wear pants on their head?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I did the goth thing for a very short time before most people had ever heard goths, back in my teens. While I admit to letting someone taste my blood, I could never bring myself to touch someone else's blood. Not because I am squeamish about blood, but because I fully aware of things like aids and hep c and I wasn't going to be dumb about it.
Of course these kids aren't thinking, then again twilight would have never made any money if any of these kids had used their brains, thought for themselves and saw the poor quality of writing that went into these books.

Twilight has had a very negative effect on our youth and even many adults who should know better. Most of these vampire wannabes aren't real goths anyways.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I like the Goth scene and Vampires for fantasy but if one is actually drinking the blood of another - well that's just plain stupid! Stick with the love nibbles - don't break the skin!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
twilight: a condition of decline

^^ pretty much says it all, imo ^^

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Twilight is only responsible for a slight resurgence of the Vampire cult there are lots of "Vampire clubs" in and around the whole fetish scene and have been for years,
I must say though that Twilight is a pretty poor sappy effort at Vampire chic, especially when you compare it to the big 80's vampire cult films like "The Lost Boys" and "The Hunger"

The Hunger

The Lost Boys

top topics

join