It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackberry use on the new format

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
First I would like to say that I like/enjoy this site and once I get used to it I am sure I will enjoy the new format on may computer.
On my Blackberry? Not so much. I am always on the move and accessing this site via BB and that really is my only option.
The main problem I've been having since the "change" is that I can no longer "edit", "quote" or "reply to" in an open thread.
I can how ever go to the top or bottom of the thread page and select "reply".
So to make it simple I guess you could say that while on my BB, I can reply to a thread in general but not to one certain post and I can't make any goofs because I can't "edit".
I am sure that I am not the only person on ATS using a BB as their main way of accessing the site, so can anyone point me to a solution? I would hate to give this site up (on my BB).
Thanks in advance,
Quadrivium

edit on 30-9-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Lol, just read my OP, sorry about the type-o's. CAN'T EDIT

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Way way too many "designers" have too little experience with the mobility networks. I think you will find a lot of sites simply don't work on your Blackberry or Iphone. I was in Vancouver, trying to make it to the "Cup Cake Girls" store location, I opened my Blackberry to their website and got a blank screen. Turns out it's entirely in flash, with no option for mobility browsers. I ended up finding a 411 site that had the address in a format I could use, but it was a real pain in wall to wall traffic. (I had pulled over).

With the changes going on in society and mobility becoming more and more critical the "designers" need to get with the times and either adhere to standards, or provide some options for basic browsers.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I believe ATS are making an iPhone/Blackberry App. Give it time, it's on it's way!

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I hope they develop an Android app and work on it first, it is the preferred OS of the future.

OK maybe not, maybe it is just my OS, but if you make an Iphone App that leaves out a lot of other smart phone users.

Do we not have the ats mobile site anymore?

edit on 30-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: i

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have a BB Curve and I find that just loading ATS takes a while and is slow to move on to other topics, I also cant edit or "reply to" and it is frustrating because Im on the go as well and arent always able to get to my desktop. I do hope ATS will come up with an app for BB, then I wouldnt have an excuse to not check ATS daily.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

What's the address for the ATS Mobile site. I didn't know they had one

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Really? ATS app for phones? Gimme a break

Many modern touchscreen phones have enough resolution to display ats without horizontal scrolling... And the browsers are just as good at rendering as computer browsers. I see no problem with the new layout and mobile use.

edit on 2010-9-30 by above because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join