It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

I say we have squatters right's. I didn't sign a contract to live here.

I don't know why some people believe that they are going to be humanities messiah. If all this ET stuff is meaningfully leaning towards disclosure of some entities we've been in contact with, etc. I think it is important to remember that they are not people. We can not begin to speculate on their motivations or their interpretations of our attempts at communication.

We can't talk to dolphins and we come from the same planet. Ethics between eastern and western cultures are extremely diverse. Yet, we are supposed to have peace and harmony with beings from a foreign portion of the galaxy? That just doesn't really add up to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What is wrong with you guys? One astronomer says HE is certain there is life and you guys extrapolate that to me intelligent life. Has it occurred to anyone he was talking about microbes? Perhaps this planet does have intelligent life and perhaps a billion others do too. The distances one must travel would take several thousand years. I don't think we will get any tourists from there anytime soon

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What is wrong with you guys? One astronomer says HE is certain there is life and you guys extrapolate that to me intelligent life. Has it occurred to anyone he was talking about microbes? Perhaps this planet does have intelligent life and perhaps a billion others do too. The distances one must travel would take several thousand years. I don't think we will get any tourists from there anytime soon

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well the discovery of another Earth-like/sized planet is pretty much proof that planets like our own are common in the Universe.

But 100%? There where a lot of random factors that lead to intelligent life on Earth. Still, I was a firm believer that disclosure wasn't going to happen anytime soon, I have well and truly changed my mind. I have a feeling we are all going to find out very soon.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

We are getting close, this is just the beginning of mind blowing discoveries for mass awakening. hopeful is not going to be painful long wait till we get to know for sure how evolve the planet is. I mean if life evolved to intelligent species and so on……..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Did anyone just see the report on SKYNEWS about it?

It was really odd. Water is apparently on the surface. I'm quite the philistine, alas, when it comes to astronomy so I have no idea how detection of water works across light years. But apart from that, the gentlemen ended the interview on the most bizarre and almost absurd means;

"We should lay low. We don't know what life is out there. Waiting for us."

Waiting for us......

I imagine there will be many millions who will not sleep well tonight.

*What was that!.....Behind you!.....In that shadow!.......Outside your window!....Owl eyes?!....*

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
umm.... isnt that a bit of a stupid comment?

''theres a 100% chance of life''

there's a 100% chance I'll win lotto and marry Cal Wilson.....

unfortunately, its not very likely.

A planet with liquid water, then its certain some form of life will exist, germs and microbes, who cares, its still alien life, and the biggest discovery in human history.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Does anyone remember this post Laser-like signal coming from Gliese 581e??? posted May 2009?

Could it be our scientists had major clues i.e (laser like signals coming from this star system - SETI) so they could narrow down where to look for possible signs of 'intelligent' life? Lets face it, our cosmos is HUGE place to look for signs of 'life'. This latest announcement is connected with the ATS post I've linked to.

Interesting to note, that the Wikipedia page Gliese_581_e quoted by the OP stated:-

Astrophysicist Ragbir Bhathal at the University of Western Sydney discovered a "suspicious" laser-like signal coming from the coordinates of Gliese 581 e during a SETI sweep. Bhathal is still investigating the signal and scanning the coordinates for a repeat detection.

However, going to the same Wikipedia entry now shows no mention to the above. So these laser like signals never existed? Coincedence that this very same solar system contains a planet that could very well have 'intelligent life forms'!!

Folks, there is much more here than what we are being told.

edit on 30/9/2010 by Freelancer because: Grammer

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Indeed.

Life does not always mean humanoid or intelligence. All we know, this new planet might be Neanderthal-esqe in their behavior or microbes. Or, the other two Earth like in planets in the system might be colonies - with this new planet being the "home". Who knows. Everyone is speculating.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Or perhaps (at the risk of this being off-topic), you are nothing more than a bitter baby boomer and you feel the need to project that upon younger generations?

I think it's great that we're finding more planets like this and I want it to continue. Unlike you, I think that this planet has hope.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Lets pressume for one minute that intelligent life does exist on that planet, and they have colonised the other planets around them, do you think it's likely they would of spotted our planet? In terms of the ability for life to evolve.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Well, if they're that advanced - of course. Logic dictates it would be possible. Who knows, may be a visit was payed to Earth when we were developing.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

Waiting for us......
I imagine there will be many millions who will not sleep well tonight.
*What was that!.....Behind you!.....In that shadow!.......Outside your window!....Owl eyes?!....*

That inane level of commentary really does some up the intellectual deficit in the bloviated position on "disclosure" so often & so desperately expounded.

None of this helps to "Deny Ignorance".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So it makes you wonder is this Nibiru?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by rajaten

Wanna bet?

This thread will fade into obscurity. No disclosure is going to happen, no aliens are here. Nothing is what will happen.
Bet on it.

This answer has been valid for quite some time. But I think we must change or minds as times are changing.
I know it's pretty hard to think of this topic to become a reality as it has been full of lies for decades. But when there are only 30 minutes for a vulcano that imminently will errupt which has not been errupting for centuries the same principles apply. Most people will say: nah, it can't errupt - it hasn't done it before! It just fiction! - But just because it didn't happen in the overseeable past doesn't mean it can't happen now.

Personally I see lots of signs forming... this time something's going to happen. Not really sure yet how much of it is staged but there is movement in this topic recently. A lot of it. Open your eyes.

edit on 30-9-2010 by mrMasterJoe because: Mostly Typos.

edit on 30-9-2010 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says

While I lived in Alabama we had a threat of a snow storm. The local weather man said ... 'chance of snow 100% and we'll get a bunch!'. In the end, we didn't even get a single flake. Not a drop of rain either.

I HOPE he's right. But ...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

Nice catch Freelancer. Also found this article on Dr Bhathal..
www.vbs.tv...
In the article he states..

I’m not sure if you remember, last week we had National Science Week. And this magazine called Cosmos got everyone to send messages to them, which will then be sent to a planet called Gliese which 20 light years away. So they’re collecting all these messages, I think they’ve got around 20,000 of them, and they’re going to transmit them from the telescope at the Deep Space Institute in Canberra. So here is a message that’s going out from everyone, you know? There’s no censorship at all.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Dragnet53.....

So it makes you wonder is this Nibiru?

Definitely.

It must be Nobiru.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 30-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
We will not see UFO/Alien disclosure in our life time. At least I personally do not see it happening.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
We will not see UFO/Alien disclosure in our life time. At least I personally do not see it happening.

Blackout.....

So it's not Nobiru?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join