It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translations of sumerian tablets online ! Finaly proof that the Anunnaki were aliens ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by css1981
So what do you guys think ? Was Zacharia Sitchin really right about this one ?

There is nothing here to suggest that Sitchin was right about anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spraynard

who's to say zs was right or wrong? he is onto something. really wish we can lift ourself from this dreg of layers of deception...those crafts in komarov crater , and other facilities too, begs for the asking, whose are they and who are they...they are no ufo's, not anymore,they are there, and they could be here too alright, but why is nobody telling? thats the jist of the matter ...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Rollo
UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

Oops, you must've somehow entered this dimension by accident? In this dimension, there's no proof of any kind of "spirit" or "soul", but there's been plenty evidences of UFO's and extraterrestrials.

Care to show us this "proof" that the "spirit realm" is real? Can't wait to see this.....

I know I have proof the spirit dimension is real. But I ain't showing. =)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by downunderET

Except when you actually research you find there is no real indication we were genetically engineered by ETs, just people misleading and misinterpreting information to support their preconceived belief.

lmao I guess you have read the tablets? We know you don't like his work. But the last sentence is just calling the kettle black. I believe Sitchin is partially right. But he seems to have this agenda though that the Anunna gods or the Anunnaki seem to only care for the white race. Doesn't make any sense since the first humans were the color of the ground.

edit on 1-10-2010 by dragnet53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by cj6

So we have no one else to compare his interpretations to. Translations can become quite hit and miss when you are only one translating, one word or structure variation and there goes the accuracy.

Quite the contrary.
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

As I said, compare this:
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

to Sitchin's version.

Not all the tablets on that site are translated to english. I noticed they made some changes like Nibiru city was changed to Nibru. Nibru was Enlil's city.

But some of Sitchin's translated stuff dealing with Enki is on that site.

But I can't find any translations of his for Ziusudra. I question his motive.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by css1981

Not really. Sitchin claims it was Enki who made man.

The translation says that Namma made man and, in celebration, Enki and Ninmah had a beer blast. They got wasted and got into a creative pissing match. Enki claimed that no matter how messed up a creation Ninmah could come up with, he (Enki) could find a useful purpose for it so that it could earn its "daily bread".

After 6 tries, with Enki succeeding each time, Ninmah gave up. Enki then produced a real mess (I won't go into the details of how) that Ninmah could find no use for. Enki won the pissing match.

Enki won by creating a dreadful, horribly deformed creature. Sitchin says that Enki created a "perfect" creature, man.

Show me how you came to a conclusion on this? Paste the page of this translation. I really think you are lying.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Phage

Enki and Ninmah (creation of man story)
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

Nammu is late Akkad/Early Babylonian, if i remember correctly. Enki's early akkad/late sumer. He's also called Ea.

I knew he was making sh~~ up.

Nimnah was the true creator of man. She created the Adamu. I remember reading this.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
The attitude of some people here on ats is a mess. I have never seen so much flaming and trolling any where else on the net. Whats up with that?

This is a very interesting post OP! Thank you for posting here! Star and Flag

It is because some people have small ego's and try to inflate them to seem more superior in thought than others. It is sad really.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Here is an excerpt from the link provided by Phage.

This may be very different from the translation offered by Sitchin but the jist of it is at least as important and mysterious. This is not cavemen crawling out from under rocks. This is a society that may not have hailed from here and doesn't seem, by the writings, to have been born here.
"create a substitute for the Gods so they can be freed from their toil"
I don't see a huge difference in what Sitchin says and what is translated here.
Certainly it seems he may have taken some artistic license and perhaps took an idea or a few words and surmised the rest of a chapter. He may have even fashioned an inaccurate tale around the words he could figure out. He may be slightly off mark but I still think he is "in range" with much of what he claims.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

1-11. In those days, in the days when heaven and earth were created; in those nights, in the nights when heaven and earth were created; in those years, in the years when the fates were determined; when the Anuna gods were born; when the goddesses were taken in marriage; when the goddesses were distributed in heaven and earth; when the goddesses ...... became pregnant and gave birth; when the gods were obliged (?) ...... their food ...... dining halls; the senior gods oversaw the work, while the minor gods were bearing the toil. The gods were digging the canals and piling up the silt in Harali. The gods, crushing the clay, began complaining about this life. 12-23. At that time, the one of great wisdom, the creator of all the senior gods, Enki lay on his bed, not waking up from his sleep, in the deep engur, in the subterranean water, the place the inside of which no other god knows. The gods said, weeping: "He is the cause of the lamenting!" Namma, the primeval mother who gave birth to the senior gods, took the tears of the gods to the one who lay sleeping, to the one who did not wake up from his bed, to her son: "Are you really lying there asleep, and ...... not awake? The gods, your creatures, are smashing their ....... My son, wake up from your bed! Please apply the skill deriving from your wisdom and create a substitute (?) for the gods so that they can be freed from their toil!"

That doesn't prove anything. Jez one of his cult members trying to defend him.

It just proves that Nammu created the senior gods and Enki was her son.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Its quite clear that sitchin was bought out by TPTB to re-evaluate his theories regarding the 3600 year cycle and the return of the annunaki to NOT coincide with 2012. Their efforts at disinformation provides further evidence of his accurate analysis to those with a keen eye?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thank you for the link, verry interresting info.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

I think that I can see the big picture now. Do I have to see the anunnaki as sort of the fallen angels, the army of Satan ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by enkira

Yes, afcourse I know van Daniken. I have read his books. He and Sitchin show us that the aliens were here on earth long time ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by enkira

Do you also have a link for me about that UFO moon case ? It would be interresting to read.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I believe in the spirit world. Do you have threads about that subject ?

Do you see the spirit dimension as a place were also the what we call aliens may come from ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

i have never doubted Zacharia Sitchin's work. i believe in him and his books.
)))

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This place keeps getting better and better. How anyone can believe Sitchin is beyond me. These translations do nothing to affirm his statements. At the end of the day, this is pointless as we have learned literally nothing new on this topic

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

nope none of the above. It is hard to explain really.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aew14
This place keeps getting better and better. How anyone can believe Sitchin is beyond me. These translations do nothing to affirm his statements. At the end of the day, this is pointless as we have learned literally nothing new on this topic

I guess you would believe Phil Plait before Sitchin? Both can be wrong at times.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Genesis 6:1-4 reads:

“And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose... There were nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” [emphasis added]

Nephilim is often translated as “giants”, a legitimate and appropriate interpretation, but one which may be only partially accurate. A better definition might be “those who came down”, “those who descended”, or “those who were cast down.” The Anunnaki of ancient Sumerian texts is similarly defined as “those who from heaven to earth came”. Sitchin [1], Gardner [2], and Bramley [3] have all identified the Nephilim as the Anunnaki, more specifically, essentially the rank and file.

Virtually all open-minded historical and theological scholars agree the Old Testament’s book of Genesis was extracted from the older Sumerian records, if only because of the similarity in their Comparative Religions. The Enuma Elish, the Sumerian Epic of Creation, and Genesis have a variety of common elements. Stories of a Great Flood and Deluge, among other stories, are also common to both Sumerian and Biblical accounts. An inevitable conclusion is that the Anunnaki were as real as Noah, Moses or Abraham.

www.halexandria.org...

Some more proof in the bible ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join