It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's, Free Energy and Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi fellow ATSers,

I have just finished watching Steven Greer's Disclosure Project Vol 2 from 2001 and episode 7/8 pretty much changed the way I now think about disclosure and why the public are being kept in the dark about the whole UFO phenomena.

I used to think it was because the Governments of the World did not want to appear that they could not control and defend their airspace but watching this has made me now question that. The narrators in this video present a different set of reasons for the secrecy and I have to say that these reasons make more sense.

It is all to do with Free Energy Technology and the grip that Energy Corporations have on humanity. I ask that you watch this video and then post your thoughts
Thanks and enjoy...

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Rigel Kent.....

I have just finished watching Steven Greer's Disclosure Project Vol 2

I haven't.

Do you know why?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

This is the matter of the most dangerous and greatest secret of human kind, from ever.
Alien disclosure and... Free Energy.
No other words.
S&F.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Did you watch the video that I posted?
Do you have any view on why the secrecy and reluctance of Governments to give disclosure?
In your view, is it due to pressure from the Fossil fuel & Nuclear energy Corporations?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

This is the matter of the most dangerous and greatest secret of human kind, from ever.
Alien disclosure and... Free Energy.
No other words.
S&F.

Arken.....

"This is the matter of the most dangerous and greatest" UFO & free energy hoaxer "of human kind, from ever".

"No other words".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

Did you watch the video that I posted?
Do you have any view on why the secrecy and reluctance of Governments to give disclosure?
In your view, is it due to pressure from the Fossil fuel & Nuclear energy Corporations?

Rigel Kent.....

As per my previous reply to you.....

Do you want to know why I didn't watch it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I asked if members could watch the video that I posted and give their comments.
Greer is the presenter, The information comes from other narrators and presenters.
Perhaps if you watch it first, then you could comment.
Thanks,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Rigel Kent.....

Reardon is a loony.

Greer is a liar.

I can leave it at that, or I can post the 7 terrabyte explanation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03b0357ba5f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 30-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The disclosure project comprises of many witness testimonies (including many ex government employees) It is about that information more than its about Greer. Just because a certain website has made allegations against Greer, I think it is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater and discount all other witnesses.

I am well aware of the allegations against Greer, they can be discussed on other ATS threads and are NOT the topic of discussion here. I have embedded 1 episode out of 8 from the disclosure project because I feel that there is information which is interesting to members here. Please can you watch the video and comment as politely requested.

Thanks,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Maybe not, are you always on the edge of the cup eh?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Rigel Kent.....

Just because a certain website has made allegations against Greer

A certain website?

As in one website?

Are you saying only one website has made "certain allegations" against Greer?

"Allegations"?

Are you saying that Greer has only alledgedly done something wrong?

Are you saying that only one website has said that Greer has done something wrong & even that was only alledgedly wrong?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Maybe not, are you always on the edge of the cup eh?

Arken.....

What does "always on the edge of the cup" mean?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
Hi fellow ATSers,

I have just finished watching Steven Greer's Disclosure Project Vol 2 from 2001 and episode 7/8 pretty much changed the way I now think about disclosure and why the public are being kept in the dark about the whole UFO phenomena.

Well, first I want my 15 minutes back.

Next, the short and simple answer is: they're all full of shiite.

Some are certifiable and some are simple con men and hucksters. It's almost impossible to tell which is which.

No one has, or is ever likely to develop, a free energy machine extracting zero point energy.

Here's and explanation from someone much smarter than me: www.scientificamerican.com...

Disclosure has not happened because there is nothing to disclose. There is no sooper secret cabal of greedy capitalists telling the world governments what they can or cannot say based on their profit motive.

The simple, disheartening, truth is our government, and others, knows no more about UFOs than we do. They have a slightly different data set derived from military observations but no more detailed information. There are no captive aliens or preserved bodies. We do not have captured, or human reproduced, flying saucers. The "crash" at Roswell was a Mogul balloon.

Unlike most UFO researchers here and at other sites, the US government has looked at all the public, and their private, data and concluded: We don't know more because there is no more to know. All unexplained sightings would be explainable as mundane occurences if all the data was available.

Now I think there's a pretty good chance they're wrong about that but it makes their response to UFO sightings much simpler.

I was reluctant to watch the video because I think Greer is both certifiable and a con man:

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Hi Maybe... Maybe Not

Your feelings about Greer are a matter of public record. I don't think any more needs to be said about him in this thread.

The thread is about whether or not concerns from energy companies could be the reason behind UFO secrecy.

In my opinion, if UFOs are known to be nuts-and-bolt craft by some people in power then clearly it's going to be a legitimate consideration for those people when considering making the facts known. Especially if those people also have interests in oil companies or whatever.

If UFOs are craft then they must have a power source.

The amount of power they use must be fairly large considering their reported manoeuvres.

