It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI and "national security" - what??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm whether or not (with documented evidence or reliable sources) that there is an understanding if SETI were to hypothetically find ET contact, that the news would fall under national security? I remember hearing something similar in a documentary once and I see it again referred to in other threads

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

michio kaku discussed re certain protocols on c2c.....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here's the protocol's on SETI's site:

www.seti.org...

Note, they have to contact certain research centers, individuals, and agencies, etc. prior to going public.

There are many good reasons for this.
1) They have to have absolute confirmation.
2) Need to decide how to reveal the info (but the protocol calls for prompt dissemination to the public)
3) Need to decide if we'll respond.
(just for starters)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The only possible reason that SETI has to contact certain agencies first is to give those agencies the ability to stop them realeasing alien contact to the general public,as far as I can see anyhow.

What a shame-it kind of makes the whole project a bit toothless doesn't it?
Also-How do we know for sure that they have not already reported stuff to these agencies,who have then told them not to release the info,or they go to jail for life?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is due to the national security of hiding Tesla technology.
To actually have a planetary signal as Tesla made you need
his technology which SETI or any scientific endeavor is
steered away from.
People are set and instructed to go about things all wrong
intentionally.
Live any learn.
Thus SETI must continue as it was originally set up to
provide cover for any true technology.
ED: Here is an opinion on how deep rooted the problem is:

Since so many of the Trilateral/IllumiNazi/Coercivists’ ill-gotten gains are in the motor fuel and transportation fields (ships, autos, trucks, trains and planes), I believe the truth concerning flying saucer technology, and use of it by the public, is their “Achille’s Heel”. Why else would they have labored so diligently for over fifty years keeping such technology secret, ostensibly under the guise of “national security”, except to perpetuate their coercive socio-economic, technological and political monopoly?

link see top of page

edit on 9/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Gazrok

The only possible reason that SETI has to contact certain agencies first is to give those agencies the ability to stop them realeasing alien contact to the general public,as far as I can see anyhow.

What a shame-it kind of makes the whole project a bit toothless doesn't it?
Also-How do we know for sure that they have not already reported stuff to these agencies,who have then told them not to release the info,or they go to jail for life?

Exactly! I wouldn't doubt it for a second.. What's crazy is seti is PUBLICLY funded. It's insane.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

First, forget SETI. It is nothing more than PR to help usher in the time of enlightenment, another one of those tools in the advancing the acceptance of life out there, but deflecting a focusing on what is here--the UFOs.

This issue of how the news of the discovery by SETI of distant stars with ETs hanging around it would be handled is a moot question, already dealt with twice in public records . And it is naive to think it would be handled in any other way.

Briefly, the discovery of pulsars was first believed to be signals from alien civilizations because of the then, unknown quality and consistency of the regular pulsing of the signals. I'm working from old memory, but I believe it was from English astronomers working in a facility in Ireland. They withheld their astounding data for six months before it was released having been "decided" that they were a new type of natural phenomena, and thus, not a threat to anybody except astronomers and astrophysist of the old school.

Exactly the same thing happen about two years later with the discovery by astronomers in Australia of quasars. Here was another new phenomena that escaped conventional explanations. Again, if memory serves, it was a year before it was decided that quasars was not ETs sending out signals but new, and vastly incrediblely powerful signals from another type of natural phenomena.

Understand this: Fleeting UFOs glimpsed and even imaged in Earth skies can be and are discounted in a multitude of ways by the TPTB. That happens daily to us. But pesky, persistent phenomena witnessed and recorded in the distant skies that give every indication of bein alien is a difficult problem for TPTB to handle. Then can't deny the phenomena outright because it is there! They have to deny the phenomena being what it seems and invent some new equations that explain those things, both pulsars and quasars, as natural objects, very strange, but perfectly natural nonetheless.

Their best argument was, and possible still is that they can't be artificial signals because there are so many of both types out there. --As if that is a defining point--which it isn't.

In 1964, well after the UFO phenomena were widely experienced, the Russian astronomer Nikolai Kardashev did a bit of thinking about to what extremes a civilization that didn’t kill itself off early could expect to achieve if it developed its sciences and technological skill to the extreme. Kardashev’s Scale, as it is know, does not keep track of time. Time is not a factor as we typically like to measure a continuum of evolution and revolution. The civilization (any civilization, even of slug worms) can take as long as it takes to achieve the stages he defined. In its simplest form as he wrote it, it pertained to only three stages. Since he put them to print, others have added addition stages at both end. One anthropocentric one at the bottom to give ourselves a head start to grow into and at least one more at the top to carry the scale to its utmost pinnacle of a Master-of-the -Universe type status.

