It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner surprise: Dems barely get votes to adjourn after floor speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So the Dems are more concerned about the elections than their actual jobs they were elected to do in the first place? I swear, they are so twisted up about the upcoming elections it's not even funny. I guess somehow this will be blamed on the republicans as holding up Obamas agenda again.......or maybe even it'll be Bush's fault again.

"Members who voted to adjourn were "putting their election above the needs of your constituents," Boehner said in his speech. "Vote no on this adjournment resolution. Give Congress the chance to vote on extending tax rates."

Following the vote, Pelosi's office criticized Boehner's speech, saying it did not contain productive solutions to help aid the economic recovery."

I did find it refreshing that a couple of Dems up for reelection still voted to stay until this was handled, however, they overwhelmingly were against doing the right thing again. Ah well, business as usual.

thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

im telling you this boehner is right and hes been right about alot of everything

pelosi comments for the past 2 years did not contain any productive solutions to help anyone but herself and the lefts power..................

man if the gop wins in november both houses and othe lefts takes a significant hit i will be celebrating like it was the 4th of july.

and then i will continue to be up my state representatives to keep the heat on their butts.

i wanna see boehner as speaker of the house tan or no tan

edit on 29-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Considering the Dems Vs Reps War going on in the Country and Media lately , I figure it like this...........The Lesser of the TWO EVILS at this Particular Moment in Time are the Republicans . If the Economy IS the Major Issue amoung Disgruntled Americans today , then Vote Republican in the up comonig Mid Term Elections and then Hold these Bastids to their Promises of being " Business Friendly " if we the PEOPLE Cede to them more Power . If they don't come Through , then just to Spite them , We Reelect Obumya to a Second Term ............My 2 Cents....

edit on 29-9-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I've wondered if maybe they didn't mean to lose control in these elections so that when it continues on it's downward spiral...........the republicans will catch the blame and assure a re election for Obama, because I just don't see him doing so any other way.

new topics

top topics

join