It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 10 of 19)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Span.TitorUnk [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #7cfc00;] Span.TitorA [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorB [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPF [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #009900; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPP [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #800080; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorD [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorE [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #606060; font-weight: bold;] Span.IntvwQuote [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: ; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic;] The ATS John Titor Project Page 10 of 19 pg.1  pg.2  pg.3  pg.4  pg.5  pg.6  pg.7  pg.8  pg.9  pg.10  pg.11  pg.12  pg.13  pg.14  pg.15  pg.16  pg.17  pg.18  pg.19  images  02/13/01 10:51 (predictions for the future) 385 I am aware of the Mayan Calander but in 2012, it was not something I was able to think about. When the time comes, I�m sure people will find the signs they are looking for that leads them to the end of time. 02/13/01 10:51 (safety, suggestions, assorted philosophy) 386 When I say fear will keep you alive I am talking about the natural instincts and premonitions that we all trun off when its convienent. The same person who has five dead bolt locks on their door will think nothing about getting into a parking garage elevator with a total stranger. 02/13/01 10:51 (safety, suggestions, assorted philosophy) 387 I think the fear of God is the fear of separation from God. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 388 (1)Who is the Major Super Power? )) It depends on how you define power. If you mean military, the world has developed into an odd balance. There are plenty of nuclear weapons left but if anyone uses them they will be instantly erased from the planet by everyone else regardless of the politics. We are very tired of war. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 389 (2) Are the two political parties still Republicans and Democrats? There are no Republicans or Democrats to speak of. There are now over 10 major political parties. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 390 (3) How many States are there? The states as you know them still exist but their political power has been combined with other states around them. There are now 5 major geopolitical areas in the united states. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 391 (4) Which states get the worst? When you can�t drink the water its bad everywhere. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 392 (5) Were only cities along the Eastern Sea port hit in the Nuclear War, or all over the country? Mostly cities and large military areas in the entire country. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 393 (6) Do companys like Microsoft, Yahoo!, and other internet software companys still exist? No. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 394 (7) Does money look alot different than it does now? If you have a picture, could you please upload it and post the link! No, money is pretty much the same. Unfortunately, I do not have any money with me because I wouldn�t be able to use it here. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 395 (8) So then when you time travel you can never actually go back to the EXACT same place you left from? That is correct, in physical terms, I can never get back to the exact worldline I left from. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 396 (9) Was alot of the United States' 18-24 age group slaughtered in the war because of Draft? Yes. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 397 (10)Do you ever get visitors from later time periods to 2036? Not that I�m aware of but I can�t say it isn�t happening. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 398 (11) Are there any other companys, besides the one you work for that have TTs and send them out regularly? I work for the military. GE just makes the unit. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 399 (12) Does the government know there is TT going on? In 2036, yes. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 400 (13) Why were YOU selected to be a TT? What gave you special qualifications? I am related to a key figure in the development of the IBM 5100. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 401 (14) How many TTs are there on the team that you are on? How do new recruits get selected? My unit has between 6 and 10. When I left, there were 7 others. Military service, physical fitness, history or technical background and special relationship to target contacts get you in the door. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 402 (15) What all countrys are on our side in the war? What all countrys are on the oposite side? Don�t have much to add there. 02/13/01 10:51 (about the future) 403 16) Which country gets the worst in the war? Again, the entire world is affected. Even if you don�t take a direct hit, dying crops and no water can ruin your day. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 404 ((3) should know a hell of a lot more about the machines you're operating,)) I do know very much about it. I�m just not willing to share it with everyone. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 405 ((1. Is the Chevy truck better than the Ford truck for time travel. I always thought the TT package meant trailer towing. Geez was I wrong! Is Chevy still making time travel machines in 2036?)) The vehicle must have a strong suspension. