It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Greg Giraldo Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

E! News reports comedian Greg Giraldo, best known for his role as judge on “Last Comic Standing,” died today in New Brunswick, NJ.

Giraldo, 44, was hospitalized last weekend after accidentally overdosing on prescription pills.

Jim Norton, fellow comic and friend of Giraldo, announced the news after tweeting a photo of the two with the message, "RIP Buddy."

www.comcast.net...

How many more are gonna die because of prescription drug overdoses? It's an epidemic!

RIP dear Greg.

edit on 29-9-2010 by berkeleygal because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What a shame... He was one my favorite comics.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
What a shame... He was one my favorite comics.

mine too, he is funny as heck.

sucks hes gone.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That is sad news indeed. I enjoyed his jokes on every Comedy Central roast. He was a funny guy.

So many good comedians die young, but it is always said that the funniest people are funny because of the tremendous amout of pain they have endured in life.

RIP

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is interesting is the story from Craig Gass is that Greg supposedly OD'd while in room with comedian Artie Lange who tried to commit suicide earlier this year by stabbing himself multiple times while strung out. Artie recently has come back to doing comedy clubs at the moment. So it's pretty sad all the oxycodone addicts.

I take oxycodone myself for herniated disc in my back but with all the od's with it, i stay pretty scared of taking too much.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Rest in peace, Greg. One of the best of his time. Extremely intelligent and always funny. He will be greatly missed.

-B

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah, he'll definitely be missed on the Roasts. I wouldn't be surprised if Comedy Central roasted him in eulogy.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I was thinking the same thing Dr Love!

I wonder how raunchy they would be, probably not so much towards him, ya know "don't speak ill of the dead" and all that stuff.

But Comedy Central should really have a Roast for Greg.

top topics

join