It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translations of sumerian tablets online ! Finaly proof that the Anunnaki were aliens ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi everybody,

I found this verry interresting article :

The ancient language of Babylonian can be heard for the first time in almost 2,000 years after Cambridge University scholars posted readings and poems online.

Babylonian, one of the chief languages of Ancient Mesopotamia, dates back as far as the second millennium BC but died out around 2,000 years ago.

However, Cambridge historians have resurrected the ancient tongue by discovering how the language was pronounced and spoken.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here I found some verry interresting translations I want to share with you :

I i 13

Anu had gone up away to heaven,

I i 14

Enlil had seized earth as his realm,

I i 15

the bolts and the slings of the sea

I i 16

had been given to Enki the prince.

I i 17

The ones of Anu had gone up to heaven,

I i 18

and the ones of Enki had descended into Apsû,

Here the website with lots more translations : people.pwf.cam.ac.uk...

So what do you guys think ? Was Zacharia Sitchin really right about this one ?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by css1981

There is nothing here to suggest that Sitchin was right about anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I thought that it was Sitchin who said that the anunnaki were aliens. Now we can read and judge the old language ourselve.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by css1981

There is nothing here to suggest that Sitchin was right about anything.

Why?
Have you read all the Sumerian Epic?

If so, please give us a bit of your deep knowledge...

En Taro Aduhn

To the Op: Star & Flag!

edit on 30-9-2010 by Arken because: add Star & flag

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

The "interesting" part you posted offers no support for Sitchin's theory. Furthermore, if Sitchin's translations were right don't you think at least one serious researcher of Sumerian, including those who posted the tablets online, would have agreed with Sitchin at one point over the past 50 years. Instead, the entire field looks at Sitchin as a joke because his translations were so far off mark.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
why dumb down the spirit dimension to fit ufo?
Man can understand aliens and ufos apparently but the spirit is dismissed and to hard to comprehend.
Rather it is trimmed and spliced to fit into man made concepts...ufo.

UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I thought Sitchin had translated Sumerian, not Babylonian.
I'm no expert but I didn;t think they were the same thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rollo
UFO are not real...the spirit realm is real...stop pigeon holing this dimension with manipulations and distractions of the world

I agree and disagree with you.
UFOs are real, they do exist, BUT! For some reason, I doubt that the ones on Earth are actually ET made. I think our government found real ET or Ancient Advanced civilization craft and back engineered it. They are using those crafts, along with Nazi 'Ufos' to help deceive us into believing we are under an Extraterrestial Orchestrated Attack.

You are Right!
The spirit world does exist, and I believe the NWO is trying their hardest to distract us as much as they can in this physical world, so that we will not awaken when the time comes for it, but what they fail to realize is that, you can NEVER STOP The Spirit Realm from coming, no physical weapon will ever penetrate The Unseen Light.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
sumerian is older than babylonian but some texts are considered sumerian even if they are early babylonian or late akkadian.. the sumerian texts are here:

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Sumerian translations have been available for years.

You may find it interesting to compare Sitchin's version of the story of Enki and Ninmaḫ to the Oxford translation.

edit on 9/30/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How do u even know the translations are correct and/or accurate??? Just a thought..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Here is one for you

Once upon a time there were three bears papa etc etc
Now does that mean 3 talking bears lived in a house and made porridge. NO!

So just because some old tablets have been translated doesn't mean its a true story.

Sorry!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
How do u even know the translations are correct and/or accurate??? Just a thought..

how dare you to have asked such a question.....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I guess if you want to interpret "Heaven" as being Gliese 581g, then maybe this could be some indication that the Annunaki were aliens from another planet. I don't know. Maybe it has really nice water slides and convenient parking. That might qualify as Heaven.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollo

Oops, you must've somehow entered this dimension by accident? In this dimension, there's no proof of any kind of "spirit" or "soul", but there's been plenty evidences of UFO's and extraterrestrials.

Care to show us this "proof" that the "spirit realm" is real? Can't wait to see this.....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

My thoughts too, while I love the story and Sitchen's works, it is hard to take his work as absolute because no one else has been able to or tried to translate as much Sumerian language. So we have no one else to compare his interpretations to. Translations can become quite hit and miss when you are only one translating, one word or structure variation and there goes the accuracy.

spec

ETA: which begs the question: Why hasn't there been additional studies and thorough translations of Sumerian artifacts/language? Is it because there is not much to compare it with for similarities, since it is one of the earliest civilizations?

edit on 30-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: add

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I think that you are right to. I believe in the spirit world but also think that ufo's are man-made and alien made.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thank you for the link, I shall look into it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join