It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translations of sumerian tablets online ! Finaly proof that the Anunnaki were aliens ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

That is what I am trying to figure out. Genetic manipulation is the only thing I can think of and is my educated guess. But I love how you seem to 'know' how the human race formed. So you got god's number too?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

That is your opinion. I am not defending sitchin, but to say he doesn't know sumer is quite moronic.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Theres nothing to suggest Sitichin is wrong as well

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Sitchen doesn't even claim to be able to translate cuneiform at all.

People here using the phrase "Sitchin's translations" would be well advised to start using the phrase "Sitchin's claims."

Sitchin takes other people's translations (most noteably, those of Leonard King and Samuel Kramer) and picks and chooses spots to insert words that he wants to be there - such as "rocket."

Hi Harte, I wondered how long before you made an offering in this thread. Good to see you around mate.

If this were the case, then my old mentor who you have seen me write about before, is also doing as you said Sitchin did. In which case it implies that during the same period of time in the early 1970's when she claimed to participate in translating the tablets in what she called the British Museum's "too hard basket", and arguing with Sitchin over some of his perceptions on some details.... all that never really happened?

Man has my mentor got some explaining to do to me then. I mean, how did she get a report that I've read, from the Museum on the euthenased failed genetic experiments in the first place if she wasn't involved in the projects? Makes one wonder doesn't it?

Perhaps Sitchin used other people's translations as a basic comparison guide or for some parts to fill in his own gaps? That would be just as plausible wouldn't it?

edit on 1-10-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Actually in some of his interviews he has stated that some of his work were from other people ideas to basically fill in the gaps of his work.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by css1981

The "interesting" part you posted offers no support for Sitchin's theory. Furthermore, if Sitchin's translations were right don't you think at least one serious researcher of Sumerian, including those who posted the tablets online, would have agreed with Sitchin at one point over the past 50 years. Instead, the entire field looks at Sitchin as a joke because his translations were so far off mark.

You've just answered your own question there really haven't you!

If 'The entire field looks at Sitchin as a joke' that kind of explains why no 'serious researchers' as you put it, would be willing to risk their reputations, and probably more importantly, present and future research grants.

Perfect explanation you've given us, whether you meant to or not..thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by dragnet53

I'm pretty sure Heiser knows what the word Annunaki is. He is a scholar of many languages, including Sumerian, Akkadian, Phonecian, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Aramaic, Ancient Hebrew, and numerous other languages. I would say he's more qualified to discuss what a Sumerian translation is than Sitchin.

BTW didn't he say in that interview he graduated in the late 90's? He didn't know about sitchin until 2001. So how does he know all those languages you stated in such a short period of time? He must not have a social life.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Originally posted by Harte
Sitchen doesn't even claim to be able to translate cuneiform at all.

Hi Harte, I wondered how long before you made an offering in this thread. Good to see you around mate.

If this were the case, then my old mentor who you have seen me write about before, is also doing as you said Sitchin did. In which case it implies that during the same period of time in the early 1970's when she claimed to participate in translating the tablets in what she called the British Museum's "too hard basket", and arguing with Sitchin over some of his perceptions on some details.... all that never really happened?

No person without some kind of scholarly background in ancient languages would be allowed access to any ancient cuneiform imprints.

I don't know who your "mentor" is (I think I remember, but maybe not,) but I do know who Sitchin is.

He's not been given access to any of that.

He may have looked at some pics, though.

What matter? He can't read cuneiform. If he could, he would have demonstrated it at least once in the last 30 years by translating something. He's been challenged to do so enough times, each time remaining mute.

And, as I said, there's also the fact that he's never actually claimed to be able to translate cuneiform.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I know mate, you've told me before. And I can understand your point of view well. There must be more to it though, from my perspective. I am not supportive of Sitchin, only the old women who shared her work with me... who I again refuse to name due to scholars in the past crucifying her publicly for her retirement hobby of ufo research. I'm sure you will respect my reasons for being protective of this 80+ y/o. If she does will me her work, as I anticipate, then I will continue her work of sharing it and also record it electronically for these types of discussions.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

When you've spent your entire adult life studying Ancient Egypt and Israel you are required to learn many of these languages. Languages like Akkadian, Sumerian, Aramaic, etc. aren't too far removed from Ancient Hebrew a language he would have needed to learn for his first Masters and especially his Doctorate.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i really think it becomes dangeorus when allegory is taken literally. then again, who knows.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by enkira

well just a few days back to be exact, Sept. 27, 2010, after days of struggling with Google moon, i focus my search on a crater named after a russian fellow, komarov, and surprise surprise was able to spot three crafts one the typical disc type the other a triangular and the third is partly obscured by the circular one. Now with these images, do i have to argue bout aliens? gods? translations. well if this was a hoax, surely its moon made and not man made. i was trying to link it in my thread but im having a hard time, so i posted some of the photos in may ATS facebook/ facebook personal account and full images 18 of them, 7 with incredibly clear shots.

