It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translations of sumerian tablets online ! Finaly proof that the Anunnaki were aliens ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
wasn't tiamat the Sumerians name for Earth?

No, Tiamat was the god of the primordial chaos before the Earth was formed, the personification of sea-water. After she was slain by Marduk, her body formed the world we know.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

she was this (on a smaller scale in the story)

Google Video Link

edit on 30-9-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Samuel Noah Kramer, an assyriologist who was the first to translate many of the sumerian texts, describes the arrival of Enki, in his book "Enki Builds the E-Engurra":

The lord of the abyss, the king Enki, Enki the Lord who decrees the fates, Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli; Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light, The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss.
Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain.

the abyss is tiamat (small scale), who is abzu in earlier texts. it isn't until enuma elish that tiamat is personified and differentiated from abzu. so we see in enuma elish, tiamat is the partner of abzu, who has also been personified. they were two different parts of an original singular system called the abzu: the wormhole (tiamat) and the gate (abzu). the abzu was referred to collectively and singularly, in this example. when abzu is killed (the wormhole connection is breached), tiamat connects to kingu instead and starts "creating" monsters (see also monsters coming from the abyss (bottomless pit) in revelation 9). people who want to claim tiamat is a planet, ignore those passages in enuma elish and the references in older passages in which tiamat is not personified and not separated from the abzu.

edit on 1-10-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Anunnaki are alien what I have been telling you people all along???

God is and Anunnaki and so are the Bad Anunnaki, why is this? Because there is a celestial division in heavens, and there was a Galactic war in heavens and Mars and the Moon was all part of the battle field.

Now is Earth turn!!! But! this-one will be the last battle that ( Satan ) the Moon god will have.

Now you people believe in GOD?

Time is runing out and people needs to wake up from the great deception.

edit on 1-10-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
big hint: ab.zu = b-ab-el.
the chaos (tiamat) gate of the gods.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Thanks for the awakening lets see how some gasp this discovery.

Good work

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by cj6
How do u even know the translations are correct and/or accurate??? Just a thought..

how dare you to have asked such a question.....

Are you both serious?
Do you honestly think these texts can't be translated?
Why would you believe any book that you ever read?
How do you know they are not lying?
University's distinguished professor emeritus in the departments of languages and civilizations and linguistics....might be able to give it a go and a consensus of expert opinions should give you a working knowledge of the texts.
It isn't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollo

Show us some proof

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by css1981

The "interesting" part you posted offers no support for Sitchin's theory. Furthermore, if Sitchin's translations were right don't you think at least one serious researcher of Sumerian, including those who posted the tablets online, would have agreed with Sitchin at one point over the past 50 years. Instead, the entire field looks at Sitchin as a joke because his translations were so far off mark.

I don't know that this is exactly true.

I found this website which dissects the Sitchin translations and argues them.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

There are inconsistencies like some question over the use of the word "rocket ship" - Sitchin says a word meaning rocket ship was used and another linguist says that particular word meant something else. Meanwhile one can simply LOOK at the pictures of rocket ships used in cave drawings and come to the same conclusion without quibbling over semantics.
Another discrepancy...The sun seal with the planets around it was not the sun and so it was NOT clear ancients knew anything about the solar system.

Basically, although some of the translations may be argued, they are throwing the baby out along with the bathwater.

And the baby is arguably from another planet.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't mean to take the topic away from the Sumerian Texts, as they are extremely interesting, but perhaps I may have a bit of information that might illuminate this news some. Take the following quote for example, and be sure to take note of the source.

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Source

What's the chariot of fire and horses of fire mentioned? Could this somehow have a relation to what's accounted in the Sumerian Texts?

Just something that I've thought about for a while. There are more instances that seem as weird mentioned in the Bible, but it's glaring ones like that that really give me pause about what was experienced at the time. And those texts are believed to be totally accurate in translation, so how far of a stretch could it be to take this new text as it's written? Not saying that it IS authoritative, mind you; just playing a devil's advocate.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The attitude of some people here on ats is a mess. I have never seen so much flaming and trolling any where else on the net. Whats up with that?

