It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navigation satellites contend with stormy Sun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Just as we grow used to satellite navigation in everyday life, media reports argue that a coming surge in solar activity could render satnav devices useless, perhaps even frying satellites themselves. Is it true?
No.

“These Galileo In-Orbit Validation (IOV) satellites will indeed go up during a period of enhanced solar activity,” explains Bertram Arbesser-Rastburg, head of ESA’s Electromagnetics and Space Environment division.

“But the solar max is hardly a surprise event. Astronomers counting sunspots have tracked the solar cycle for more than 250 years. All the indications are this solar max will not be especially energetic

www.esa.int...

So there has been a lot of talk, speculation and fear of late concerning the upcoming solar maximum and how it may cripple our satellites and electronic infrastructure. But the ESA has designed satellites not only to gather data about any radiation threat but designs their satellites to hold up to any threat.
In 2006 many satellites were affected by a X3 class Coronal Mass Ejection and together with data collected from a pair of test satellites launched in 05 and 08 means that the ESA are fully prepared for any solar activity their four new Galileo IOV satellites could face.
en.wikipedia.org...(satellite_navigation)

Basically the Galileo satellites like other GNSS (the European version of GPS) and the EGNOS satellites already in orbit are in an orbit zone which is more prone to being affected by solar activity but not only are they heavily shielded specifically for solar activity, increased solar monitoring makes any threat from solar activity easily monitored and provisions can be put in place to handle any difficulties.

“In the worst case – perhaps during a geomagnetic storm, when an incoming coronal mass ejection completely churns up the ionosphere – the system might tell the user not to rely on it at all. But that would not be a total shutdown, just local unavailability on a scale of hundreds of kilometres, like getting caught up in an incident of bad weather – except this would be space weather.”

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wonder if a pressure wave is felt by satellites throwing them off course.
When its physical, science says its electrical, (Sun radiation of charged
particles), and when an electrical mechanism, (Tesla ships), its a
gravity event. Although the hidden truth is both are the same is not to
be told.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hmm, if I understand you correctly and I'm not sure I do(it's late and I'm tired), a pressure wave would have no effect in the vacuum of space. Much in the same way sound cannot be heard in space as it is only a pressure wave to begin with. But yeah I may have missed your point completely and it's possible I am wrong any how, but as far as I know you can't have a pressure wave in space.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Pressure, physical pressure can indeed be exhibited by electrical to ether, Tesla's ether that
not only exists in our atmosphere but also between Sun and the Earth.
On Earth Tesla spoke of examples of electrical pressure.
The Sun's explosions of electrical charges will set up ether sound waves that would most likely
cause pressure on metal satellites.
Ether theory wise thinking that is.

edit on 9/30/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well considering that there has not been a single example of that having even the slightest effect on any satellites in the history of satellites I would expect that theory either doesn't hold true or at the least has no noticeable effect that would cause any concern.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Well considering that there has not been a single example of that having even the slightest effect on any satellites in the history of satellites I would expect that theory either doesn't hold true or at the least has no noticeable effect that would cause any concern.

I'm not privy to day to day sat performance as there are correction procedures using
perhaps secret techniques.
First off the ether influence is top secret.
Thus sat corrections due to ether as a source would have to be secret.
By now the correction device in the sat (gas runs out but a Tesla coil ether pressure coil
can be used.....if I was recommending sat devices they would be used and they are
before I even saw the patent) is surly secret by now and at one time reference Tesla
as a source.

So the ether transmission of pressure from the Sun effects satellites.
And a coil ether pressure of Tesla device is on satellites to make path
corrections. Both secret in my estimate so you and I would never
care or figure it out.

The sat device patent is in my profile.
ED:see page 6
in:
Comment from: TeslaandLyne on: 9/15/2008 @ 12:05 PM
the delphion.com links have patent numbers at the end.
I do not have a full development however and electric force attitude adjustment
does reference Tesla and says no longer in use.
Go figure, a device powered by sun panel electricity to move the satellite
is not going to be used. If anything this was moved into secret.

edit on 10/1/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Then it really wouldn't matter what anybody could say next would it?
I mean you are sold on Tesla's outdated Aether ideas as being a real fundamental force despite them not being necessary or even evident, and also of the huge and frankly unworkable cover up that you alude to.
The space industry is not that unreachable nor is it full of lies.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Then it really wouldn't matter what anybody could say next would it?
I mean you are sold on Tesla's outdated Aether ideas as being a real fundamental force despite them not being necessary or even evident, and also of the huge and frankly unworkable cover up that you alude to.
The space industry is not that unreachable nor is it full of lies.

There are plenty of secrets which some might call lies.
The biggest of course is undeniably from Tesla.
So big that the lies keep adding up equating to more and more secrets or lies.
Open up the books on Tesla, be my guest so we can all take a look.

new topics

top topics

join