It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who shot 12-year-old won't face charges, but boy will .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So the two thugs in training 12 and 13 years old, broke out her windows and threw bricks at her? They were problem children in the nieghborhood and everyone knew it. The police according to people from the area were always slow to respond. So she shoots them while they are throwing bricks at her................an elderly woman. Should she have shot them? Yes/No your thoughts on this.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Being that she is an elderly woman, and could be easily killed by flying bricks, then yes... She had every right to shoot those boys. Self defense is never pretty.

edit on 29-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I think she should take up target practice.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If I was an elderly woman incapable of defending myself physically and a couple of punk kids started throwing bricks at me, I'd blow their heads clean off.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes, no question.

Self-defense is self-defense. A brick is a deadly weapon.

edit on 9/29/2010 by eNumbra because: second line

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sounds like self-defense to me.

I hope the boys learned a valuable lesson.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Good for this old women and I praise the police for actually doing the right thing here. Throwing bricks at anyone is assault with a deadly weapon. These kids could have very easily caused her death by either striking her in the head with a brick, or caused it indirectly. What would have happened if they threw bricks at her, causing her to run for cover and she trips and falls thus causing her severe injury or even death? Believe it or not I have witnessed first hand a person die simply because they fell down and struck their head on the ground.

I feel for the parents and the boys, but when they ask who would shoot a 12 year old... I have to respond with where were you as this child's parent that he would have such a disregard for other people's lives? I have seen way way too many parents who allow their kids to do as they please, and when someone retaliates, THEN they want to be parents and run to their child's defense.

I realize as a parent you can not be there every second of the day. I realize that as children, they will push the line and test to see how far they can push things. However, by all reports these kids are known troublemakers. Your chance to be a parent was well before this incident. Be happy your child is not dead for his mistakes, and now stop blaming his victim and go parent your child. Maybe next time he wont be so lucky, and as a parent you should be happy you have a second chance to set your child straight.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
YES!
100% YES!
Don't allow Thugs to intimidate you, no matter your, sex, age or who you vote for, Take Them Out!

edit on 29-9-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Sadly, i some what agree. A brick to the head and shes gone. She could not throw it back. But, i would say shoot the ground. Not the selfish kids.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would fire a warning shot, then try to go for a painful shot that won't kill them.
Bricks flying at high speeds can be very deadly.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Its stories like this that make me wish I lived in the US.

If a similar thing happened to my mother here in London she would be in Jail in a second and the boys would be given free counselling to help them get over their "traumatic experience"

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wasn't there so, I don't have a lot of info to go on, but I would try to resolve the issue without violence first. However, I'm not an old lady; I'm pretty confident I could defend myself against 12-13 year olds, bricks or no.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
I would fire a warning shot, then try to go for a painful shot that won't kill them.
Bricks flying at high speeds can be very deadly.

So I have to ask, if you fire a "warning shot" and are then struck in the head with a brick, how are you then able to go for painful shot that wont kill?

Fact is she shot him in his shoulder. Is that not a painful shot that didn't kill?

There is something really wrong with people when you can not defend against deadly force with deadly force! Here is a good experiment for you..... police are allowed to respond to deadly force with deadly force. So go get a brick and throw it at a cop and let me know how it works out you

As humans we have a divine right to protect ourselves from an aggressor who wishes to do us harm. This is not a women who went out looking for a fight. This fight came to her doorstep.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Someone attacks me ........................ yes I am going to fight back.

A old decrepet peson against a couple young punks..............I would have my gun drawn and ready.

I will go out, as old and as decrepid as I am fighting on my feet.

A decent person would fight for the rights of children and the elderly.........not victimize them.

Some people are service to self and some are servie to others.

I pray I am the latter.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Obviously these kids weren't too young to assault an old lady, so yes, they got what was coming to them. Kids can do some pretty messed up things these days. Hoepfully this is a wake up call.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A warning shot through the liver would have been most appropriate. The downside is now the kid has a gunshot wound to show to all the homeys. Social Services should pay a visit to the kid's parents and find out why they are raising little gangsters.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Besides the big headline.. this is another indicator of where we all went wrong as a Society these past 30 or so years.

It is we who allowed increasingly more violent games that we know desensitized the kids to extreme violence and even gave the concept that Violence is the only way to do anything. The movies we let them watch did the same thing. The music we let them listen did the same thing.

And we fostered the gang mentality with it's supporting mental acceptance of violence as an everyday thing in our life.

We must take the blame here... for we are our Society.

The only way to change it is to insure we return to far more effective ways of parenting, that we restrict media/games/movies/music to what is suitable for our own childrens stage of growth and age.

And this too requires the dumping of such bleeding-heart beliefs as the rights of the child over the parent. It's time to return to the rights of the parent to do what is needed to insure their children become productive members of society instead of Thugs admiring the Gangtsa Lifestyle portrayed everywhere you look in their culture.. and running roughshod over their disempowered parents.

I'm all for protecting children from abuse.. but we have built a society where children are now the worst abusers in the family... something is seriously wrong here and we need to fix it quickly before it spirals into mayhem.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Acording to other reports in the news. (this has been all over the chicago news.) These boys have harrassed this women on many other ocassions, and have caused trouble within the neighborhood before.
I agree with the other poster that "Thank God these parents get a second chance to talk some sense into these kids and turn their lives around." It sounds to me like these boys are not being kept busy enough and there parents don't know what their up too. This neighborhood they are from is not the best. That doesn't mean that everyone that lives there is bad. However I think if you have kids and you live in an area that has a high crime rate. Kids this age have no business being out on the streets unsupervised. Whether this elderly lady was crabby or what ever. She did not deserve to have bricks and verbal abuse put upon her. I really don't agree that she should be able to shoot at someone.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The boys were old enough to know what they were doing was wrong and capable enough to put enough strength behind the bricks to kill her. She had every right to defend herself - I hope this taught them a lesson!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

this is a tough call for me to make yeah she had every right to protect herself and yes bricks being thrown at her could have killed her.

should she have shot at the yes but with what old people use to use a shotgun loaded with rock salt.

either way bullets or rock salt the little punks should have learned the lesson.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join