This is a very interesting post OP! Thank you for posting here! Star and Flag

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the link provided by Phage.

This may be very different from the translation offered by Sitchin but the jist of it is at least as important and mysterious. This is not cavemen crawling out from under rocks. This is a society that may not have hailed from here and doesn't seem, by the writings, to have been born here.
"create a substitute for the Gods so they can be freed from their toil"
I don't see a huge difference in what Sitchin says and what is translated here.
Certainly it seems he may have taken some artistic license and perhaps took an idea or a few words and surmised the rest of a chapter. He may have even fashioned an inaccurate tale around the words he could figure out. He may be slightly off mark but I still think he is "in range" with much of what he claims.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

1-11. In those days, in the days when heaven and earth were created; in those nights, in the nights when heaven and earth were created; in those years, in the years when the fates were determined; when the Anuna gods were born; when the goddesses were taken in marriage; when the goddesses were distributed in heaven and earth; when the goddesses ...... became pregnant and gave birth; when the gods were obliged (?) ...... their food ...... dining halls; the senior gods oversaw the work, while the minor gods were bearing the toil. The gods were digging the canals and piling up the silt in Harali. The gods, crushing the clay, began complaining about this life. 12-23. At that time, the one of great wisdom, the creator of all the senior gods, Enki lay on his bed, not waking up from his sleep, in the deep engur, in the subterranean water, the place the inside of which no other god knows. The gods said, weeping: "He is the cause of the lamenting!" Namma, the primeval mother who gave birth to the senior gods, took the tears of the gods to the one who lay sleeping, to the one who did not wake up from his bed, to her son: "Are you really lying there asleep, and ...... not awake? The gods, your creatures, are smashing their ....... My son, wake up from your bed! Please apply the skill deriving from your wisdom and create a substitute (?) for the gods so that they can be freed from their toil!"

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The gist is that it is a creation myth. Of course it's mysterious and important. What could be more important than a story of how things came to be the way they are? The myth is a perfect metaphor for human nature, exactly what all myths are. "The gods were like us, they didn't like to work any more than we do, so they created man to do their work. That's why we have to work for the king. Geeze, I sure wish I had someone to do my work for me but oh well, that's just the natural order of things so why complain?"

The trouble is that Sitchin took a myth about drunken gods messing around with clay, got it completely wrong, and turned it into a true story (not a myth) about aliens using genetic engineering to create man. He filled in his blanks to fit his story.

Here's the Oxford translation:

Enki devised a shape with head, …… and mouth in its middle, and said to Ninmah: "Pour ejaculated semen into a woman's womb, and the woman will give birth to the semen of her womb." Ninmah stood by for the newborn ……. and the woman brought forth …… in the midst ……. In return (?), this was Umul: its head was afflicted, its place of …… was afflicted, its eyes were afflicted, its neck was afflicted. It could hardly breathe, its ribs were shaky, its lungs were afflicted, its heart was afflicted, its bowels were afflicted. With its hand and its lolling head it could not not put bread into its mouth; its spine and head were dislocated. The weak hips and the shaky feet could not carry (?) it on the field -- Enki fashioned it in this way.

How does Sitchin "interpret" it?

The life essence from an Anunnaki's blood extracted she in the vessel placed, By the ME formulas was the essence directed, bit by correct bit was it in the vessel added, Then the oval thus fertilized into the womb of the Earth female she inserted.
There is conception! Ninmah with joy announced. The allotted birth-giving time they awaited. At the allotted time the Earth female began to travail,
A child, a newborn, was forthcoming! With her hands Ninmah the newborn extracted; a male it was! In her hands she held the child, his image she examined; it was the image of perfection. In her hands she held up the newborn; Enki and Ningishzidda were present. With joyful laughter the three leaders were seized, Enki and Ningishzidda were backslapping, Ninmah Enki embraced and kissed. Your hands have made it! Enki, with a gleaming eye, to her was saying.

"Slightly off the mark?"

Sitchin wrote his story before the discovery of Eris and other plutoids that sort of mess up his whole 12th planet thing. He wrote his story before it became easy for people to find out how real scholars translated the Sumerian texts.

edit on 10/1/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
reply to post by Tayesin

Excellent post. Tayesin, is this an alternate spelling of Taliesin?

