It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would jesus do if faced with an alien invasion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
would he tell the people they were angels sent from heaven?
would he call for dad to come help because the aliens were messing up the story?
or would he welcome them with open arms as brothers?

discuss

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Jesus's people were faced with an alien invasion. The Sanhedrin was Roman occupied. So what did he say about the Romans?

Religion to Jesus was a personal relationship between the individual and God the father. Jesus would probably tell you to give unto the aliens what is the aliens and give to God what is God's. He most likely would not support an uprising, since there were plenty of Jewish revolutionaries during his day staging such things against the Romans and there's basically zero evidence that he ever stepped in, despite identifying himself as a Jew.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Jesus on his flying horse pigasses with a flaming sword verses an intergalactic Romulan battle cruiser,sounds like a no-contest to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
would he tell the people they were angels sent from heaven?
would he call for dad to come help because the aliens were messing up the story?
or would he welcome them with open arms as brothers?

discuss

Why if they came asking for anything he'd say

"Let the children first be fed, since it isn't good to take bread out of children's mouths and throw it to the dogs!"

then get guilty and throw them a bone...

edit on 30/9/2010 by badw0lf because: i did not correctly put in place together the arrangement of letters in order to successfully combine them as a word.

edit on 30/9/2010 by badw0lf because: I did not correctly put in place together the arrangement of letters in my edit line, to successfully combine them as a word.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
purely as an accademic exercise - just note what jesus has done every time mans inhumanity to his fellow man has reared its ugly head on this planet

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Simple - He would either be the alien invasion, or he would end it because the alien invasion was the devil.

If you mean what would He do if other evil aliens apart from the devil, invaded, He would probably leave us to fight it out. And I wouldn't blame Him. I don't know how He puts up with the stupidity of mankind. We never learn our lessons.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Personally, If i was Jesus, and Aliens were invading earth.
I'd turn the ocean into wine, and drink as much as I could, before going to meet these aliens.
That'd be awesome.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think He'd be pretty upset and scold them: "You Venusian twits, you were supposed to make the UFO look like a cloud to hoist me up to heaven, not stand there in front of all these people like stick-insects. Now I have to turn more water into wine...".

(Of course the point is, that never happened.)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If aliens had infiltrated the planet, Jesus wouldn't oppose them outright, or they would stop him before He completed His mission.
Instead He'd warn us in parables, like Ephesians 6:12: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against rulers of this world ... against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I don't think back then He meant humans like abortionists, gays or single mothers.
Maybe He meant the devil or Lucifer, perhaps another alien?
Well gods, angels, devils, demons - by definition they are aliens. They are not of this world.
Maybe one day He will tell them - this My turf, I saw it first so you go elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join