It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD 'Is Passed On Through The Genes'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I don't know what the point of that post was. You seem to be confused as to the FACT that ADHD DOES exist and are lumping all people into the same frame. Let's check out what Ritalin does to non-ADHD peope:

Ritalin abuse has increased in recent years, particularly among teenagers and college-aged kids. However, the primary abusers seem to be the non-ADHD individuals who purchase and use Ritalin illegally. Some college students take Ritalin to boost energy levels while pulling all-nighters or cramming for examinations. Others use Ritalin to lose weight. Still others like Ritalin for the high it gives non-ADHD people. Studies suggest that the dosage level of Ritalin used to treat ADHD isn't enough to become addictive.

www.ehow.com...

Notice that last one, I've bolded it for you. I didn't get high off of it. See my post above:

When they were going to put my daughter on Ritalin I took it for a week to see what it did. It was good. The ear worms disappeared. I wasn't distracted by secondary noises that others don't hear unless it's pointed out to them. The doctor asked if I wanted to go on it. Nope, BIG drawback. It also slowed down my thought process.

That makes it clear that ADHD exists. Equating non-ADHD people to ADHD people is the flaw in your argument. Would you take insulin if you weren't diabetic? Would you go through chemo if you didn't have cancer? Think about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh Pish Posh....

Your putting a Band-Aid on a broken arm.

Neurological disorders of this typed are easily explained by heavy metal ion absorption during gestation.

The metal Ions disrupt neural growth, and short out neural pathways responsible for the accurate communication of a muscle movement back to the brain. (This is done with Dopamine)

Let's see... We Got Aluminum causing Alzheimer's....

The chief symptoms of Alzheimer's disease are progressive decline of memory and other higher mental functions. These changes are associated with the loss of brain cells and the development of two kinds of microscopic damage in the brain known as 'plaques' and 'tangles'.

Plaques consist of an abnormal deposit of a particular protein called beta amyloid between the brain cells. Tangles occur within cells, and are formed from abnormal thread-like deposits of a protein called tau, which is normally part of the cell's 'skeleton'.

This is evidence of Neural Tubual decay caused by the aluminum ions.

Mercury for Autism...

Thimerisol is DESIGNED to get Mercury PAST the blood/brain Barrier by breaking down into Ethers.... (Alcohol)

Depositing Mercury into the Brain.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Oh Pish Posh....

Gotcha. You aren't going to listen to those with experience. You prefer what you read. Let me ask you a question. If you're in a difficult situation would you rather have someone with you that has years of experience or one that has read about it?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Gotcha. You aren't going to listen to those with experience. You prefer what you read. Let me ask you a question. If you're in a difficult situation would you rather have someone with you that has years of experience or one that has read about it?

Are we talking about Listening to those who have experience at *NOT PAYING ATTENTION*, or are we talking about....

I don't know.... the Ethical considerations of designing molecules to put in flu shots that deliberately screw up children's brains?

You tell me that "Attention Deficit Disorder" is a "REAL" disease.... but the Symptoms are what we ordinarily see in children.

And the *CURE* .... wow... It's a psycho-stimulant narcotic.

But, NO... you are absolutely RIGHT....

*HERE AT ABOVE TOP SECRET*

We do not allow Outside discussion of any kind....

/sarcasm

ADD and ADHD are NOT psychological Disorders... or Genetic Problems, or any crap like that.

IT is Caused by Heavy Metal Poisoning, and we are treating it like it's inherent.

-Edrick
edit on 5-10-2010 by Edrick because: error correction

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Are these people serious? Is everything going to get the "genetic" stamp placed on it these days. It's genetic, take a pill.

Troy

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You tell me that "Attention Deficit Disorder" is a "REAL" disease.... but the Symptoms are what we ordinarily see in children.

ADD and ADHD are NOT psychological Disorders... or Genetic Problems, or any crap like that. IT is Caused by Heavy Metal Poisoning, and we are treating it like it's inherent.

so Edrick - are you saying the fake symptoms that we ordinarily see in real children are being caused by heavy metal poisoning?

:-)

just wondering

Spira -

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

so Edrick - are you saying the fake symptoms that we ordinarily see in real children are being caused by heavy metal poisoning?

:-)

just wondering

Spira -

Yeah... yeah... I hear ya.

They are trying to say that it is a "Genetic" disorder... like a Genetic Defect...

It is not a "Disorder" it is a "Symptom" of a very SPECIFIC affliction.

Metal poisoning.

The term "Attention Deficit (Hyperactive) Disorder" is a Psychology Term, not a Medical-science term.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

They are trying to say that it is a "Genetic" disorder... like a Genetic Defect...

It is not a "Disorder" it is a "Symptom" of a very SPECIFIC affliction.

you know what Edrick? you and I have different positions on this topic - with this one exception - and on this I agree with you completely

the word disorder could not be more useless - it's actually done more harm than good

it's pejorative - straight out of the gate

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join