I haven't read all the new posts yet so sorry if you answered this already....Can we have a link to these pictures? Can we examine them?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by cj6

My thoughts too, while I love the story and Sitchen's works, it is hard to take his work as absolute because no one else has been able to or tried to translate as much Sumerian language. So we have no one else to compare his interpretations to. Translations can become quite hit and miss when you are only one translating, one word or structure variation and there goes the accuracy.

spec

ETA: which begs the question: Why hasn't there been additional studies and thorough translations of Sumerian artifacts/language? Is it because there is not much to compare it with for similarities, since it is one of the earliest civilizations?

edit on 30-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: add

Are you serious? Sumerian has been translated and read for the last 8 decades or so. One of my best friends from college is an Assyriologist, married to a Hittologist. While her specialty is Assyrian, she reads Akkadian, Babylonian and, wait for it, Sumeria as well. Her husband does Akkadian and Hittite. Believe me, Sumerian has been translated by others besides Sitchen and translated well. Sitchen does a poor job according to Sumerologists my friend knows and who work in the field as teachers and scholars. My college offered courses in Sumerian, Akkadian, Hittite, Kasite, Middle Egyptian, and more.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

When you've spent your entire adult life studying Ancient Egypt and Israel you are required to learn many of these languages. Languages like Akkadian, Sumerian, Aramaic, etc. aren't too far removed from Ancient Hebrew a language he would have needed to learn for his first Masters and especially his Doctorate.

All true, except the Sumerian part.

The other languages are Semitic. Sumerian is not.

His degree is in economics history, so it is possible that he knows a little about it, given the cylinder seals we have are primarily IOU-types of things.

But Sitchin is the one that claims they are not. It is a cylinder seal with writing on it indicating a debt is owed that he uses to argue that the Sumerians knew the outer planets. If he really knew anything about it (and maybe he does,) then he must know that the constellation shown on the seal imprint is only an anciet version of what we today call a time/date stamp. It indicates what time of year the debt (or commemoration) was incurred.

If Sitchin does know this, then he's lying about the plantes. If he doesn't know this, then he knows nothing about any ancient Mesopotamian society.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I knew all that about Sitchin, I was referring to Heiser. One of his M.A.s is in Ancient History with a focus on Egyptology and Ancient Israel. Then he has another M.A. and Ph.D. in Semitic Studies. While Sumerian is not a Semitic language, once you have a mastery of most of the Semitic languages it's not hard to learn Sumerian, which is what I was trying to convey to dragnet.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Black holes are an interesting theory also right? So is the Bing Bang correct? It's really interesting that something came from nothing. Yet, no one can explain how that happens. Furthermore, something came from nothing other than God. We can accept something came from nothing as long as it has nothing too do with a higher power. That we can accept right?

When will you guys just admit everything we know in this world is just a theory? We have never penetrated the crust of this planet but we know for a FACT there is an iron core?

How can that be? Has anyone ever laid eyes on this iron core?

For all we really know there is a big hamster down there running around in circles. I think aliens exist. You think science is right.

Tell us all, what makes your science so right and my gut so wrong?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Genetic manipulation is the only thing I can think of and is my educated guess.

Educated based on what?

Originally posted by dragnet53
But I love how you seem to 'know' how the human race formed. So you got god's number too?

Everything stated here is based on facts and evidence. What are you basing your claims on?

edit on 1-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No, not aliens. Just Genesis with different names.

Pretty much, nothing new. You're basic Indo-European creation myth.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aew14

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Rollo
why dumb down the spirit dimension to fit ufo?
Man can understand aliens and ufos apparently but the spirit is dismissed and to hard to comprehend.
Rather it is trimmed and spliced to fit into man made concepts...ufo.

UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

Would love to see proof, outside of a thumbs up.

I think you will soon enough my friend.

edit on 10/1/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

i've interviewed heiser on my old radio show. seems like a nice person
here's the interview (pardon the amateur production lol )

Ancient Future Radio Interview with Michael S. Heiser
thestargates.com...

edit on 1-10-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join