It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse reacts to woodward book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

White House Reacts to (NYT Report About) Woodward Book

interesting quotes:

* The US Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan
Richard Holbrooke says of the new strategy, “it can’t work.”

* Lt. Gen. Douglas E. Lute, the president’s adviser on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is said to think president’s reviews of the strategy going forward did not “add up” to his ultimate decision.

The book describes President Obama pushing a withdrawal timetable because, “I can’t lose the whole Democratic Party.”

www.3quarksdaily.com...

"Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers"

During a flight in May, after a glass of wine, Petraeus told his own staffers that the administration was "[expletive] with the wrong guy."

www.foxnews.com...

"United States Could 'Absorb' Another Terror Attack, Obama Says in Woodward Book"

"We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger,"

"I'm not doing long-term nation-building. I am not spending a trillion dollars," he reportedly told Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in October 2009. "I want an exit strategy," he said at one meeting

"This comment suggests an alarming fatalism on the part of President Obama and his administration," she said in a statement. "Once again the president seems either unwilling or unable to do what it takes to keep this nation safe. The president owes the American people an explanation."

ok americans do we really have a commander in chief? what do we have sitting there in that oval office?

do we have a politician? do we have a man worried about his own power? or do we have a man looking out for the average john and jane?

the stances he has taken repeatedly simply infuriate me and when we have men and womens lives on the line its high time "MR HIGH AND MIGHTY" stop robbing the futures of those men and women in harms way and start giving them one.

my 2 cents i post and you decide and feel free to comment and make your own observations.

edit on 29-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"This comment suggests an alarming fatalism on the part of President Obama and his administration," she said in a statement. "Once again the president seems either unwilling or unable to do what it takes to keep this nation safe. The president owes the American people an explanation."

Hmm...... Talk about History repeating itself ..........Sounds like Kissinger and Nixon in '68 , and we All know what Happen there.............Sigh .

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

In all fairness what does Obama know about fighting a war? Can anybody tell me which Presidents since IKE have had that expeirence?

They voted for Change and got a Chump.
Maybe he'll earn that peace prize after all

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Obama is Unqualified to be the President of these United States . That is fairly obvious to me . The Man is Way over his head .

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Then he should be listening to his Generals. They have trained and studied warfare. Many of them first hand veterans of combat. You would think that somebody supposedly as smart as Obama is supposed to be would know when he should listen to them instead of firing them and putting in place a YES man.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When was the LAST Time the US Military Fought a War with the Explicit Purpose of Winning it ?

Answer - WWII

It is not the Modern Military that is the cause of this , but the Civilian Political Leadership . .Go Figure ...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Its nice to see Woodward giving Obama the same treatment he gave Bush.

At least it proves he isn't a partisan shill like a lot of those radio talk show guys. I used to be a big fan of Limbaugh during the Clinton years. The when Bush got elected, I noticed him praising Bush for doing a lot of the same things Clinton had done. It seemed to me that he had compromised his principals for party loyalty and I haven't been able to listen to him since without getting angry about his hypocrisy.

top topics

join