SeaWind

Yes, the phonetic version used around 5 to 600 ad.

Originally posted by undo
read enuma elish for yourselves.
tiamat is not a planet.

I'm not talking the later-derived story called "Enuma Elish". I was referring to an earlier version of the story of earth's genesis. Nibiru (Planet of the Crossing).. long before it was called Marduk.. and Tiamat (Watery Mother) were on collision course. The early tablets tell us about the effects caused by their coming closer together.. in very prosaic terms of course. It is quite easy to understand the varying effects when reading how these two seriously effected each other.. and yet did not actually collide... and when we see two body's in space getting close we can view openly the effects detailed so prosaicly in the earliest renditions of this creation story.

As I said before, we often fail to note how a story has changed from it's earliest inception to much later times.. when they had already begun to partake in what we can call romanticism and thus much info is already changed in meaning, new names are applied, etc.

But I wish to thank everyone for their input and links offered.. got a lot more reading to do again it seems in order to understand the discrepancies mentioned or observed.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The myth is a perfect metaphor for human nature, exactly what all myths are. "The gods were like us, they didn't like to work any more than we do, so they created man to do their work. That's why we have to work for the king. Geeze, I sure wish I had someone to do my work for me but oh well, that's just the natural order of things so why complain?"

A pretty elaborate metaphor. Shouldn't it be simpler than the reality?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I have not read all the Sumeric Epic, and some texts are really cryptic to understand,... but in the translation of N.K. Sandars of the Epic of Gilgamesh there is an huge and intriguing Philological oddity: try to change the words “NAME or FAME”,in order to reach skies and the heavens where dwelling the Gods, the word “SPACESHIP”.
Everything Change and.... All is Clear!

edit on 1-10-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

No. It's not really that complex but why? These were not simpletons.
The more complex, the more mysterious, the more power the story carries

edit on 10/1/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

I am not sure about Niribu or Tiamat but I have gone to the Bible after reading 12th planet and was amazed how much written actually substantiates and collaborates what ZS claims.

The early names are not human beings. When humans happen on the scene in the Bible it is clear because the word "man" is used like it is a dirty word. Son of man will be used instead of Son of God.
A talent is a wagon load of gold. The word Gold is used in the Bible more than the word love.
Counting the words in the Bible tells a very different story, one more similar to ZS version than the one I learned in Catholic School.
Incense is applied and used liberally whenever God (or a God) is in the presence of "man" in the same way men might use perfume in the presence of pigs.
We are treated like livestock and referred to repeatedly as something like thinking animals.
Metallurgy and gathering of precious stones, silver and gold is really the oldest profession.
We were miners before we were even men.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

i haven't found any earlier references to tiamat before enuma elish. nammu, yes, tiamat, no. can you site a source for that? cause this is an area i have been researching for awhile now and the more info i have on, the better.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

I am not really surprised how this thread oscillates from translations , babylonian/sumerian, then to annunakis and aliens and sitchin then to ufo's and vice versa...and man, ive been in this cycle since i first read von daniken...remember him? and that was in the early 70's...and there was this Bluebook "Candon" reports too...
well just a few days back to be exact, Sept. 27, 2010, after days of struggling with Google moon, i focus my search on a crater named after a russian fellow, komarov, and surprise surprise was able to spot three crafts
one the typical disc type the other a triangular and the third is partly obscured by the circular one.
Now with these images, do i have to argue bout aliens? gods? translations. well if this was a hoax, surely its moon made and not man made. i was trying to link it in my thread but im having a hard time, so i posted some of the photos in may ATS facebook/ facebook personal account and full images 18 of them, 7 with incredibly clear shots.
so ufo's for me is a closed case..yes they are real and yes all these scholarly wranglings are just cover ups which we humans have been unwittingly been dragged to kind of test how far our intellect/intelligence has evolved, sort of.
and to spice it up, theres lots of them there if you only take the time to wriggle around those brightly and heavily blackened glitches compliments of NASA paintbrushing team just that there so many to air brush its just impossible for them to really check everything...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join