Kardashev wrote his scale in scientific code, equations, utilizing watts as his unit of measure, but he need not have. The equations are rarely used as such in favor of being converted to a more visual way of understanding for the common folk.

The first stage added later by others is Type 0. A civilization residing in Type 0, position 0.1 on that scale would be little more than club wielders and fire-makers. Sagan seemed to think we fit in at about 0.7 on the Type 0 scale.

However, Kardashev’s first scale was labeled a Type I civilization. He included us near the bottom before Sagan utilized the addition of the Type 0 to bump us down while pumping us up. Hopefully, if you are human, you can understand the need for the Type 0 scale to be included to give us a high ranking 0.7 score versus being on a Type I scale at something like a 0.3 or 0.4. (We could easily use negative numbers to reach below type I, but …

A Type I civilization can interfere with and harness nature enough to harness the power of an entire planet. Note, the manner of how that is done is not relevant no more so is the length of time it took to get to that state.

A Type II civilization can tap the available power from a star. (As noted, time is not an aspect of the scales and neither is the means of retrieving the power from its resource.)

A Type III civilization can harness the available power from a galaxy. The increased complexity of moving to this stage has increased immensely by multiples too vast to think about.

Tacking on the capabilities of a Type IV civilization and even a Type V, as others after Kardashev have done, would either include a large sector of the Universe, the whole Universe, any and all Universes, dimensions, etc. which, of course, would make that civilization akin to—if not the creator of the Universe, but the opposite, a destructor of, or the User of, the Universe.

If you need to allow it, those few sentences can give you a whole new perspective on where we reside today in our current situation. I said it earlier, and I will say it again, we are a Third World world. The quicker we come to terms with that, the less severe will be our awakening to reality.

As for what pulsars and quasars REALLY are, keep you mind open.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Sorry, folks, I got carried away with quoting from a work of mine and could have said a lot less here about kardashev!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Perhaps it is a Universal Law that everything is done according to Treaty and Protocols. There is always a chain of command.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeah,,,

makes you wonder now doesn't it? I had Seti running on my CPU for many years. On and off, in the

earlier days it would lag my memory up so I would shut it down. Eventually I had a CPU with max RAM

so I would let it do its thing. On more than one occasion, the spikes were very unusual and it would

process these in a different manner. I had shared a lot of processing time. Then one day, I noticed

Triplets and Geometric signals that were highly unusual as compared to the rare spike or triplet pattern.

So I emailed Seti about this, as I was under the impression that any participant that helped process

a possible discovery would be recognized. Well, guess what....They completely stonewalled me.

It figures. I felt like a guy who had a winning lottery ticket which falls out of his pocket on a rainy

night as he gets into a cab. There it goes into the storm drain. (camera fade out).

Anyway, it could have been nothing, but I was alerted when they Completely failed to explain.

In fact, Seti failed to meet its own "terms of Agreement". Anyway, I was a Bright and Shiny Idiot

once too. I must say, I may have been a great deal happier then. I Wonder......

Great Post! S&F Thanks! Wildmanimal

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Molan27

Now That is "Out of the Box" thinking. ATS Think Tank ......All Aboard!!!!????!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's the protocol's on SETI's site:

www.seti.org...

Note, they have to contact certain research centers, individuals, and agencies, etc. prior to going public.

There are many good reasons for this.
1) They have to have absolute confirmation.
2) Need to decide how to reveal the info (but the protocol calls for prompt dissemination to the public)
3) Need to decide if we'll respond.
(just for starters)

I wonder exactly who gets to decide if we will respond and then who gets to decide exactly what the response will be..
Thats a HUGE thing to have to decide

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Assuming they travel faster than light, wouldnt they reach us before we hear them?

Arent the signals supposed to be taking like, 1000's of years to get here, its going to be a bloody boring conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Dear Shino

So there you have it from one of the US top boffins Michio Kaku and he says there is no point in listening to documentaries about SETI or for that matter any of the others because TPTB will hide the truth. No matter what.

There is already a protocol I for get the name now but it was done in the 50’s. Something like the Henderson report, ok well that is not it but I am sure someone else will remember it.

There is going to be no disclosure if indeed you need disclosure from TPTB until you have a spacecraft land somewhere significant in plan site.

Manly because as soon as it happens TPTB will no longer be TPTB. Yes that is right they will lose their power and money, don’t forget the money.

I find myself concluding that all this has indeed already happened. They are never going to tell you till there is no other possibility, that you can bank on.

I base this conclusion on the fact that these pilots are seeing something when it is back up by other pilots and radar. Therefore even as some will say these things are ours we are living in one of two very real realities and that tech came from somewhere other than here.

Sorry I just can’t see it any other way as mad as it sounds.

top topics

join