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 406 ((By the way, I have some very extreme reasons to doubt that a microsignularity exists in the first place, and in the second place, if it DID exist, I doubt it would be the "size of an electron". In any case, a signularity (a black hole for those of you who haven't figured that out yet) is an extreme mass, and holding it in a magnetic field in a gravitational field as strong as Earth's would simply rip the singularity from the magnetic field causing the black hold to crash to the center of the mass of Earth. The Earth would then become part of the black hole as it grew in size, pulling in the matter of the Earth.)) I�m not sure if you want me to go over these issues one at a time or if you�re just making a point. The formula for horsepower is HP = torque X RPM / 5252. 02/13/01 10:51 (right now) 407 ((2. How did you buy your truck? How could you title it if you are only 3 years old to the title bureau at this point? You won't be able to sell it in Minnesota unless it's in your name and clear. Is the Chevy newer and how did you pay for it? Did you scrounge around to find 40 year old currency in 2036? I know I wouldn't take any money from someone that had mint marks from 2036.)) Don�t worry. Fortunately, these are things we�re taught at time travel school in �how to get around in the sarcastic 20th century. I said I didn�t have any money from 2036. I have plenty from here. 02/13/01 10:51 (about time travel) 408 ((3. Does the truck have to be running when you are travelling through time. Did you come here in a Chevy? What if you run out of gas? Are there any factory options that make it easier, like cruise control?)) The vehicle must be standing still. 02/13/01 23:32 (about time travel) 409 ((..and debunk my calculations on time travel. You can't, because you are a fraud!)) When I look up debunk, I see: �To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham or exaggerated claims.� The reason I cannot debunk your calculations is because they are true. They are not false, based on speculative facts or exaggerated. They are just incomplete. What you really want me to do is finish your explanation or I will be an imposter. 02/13/01 23:32 (about time travel) 410 ((There are, however, certain quantities that do remain constant. These constants are related to four-dimensional quantities known as metric tensors.)) Actually, I don�t think that�s correct. Minkowski spacetime (4-D) will not allow you to use Pythagoas� theorem to decribe tensors because time needs to be expressed with the opposite sign. (please excuse my change of varibale case). ds^2 = -c^2dt^2 + dx^2 + dy^2 + dz^2 (where ds describes timelike and spacelike trips). The tensor we should be discussing is: ds^2 = -a^2dt^2 + w^2(df - wdt)^2 + (r^2/ D)dr^2 + r^2dq^2 I hope I got the symbols right but you should be able to recognize this�right? nuts... the a, f, r, Delta and q didn't make the translation in this font. 02/15/01 12:07 (about time travel) 411 ACCELERATION = TIME DIALATION As pointed out earlier, acceleration will produce time dilation. This can be observed by the �twins paradox�. As one twin stays on Earth, the other twin in his accelerating spaceship experiences a slower passing of time. When he returns to Earth, he is noticeably younger than his twin who aged normally in Earth time. This type of �time travel� (should have been proven already on this worldline) with atomic clock experiments. With sufficient power, this type of time travel will only provide practical displacement in a future direction. This type of time travel is also isolated to a single worldline. You will not meet yourself. 02/15/01 12:07 (about time travel) 412 GRAVITY = ACCELERATION As Einstein pointed out with his STR, the effects of gravity and acceleration are the same. Therefore, you will experience the same time travel effects in the twin paradox by being close to a large gravity source. In the atomic clock experiments mentioned above, the reason there was a difference in time was not because the clock in the plane was moving, it was because the clock in the well was closer to the center of the Earth. Constant speed is not acceleration. 02/15/01 12:07 (about time travel) 413 LARGE GRAVITY = STATIC BLACK HOLE The next step is to find a large gravity source to use in your time machine. Static black holes provide this type of power. As one twin approaches the event horizon or edge of the black hole, the other twin will watch him as he appears to slow down. He will notice his twin�s watch run slower until it stops at the event horizon. The twin moving toward the horizon will notice none of this and see his watch running just fine. Although possible, a trip into a static black hole will not take you to another worldline and it�s one-way. The force of gravity will crush you. 02/15/01 12:07 (about time travel) 414 ROTATING BLACK HOLE = DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY Fortunately, most black holes are not static. They spin. Spinning black holes are often referred to as Kerr black holes. A Kerr black hole has two interesting properties. One, they have two event horizons and two, the singularity is not a point, it looks more like a donut. These odd properties also have a pronounced affect on the black hole�s gravity. There are vectors where you can approach the singularity without being crushed by gravity. (For those interested in seeing a graphic of a photon trip through a Kerr black hole, try here) qso.lanl.gov...

new topics

join