It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Total agreement!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Common sense died a long time ago.

It happened shortly after the 2000 presidential election.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I for one think "personal" responsibility died long ago. It's easier, and more efficient to pass blame along, but to accept one could error is the true test of character. I've seen it happen with all the employer's I've worked for, when some mistake occurs, blame is usually transferred, to deflect from there incompetence.
Quite disheartening to live in such a low moral state of being as we do now.

What's been DvR'D tonight hun?
~

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head, Spiro.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Common sense died when the 10 commandments were found to be fiction?

I guess common sense died when people started believing the world is round, too.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have to agree that common sense does seem to be dead in the majority of folks, however the lady referred to below has gotten a bad rap.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize a steaming cup of coffee was hot.

McDonalds coffee was not only hot, it was scalding -- capable of almost instantaneous destruction of skin, flesh and muscle. Here's the whole story.

Link

The coffee wasn't just hot, it was HOT. 185 degrees +/- 5 degrees. She was in the hospital for eight days. And MickeyD's had over 700 people claiming that they had been burned over a ten year period. Much more detail at the above link.

On another note of the death of common sense, I would love to know the story that resulted in an iron I use to own having a warning label advising: "Not for use while showering".

edit on 1-10-2010 by BeyondTheFold because: Fixed quote

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Common sense died when the 10 commandments were found to be fiction?

I guess common sense died when people started believing the world is round, too.

Forget home-schooling. Can I be schooled off-world? Please?

Indeed, obedient adherence to dogma is the diametric opposite of common sense. Conversely, there is common sense in discerning which dogma, in whole or part, hold worthwhile truth. There is no common sense in obstinate lack of discernment.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
God is dead too if you haven't heard and we killed him.

No plagiarism.

I came up with that all by myself.

edit on 30-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

Either you say that as humor or you honestly do not know.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am curious which one ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Common sense like all other ideas and concepts that die...... have a habit of coming back from the dead.....I just know someone, somewere, will rattle on about there common sense and how its dieing.... Yup it's the returned from the grave common sense to bother some poor fools, about its death..... Was there ever such a thing as common sense?... or do we make it up as we go along?....What is common sense today, might not be so common in the future.... And if it dies and comes back to life, does that mean it's a common sense zombie?... Or like the phoenix, its reborn anew?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Oh why did common sense have to die so young? Had so much promise but now it seems like hard times end it so fast that common sense just isn't common anymore. R.I.P homie.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

But that is the irony of common sense. Those that have it feel that it should be "common" but sadly it is not. Most people I encounter, seem to have very little sense. Thus making "sense" less than common.

It reminds me about the studies that have been done regarding "average" and "above-average". Most people will consider themselves above-average in many things but this is not possible.

I see much more non-sense in my daily life, thus, non-sense is actually more common than "common" sense. So I guess non-sense is common-sense, because its more prevalent.

So it seems the OP is wrong, common-sense is still alive and well but it has taken the form of non-sense.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

No plagiarism.

Either you say that as humor or you honestly do not know.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am curious which one ?

Well obviously he is a prophet, and like all prophets he is prophesying that he knows plagiarism is and will always be plagiarised, is that not what prophet's do, only with more doom and gloom.... And if he is a good prophet he would even sarcasticly imply that someone will call him out on his plagiarising.....I to am curious as to which one it is?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Not too often I have something that good to read, thank you so much. It was sad but true. How many times when we try ro point something that doesn't look right, there is someone telling us "It's normal, everybody does it".

For me, It is like this :

1.- Somebody does something wrong.
2.- He or She doesn't get stopped, corrected or punished.
4.- Others start to copy same actions, since there isn't punishment.
5.- Soon It becomes "normal".
6.- "Normal" becomes the "new right way".
7.- You'll be considered wrong when you want to do the "real right way".

Well, only your heart can tell you if you are doing right or wrong, but the question is....what about a poisoned heart?

edit on 1-10-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wow....this "Common Sense" guy must have been an amazing poster....to have so many people mourning their loss.
Does anyone know the funeral arrangements and where I should send flowers?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondTheFold

Ha! Thanks for the a.m. giggle - On a similar note, I have contemplated the circumstances that led to my curling iron's warning tag that says "do not insert into any orifice". #@$%!!!!!!????? is all I can say to that. Maybe I'm better off not knowing on this one!...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Absolutely true...

common sense is dead

RIP

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

i agree common sense is not so common anymore. so many people are looking to get rich quick by using a lawyer people are afraid to do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure how alive common sense ever really was. It seems like it was more of a nice dream that people wished was reality. It IS a good dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've got one:
How about when the lady sued the airline $75 g's for emotional distress after falling asleep on the plane?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No plagiarism.

I did hear that...

But I also heard He rose from the dead and now lives in my heart.

No plagiarism on my part either.

He Lives !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join