Furthermore, it seems as though the power source may be 'clean' - no noise, no emissions although that's only speculation based on external observations. Who knows, they may be dumping their waste on the far side of the moon or firing it into the sun.

Whatever the power source it would certainly present a challenge to power companies in the short term and possibly longer, if indeed it was discovered to be 'free energy'.

Whether it's the main reason, I doubt it. There's a tendency to always ascribe sinister motives to people in power especially on sites like this one. However, people are rarely so one-dimensional in real life. There's good and bad in all of us and I see no reason why that shouldn't be true of those in power (assuming they're not lizards, natch
).

Yes there will likely be a large amount of self interest in any decision to withhold the facts but it's also not beyond the realms of possibility that the decision has been made (if it has has been made) with the best interests of the planet in mind, or at least what those making the decision consider the best reasons. Whether the public would agree with those reasons is another matter.

edit on 30/9/2010 by MarrsAttax because: changed emphasis to bold - Why is my post in italics gaaaargh!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Oh MarrsAttaxx.....

It's just awful stuff.

You can't possibly believe that video might explain why the "government" won't tell us about aliens.

You seem way too smart to for that.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well I didn't watch it all but I don't know that it's wrong to discuss the idea as a concept. I can't see a reason why energy wouldn't be considered as a reason for non-disclosure. Our economy is heavily dependent on oil so anything that would challenge that would have to be considered by those in power, wouldn't it? Along with the other usual reasons given; religion, panic, fear of communism etc.

That doesn't mean I think that the government already has zero point energy devices which appears to be what Gr**r is claiming.

But if it was announced tomorrow that UFOs are ET craft, it wouldn't be too long before the people were clamouring to be able to use their power source (or have their own UFO - that's what I'd be asking for
)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

By the way is it just the people you have a problem with or the science or both?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It is all to do with Free Energy Technology and the grip that Energy Corporations have on humanity.

Rigel Kent, I am an Electrical Power Engineer and I can tell you that free energy or creating energy out of nothing (perpetual motion) is simply impossible. This is to do with the first and second laws of thermodynamics, you can read up on this at your lesuire. Here's a good easy to understand website.

If you can prove that the first and second laws of thermodynamics are wrong you will become a very rich man.

Of course I fully expect the answer form other ATS users that this is because the science behind free energy is being hidden from us because its alien technology (that is, if they are actually visiting us and made contact)! But lets look at this logically before we accept Greer's and everyone elses words at face value. Just becuase someone claims something (without evidence might I add) doesnt mean its true.

Lets say for arguments sake the 'energy companies' had the patent or design for a free energy machine, don't you think they would sell this to everyone who wanted it for an extortionate amount of money (more than the amount it costs for oil or gas for a lifetime)?

Not everyone would be able to afford it so they would still be relying on oil, gas etc.

Also I assume that this free energy device would power a single household and need regular maintenance as may have moving parts, etc. In addition to this the companies would save enourmous amounts of money they now spend on maintenance and errection of existing power lines, manpower, research and development into re-newable energy's. I'm just skimming the surface here too!!

Extortionate amount for free energy device + savings on Manpower, erection/ maintenanceof kit + no more R&D costs = BIG BUCKS

If you think about this logically it's obvious to see that all this stuff about free energy is complete and utter nonsense. Thats just my opinion, prove me wrong.

This post will probably get ignored because the truth is less interesting than the BS other people like to create and believe as the 'truth'.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Welsh_Mulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
All unexplained sightings would be explainable as mundane occurences if all the data was available.

Not according to J Allen Hynek and Blue Book. In that study it was found that the more data that was available the more likely the encounter would be unexplained.

I'll try and dig out a source.

Here we are.

"One would intuitively expect that more "Unknowns" would be generated by the less reliable observers, and that, therefore, we should find the highest percentage of "Unknowns" among the Doubtful or Poor reports. (Condon and others had indeed indicated that unexplained sightings came invariably from poor observers.) Quite the opposite proved to be the case: out of 970 Excellent- and Good-rated reports, 259, or 27 percent were classified "Unknown." But out of 1,229 Doubtful- and Poor-rated reports, 175 or 14 percent were classified "Unknown." ... More simply stated, the most reliable reports contained twice as many "Unknowns" as did the poorer reports!

Source: The Hynek UFO Report, Dr J Allen Hynek Sphere Books 1978 Pages 272-273

Hynek is discussing a Pentagon commissioned report carried out by the Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio in 1952.

edit on 30/9/2010 by MarrsAttax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

If UFOs are craft then they must have a power source.
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I agree MarrsAttax, they would need a power source or even a way to convert the power of the sun directly to power the craft. The sun is the source of all our energy.
Imagine if you could create a device which could harness the power of the sun? Unlimited power. This is how I think a highly advanced civilisation, visiting earth, would overcome the problem of powering their craft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join